• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not a significant change. We have seen this before . More likely to be seasonal. Disney discounts when things are bad, not seeing that yet.
A three percent drop is significant and it wasn’t seasonal. It was compared to the same quarter the previous year. Plus, they have offered significant discounts in an attempt to boost both attendance and bookings. The had a multiple room discounts including another round of free dining. On the ticket side they have rolled out the midday tickets.

A three percent drop is significant and it wasn’t seasonal. It was compared to the same quarter the previous year. Plus, they have offered significant discounts in an attempt to boost both attendance and bookings. The had a multiple room discounts including another round of free dining. On the ticket side they have rolled out the midday tickets.

Could y'all move this to the theme park thread from here? All fair points but let's keep this to DVC contracts and ROFR as best we can. Thanks :)

jamie3631---$130.77-$9582-65-BWV-Oct-0/18, 62/19, 59/20, 65/21- sent 9/16

Put an offer on this one while we were waiting to hear on rofr. Passed rofr last week Wednesday for a higher priced boardwalk 50 point contract. Now hoping this one passes.

It is whenever the drunkin monkey feels like doing it and some times he may do it well and other times the weekend may have been very tough so he just stamps pass on everything to get it off his desk other times the take stamp is closer so he grabs that one sometimes the pass stamp is closer and watch out here comes a bunch of passes.

This made me think of the scene from Elf where he stamped NICE on everyone.

Update!

Legoland18---$142-$22,700 160-BLT-Feb- 0/19, 0/20, 160/21 sent 8/6 , Passed 8/27
Could you please reformat that with the link in post #1 so it can go on the list? It'd be a big help and would be great to be able to add that deal!

So do you think $13,431 was a decent price to pay for 4 poly stays of 200ish points each? Maybe it depends on the season those points were used? (Easter week (6 nts) in a standard studio at VGF was 196 points; it was the same number of points for Poly, because I looked at switching at 7mo)

I guess as I think about it, it's not terrible. I paid $17/point to rent someone else's points earlier this year. Having their own DVC account would have afforded them the ability to book @ 11 months. I am assuming that they bought in before the prices went up.

That's also not including any finance charges they might have incurred, nor is it accounting for discounts on Annual Passes, Merch, Food, or anything else they might have gotten. So in the end, it's maybe not as much of a loss as I thought initially.

Haha... id say....im waiting on $135..... really starting to feel like it was a waste of time....
I know the feeling. I have 2 - 160pt contracts in review (1 at $130 and 1 at $132). I don't have too much hope for them to pass, but they can't take them all!

I know the feeling. I have 2 - 160pt contracts in review (1 at $130 and 1 at $132). I don't have too much hope for them to pass, but they can't take them all!
Haha...true...i got the seller to pay closing costs and everything!....be really bummed if it doesnt pass 😞

MizzouTigger---$100-$11435-100-SSR-Feb-0/18, 50/19, 200/20, 100/21- sent 8/28, passed 9/11

A little behind with posting... but hoping it will contribute to helping others like the information in this thread, and on these boards, was so valuable in helping me make a decision to offer on my first DVC contract. A huge thank you to everyone here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter