• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is also an AKL 100 pts for $170 I saw recently

I mean I have to scratch my head at a lot of the pricing right now. I’ve been tracking deals to be had— SSR contracts are popping up (and selling quickly) at the $120/point price range. AKV can be found at $135-140/point. I even saw a large GFV contract at $175/point this week.. and then I get a notification of a new GFV contract at $225/point.

I don’t understand why people would pay some of these high prices.SSR at $169 is just silly.

I mean I have to scratch my head at a lot of the pricing right now. I’ve been tracking deals to be had— SSR contracts are popping up (and selling quickly) at the $120/point price range. AKV can be found at $135-140/point. I even saw a large GFV contract at $175/point this week.. and then I get a notification of a new GFV contract at $225/point.

I don’t understand why people would pay some of these high prices.SSR at $169 is just silly.
Non members who only want small contact.

ROFR Day 50: It’s late, I know. I usually post earlier but I have been “consoling” myself by installing new appliances in my kitchen. I have put in a new range and dishwasher. Tomorrow I will install a new faucet and run the water line to my fridge. After that, I will officially add plumber to my resume. I haven’t worked up the courage to install the over the range microwave yet. I am a little intimidated by that one.
At my brother’s suggestion I also created a spreadsheet to track other contacts that I could bid on if this one falls through. There’s a lot of them out there and this experience hasn’t put me off of resale. I understand that this is a unique situation, I just wonder how I just instinctively pick ‘em 🤷🏻‍♀️

ROFR Day 50: It’s late, I know. I usually post earlier but I have been “consoling” myself by installing new appliances in my kitchen. I have put in a new range and dishwasher. Tomorrow I will install a new faucet and run the water line to my fridge. After that, I will officially add plumber to my resume. I haven’t worked up the courage to install the over the range microwave yet. I am a little intimidated by that one.
At my brother’s suggestion I also created a spreadsheet to track other contacts that I could bid on if this one falls through. There’s a lot of them out there and this experience hasn’t put me off of resale. I understand that this is a unique situation, I just wonder how I just instinctively pick ‘em 🤷🏻‍♀️
For you, it’s all about the dead seller.
They may not be able to sell the contract until someone is appointed as an executor or administrator. Right now (at least in NY), those appointments are taking months and months because the surrogates court is so backed up from Covid.
I think the seller is 100% your problem here and not ROFR.
I actually think you should ask the broker for some more information on it, because if there’s some kind of assigned beneficiary you may be back on track but if you have to go through the Surrogate’s Court, you’re just spinning your wheels here.

There’s still no reason to pay that price. There are other contracts out there. This isn’t six months ago when inventory was actually low.

Except a 25 point contract isn’t easy to find. You buy that and can buy direct with as little as 25.

Plus, for a contract that little you are not talking a ton of money. If someone pays $160, it’s only about $750 more than if one got it for $130.

Not everyone may want the dues associated with a ton of points so I can see why someone might do this.

Except a 25 point contract isn’t easy to find. You buy that and can buy direct with as little as 25.

Plus, for a contract that little you are not talking a ton of money. If someone pays $160, it’s only about $750 more than if one got it for $130.

Not everyone may want the dues associated with a ton of points so I can see why someone might do this.
Makes sense. To each their own. Everyone has different needs!

small contracts always go for a premium but it really is fascinating to see SSR as low as $110 for a bigger contract vs $169 for a smaller contract. I recently sold a 25 pointer for SSR at $163 and was floored it could go that high. My 50pt BLT in for ROFR was $3 less PP!

I think broker pays a big part too. One is always notably higher ($20-35 on average for contracts <100 points)

I paid $187.5 for a loaded 30 point BLT in June from one broker and have a loaded 50 pointer from another at $160.Both small and I would expect the 30 pointer to coat slightly more but again I probably could have negotiated a better dea. On the flip side though as you pointed out. On 30 points, even a $10 difference is only $300 so really it doesn’t matter that much. On the 50 point however the other site I referenced above had similar listing at $195 ($35 x 50 = $1750 so that is a big difference)

it’s all about broker, timing, patience, research (this board very helpful) and frankly luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter