• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MeggiesMom---$180-$18798-100-VGF-Apr-0/20, 100/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 7/14, passed 8/17

When my other VGF passed on 7/29, my agent said as part of the new process implemented, Disney had waived and issued estoppel at the same time. Hopefully that is the case from now on.
This was true for me. Passed ROFR on my SSR contract on 8/4 and received estoppel and closing docs that same day.

The thing is, my March UY is hard to find, and when a contract pops up with the right points, for me, eeking out every last dime of savings, and maximizing the ROFR possibility, isn’t a good strategy.

I have fed Disney so many points with a March UY.

Congrats...this is a nice deal on VGF. You could have the seller bank the points for you since you might not close and have access to the points prior to the banking cutoff at the end of September.
Thanks 😊
Unfortunately the points are in holding 😕
If it closes soon I will try to grab a reservation and either use it or sell it cheap.

ROFR Day 48: Still no word. I have started formulating plan C, which looks suspiciously like plan “F it all I am buying direct”. So I may have to change that game plan. I am also feeling a bit stressed in daily life and I find myself searching “What’s available” on the DVC site. Dreaming of just jumping on a plane and spending a weekend somewhere that’s not here (with a pool). It would be a lot more tempting if I had those extra points from my resale. Alas, I console myself with the mental image of my future, jumping on a plane, getting to a DVC property and finally enjoying some quiet me time. With my 5 kids, various son & daughters in law, grandchildren, brother, brothers family, sister, sisters family and other sister. Yeah, it’s going to be sooo relaxing. 😳

Back for more Riviera...

$140-$31,990-210-RIV-Dec-210/20-440/21-210/22-sent 8/18 (2020 points are banked from 2019 and very likely unusable by time of closing)
Wow. Guessing these people never used a single point. Yowza.

Congrats...this is a nice deal on VGF. You could have the seller bank the points for you since you might not close and have access to the points prior to the banking cutoff at the end of September.
Hmm. If VGF2
MeggiesMom---$180-$18798-100-VGF-Apr-0/20, 100/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 7/14, passed 8/17

When my other VGF passed on 7/29, my agent said as part of the new process implemented, Disney had waived and issued estoppel at the same time. Hopefully that is the case from now on.
What if VGF2 is priced around $200-$210? Congrats, of course! But for many buyers it might be worth waiting to buy direct.

Edited to add: I got my answer. I can’t figure out how to delete my comment lol. This is just a form to be filled out that sounds like it should have been sent to me weeks ago. I just hope it hasn’t held anything up! The wait continues.

Ok guys, my impatience and anxiety is killing me. We submitted an OKW contract on 7/30. The attorney had our escrow from a previous sale that was taken by ROFR. I just got an email from the attorney saying “in reviewing our records, I show a new sale with pending deposit. I have attached a transfer of deposit form for you to sign and email back so that I can apply your deposit currently held in escrow to the new purchase.” Does this mean we passed ROFR or this is something that should have been done when we submitted to Disney nearly 3 weeks ago? I was told by my broker that I didn’t need to do anything with the escrow deposit and he’d note on our contract which attorney had our escrow deposit. I asked for clarification from the attorney via email reply but haven’t heard back yet. Thoughts?? I’m stressing lol.

Last edited:
Ok guys, my impatience and anxiety is killing me. We submitted an OKW contract on 7/30. The attorney had our escrow from a previous sale that was taken by ROFR. I just got an email from the attorney saying “in reviewing our records, I show a new sale with pending deposit. I have attached a transfer of deposit form for you to sign and email back so that I can apply your deposit currently held in escrow to the new purchase.” Does this mean we passed ROFR or this is something that should have been done when we submitted to Disney nearly 3 weeks ago? I was told by my broker that I didn’t need to do anything with the escrow deposit and he’d note on our contract which attorney had our escrow deposit. I asked for clarification from the attorney via email reply but haven’t heard back yet. Thoughts?? I’m stressing lol.
they are just moving the deposit over. Has nothing to do with disney

Here we go again!

Michiel---$126-$20810-160-SSR-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 160/22- sent 7/23

Disney is still hungry for SSR, this is my 4th one out of 5 total taken... haha

Michiel---$126-$20810-160-SSR-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 160/22- sent 7/23, taken 8/18

Luckily the biggest one (300 points, bought in May) got through and is in my account by now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter