ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is still hungry for SSR, this is my 4th one out of 5 total taken... haha

Michiel---$126-$20810-160-SSR-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 160/22- sent 7/23, taken 8/18

Luckily the biggest one (300 points, bought in May) got through and is in my account by now...
Well dang!!!! This doesn't bode well for my $128 one maybe then! I lost a previous one @ $128 per point but the seller was paying MF. I'm hoping me paying them helps it go through.

Hmm. If VGF2

What if VGF2 is priced around $200-$210? Congrats, of course! But for many buyers it might be worth waiting to buy direct.

We considered waiting and buying direct, we currently own at BWV, PBV, and BLT with a combined 250 direct points, and 250 resale points with the addition of this contract we will have 400 resale points... we might add direct for 50-100pts more with VGF2 because I wanted 200+ at VGF. It was quite the decision process, and we ultimately decided to roll the dice. (I probably have secured the low price for everyone waiting for direct, that's just my luck!). I personally think it will probably run $225-240 but it's really anyone's guess! I have an odd battle happening internally now; I want VGF2 to come out at a low price because I want to buy more, but I also don't want to be wrong or think I could have gotten a better deal with this contract! Lol!

Luckily the biggest one (300 points, bought in May) got through and is in my account by now...
Wow based on this I’m not confident mine will go through…
DVChris---$121-$26890-215-SSR-Jun-0/20, 64/21, 215/22, 215/23- sent 8/4

Wow based on this I’m not confident mine will go through…
DVChris---$121-$26890-215-SSR-Jun-0/20, 64/21, 215/22, 215/23- sent 8/4
My $125 with banked point just passed so don’t see you having a 0% chance. It does seem everything under $125 has been taken recently.

Sorry yours got taken 🥲. I have a loaded $126 point SSR in ROFR too 😬. I do have fun looking for and bidding on contracts though, I hope you find an even better contract 😊.

Sarahdactyl---$143-$32526-210-BWV-Mar-2/20, 210/21, 210/22, 210/23- sent 7/16, passed 8/18

Our first DVC! We just canceled a November trip because of covid, so it's nice to have 20 years of amazing vacations to look forward to. Also, as others have said, estoppel was done before we were notified, and we already have our closing documents from the title company.

Sorry yours got taken 🥲. I have a loaded $126 point SSR in ROFR too 😬. I do have fun looking for and bidding on contracts though, I hope you find an even better contract 😊.
Same here, have a loaded $120 point SSR in ROFR. I agree though there is fun in the chase! I'm still actively looking at listings for plans B, C, D and so on in case they take this one.

After seeing your offer at the top of this thread, I think I know your exact listing (same UY and points). I think I put in an offer of $125 that the seller accepted, but they notified me 2 hours after the current offer I have was accepted.

Last edited:
Hmm. If VGF2

What if VGF2 is priced around $200-$210? Congrats, of course! But for many buyers it might be worth waiting to buy direct.
It’s not always about “getting the best deal possible” for everyone. We want VGF, and have plans for trips for which I need to start accumulating our points now. What if VGF2 is priced around $260? Then I win. If it’s priced closer to $200, then I buy some direct. Either way I win. I get what I want.

ROFR Day 49: Seven weeks. Seven. Weeks. I have been waiting seven weeks. By now plans B, C and D are looking more attractive. Like, really attractive cause they seem a bit more attainable than the one I am waiting on. Plan E has yet to reveal itself. Oh, and just for fun, my broker is on vacation until the 23rd. 🙄

Last edited:
ROFR Day 49: Seven weeks. Seven. Weeks. I have been waiting seven weeks. By now plans B, C and D are looking more attractive. Like, really attractive cause they seem a bit more attainable than the one I am waiting on. Oh, and just for fun, my broker is on vacation until the 23rd. 🙄

that’s insane. My longest was 60ish days and it was because they lost paperwork and Had to resubmit. Annoying for the seller too who might be waiting on the cash from sale.

Sarahdactyl---$143-$32526-210-BWV-Mar-2/20, 210/21, 210/22, 210/23- sent 7/16, passed 8/18

Our first DVC! We just canceled a November trip because of covid, so it's nice to have 20 years of amazing vacations to look forward to. Also, as others have said, estoppel was done before we were notified, and we already have our closing documents from the title company.
Congrats!!🎊🍾

that’s insane. My longest was 60ish days and it was because they lost paperwork and Had to resubmit. Annoying for the seller too who might be waiting on the cash from sale.
I was thinking about the seller today. The reason that this is taking so long is one of the sellers is deceased and Disney needed some extra paperwork. What if the seller is really needing the money? What if they need to close this do they can move on in the grieving process? I know that they have one more trip and the contract can’t close until the reservation is completed but still, this is a lot for me the buyer, I can’t imagine how this must feel to the seller.

ROFR Day 49: Seven weeks. Seven. Weeks. I have been waiting seven weeks. By now plans B, C and D are looking more attractive. Like, really attractive cause they seem a bit more attainable than the one I am waiting on. Plan E has yet to reveal itself. Oh, and just for fun, my broker is on vacation until the 23rd. 🙄
someone screwed something up. probably had to send it back in after a revision or such
edit saw your post above now

Passed on one of my pending contracts last Friday (the 13th!). (Still having a little buyer’s remorse over the price but I will be glad to get my points loaded.) Interestingly, estoppel arrived along with ROFR waiver. Title company says that is becoming typical. That shaved several weeks off the timeline.

pirate33---$167-$47983-270-BLT-Sep-0/19, 0/20, 295/21, 270/22- sent 7/12, passed 8/13

Last edited:
I know this sounds kind of bad… but after this Genie+ announcement I kind of hope Disney takes my contact. If they don’t I will make one trip out and then just sell the contract if I don’t like it… Genie+ sounds awful.
It sounds similar to the Max Pass us west coasters had at DL (except now there is additional paid LL for certain attractions) and Max Pass was great and easily worth the $20 per person /per day. I don’t think it will be awful. I hope it isn’t! 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter