ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased 2 resales and both got added on Day 19 after the deed was recorded. I was able to get the points loaded by calling a couple days later.
This tracks with us this week. We closed 8/23, our deed was recorded 8/30, got emails from DVC on 9/19.

$149 Poly with points from 2022 and beyond and seller pays MF, good deal??😜
If you do not plan on making am offer, do you mind posting the details on the contract? We are looking for another poly contract under 200 points.

Had a question for recent closers, looking for some idea of how long Disney takes to register and move the points. The transaction was finalized Monday. They're telling me 5 weeks for Disney to transfer and then a possible additional 14 days to show the points.

Does that sound about right? I'm really hoping that's exaggerated.
Ours was 2 weeks exactly from the day the deed recorded. Now once we got the email from Disney, after 72 hours we mentioned nicely that we would like to book a vacation through chat, and immediately had our points.

If you do not plan on making am offer, do you mind posting the details on the contract? We are looking for another poly contract under 200 points.
I’m still deciding if I want to buy this one or not. They do make wonderful SAP though.
In addition, you can just offer whatever you think it’s right regardless of the listing price. This one particularly is currently listed at $170s.

Last edited:
Fidelity send a standard email titled “your right of first refusal request was sent for contract #xxxxx”. It just says what the next steps are and has answers to common questions.
And of course I haven't gotten this even though they supposedly sent mine on 9/19. 😑

Ours was 2 weeks exactly from the day the deed recorded. Now once we got the email from Disney, after 72 hours we mentioned nicely that we would like to book a vacation through chat, and immediately had our points.
Recorded end of Aug. Email 9/12, points loaded 9/14 ( just happened, no chat ) ...

Hehe, we were on vacation at WDW when the email came and points loaded... I didn't.even notice the points till 16th... I saw the email while we were lounging by the pool with cocktails... I told my wife, she said something like "Cool! where are we going next"

Recommend waiting in the bubble, time passes differently there 😃

Good luck. Have Fun!

For all you AKV hunters there is a loaded international contract listed at https://www.*************.com/ right now!

For all you AKV hunters there is a loaded international contract listed at https://www.*************.com/ right now!
Just a heads up, buying from Uk or Europe owner you might get a great deal as the dollar is so strong the seller has made massive profit from foreign exchange rate regardless. Selling AKV at $120 now is better than getting $155 last year.

We’re UK buyers and the exchange rate is the worst it’s been since 1985 😭we’ve had x 3 AKV contracts bought back. A seller has just accepted an offer for SSR of 118$ pp 250 points with 500 points in 2022 that we can sell. Is it a mistake buying SSR resort when we will mostly want to stay at AKV? they seem to always have good availability 7 months out? can anyone post their dvc availability for AKV for 7 months out pretty please? 🤞🏼🥰

We’re UK buyers and the exchange rate is the worst it’s been since 1985 😭we’ve had x 3 AKV contracts bought back. A seller has just accepted an offer for SSR of 118$ pp 250 points with 500 points in 2022 that we can sell. Is it a mistake buying SSR resort when we will mostly want to stay at AKV? they seem to always have good availability 7 months out? can anyone post their dvc availability for AKV for 7 months out pretty please? 🤞🏼🥰
We own 2 SSR contracts and exclusively use them for SAP’s. I’ve never had an issue booking at 7 months for GF and BW and recently was able to get 4 days at AKL Club Level. (Prior to CL opening up, I had the full week in a Savanna room that was booked a month after my 7 month window.) Even if you don’t get exactly what you want at your 7 month mark, keep checking. People cancel all the time. Good luck to you!

You can't post availability on Disboards but if you want a Value room you won't get that at 7 months and it's even a struggle at 11 months. Some availability remains at other room types at 7 months but depends when you travel and what room you want.
Terrible time to buy from UK and those dues are going to be painful too. If you can rent all 500pts it might help but even paying for food at WDW is going to be painful next year, I'll probably take a year off, I've rented out 270pts.

You can't post availability on Disboards but if you want a Value room you won't get that at 7 months and it's even a struggle at 11 months. Some availability remains at other room types at 7 months but depends when you travel and what room you want.
Terrible time to buy from UK and those dues are going to be painful too. If you can rent all 500pts it might help but even paying for food at WDW is going to be painful next year, I'll probably take a year off, I've rented out 270pts.
please can you PM me on how you rent points? i have no idea how to go about this ☹️

We own 2 SSR contracts and exclusively use them for SAP’s. I’ve never had an issue booking at 7 months for GF and BW and recently was able to get 4 days at AKL Club Level. (Prior to CL opening up, I had the full week in a Savanna room that was booked a month after my 7 month window.) Even if you don’t get exactly what you want at your 7 month mark, keep checking. People cancel all the time. Good luck to you!
thank you! this is reassuring, we would want a standard studio most of the time. do you ever rent points out to other people? if you do would you mind please private messaging me on help how to do this? i’m clueless!

please can you PM me on how you rent points? i have no idea how to go about this ☹️
As a newbie The best thing would be to use a broker, I know this one (aka David's) deals with international owners and has loads of people waiting. You are still a while away from having the points so just use the time to research, there is also a UK DVC forum here on Disboards https://dvcrequest.com/

We are right there with you. I already booked flights for March 😆
We are hoping everything goes through and we are able to rent out our points that expire at the end of March. The availability has me worried but trying not to get ahead of myself since we still have to pass ROFR before I get to that point

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter