ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking price $80 (so 20% off) and 4mo. I don't know if it been on at a higher price before.

The board sponsor would have apparently offered $72 for an instant sale and would have "refunded" the 2024 dues.
72-10% commish tho=64.8+9.87=74.67 You are winning!

I’m buying a small BWV for a 2BD for $816/night buy-in and dues. Given its location…. I think that’s a pretty darn good deal…. not really concerned with resale….

Now VGF & Aulani…. I don’t think I would have purchased without the ability to sell again in the future….

VGC…. my wife said we will be buried with those points….
Agree on both points!!

What do people think dues might be towards the end of those 2042 deeds anyway? I have to admit, when doing the math...I was never quite sure what my annual dues might be down the road. I know they will go up and that some years they go up more than others. But I'm just not a numbers person.

I'm laughing to myself because you may be referring to my post and I do think they'll stay above $70 for at least another decade (with maybe a economy wide panic driven dip here or there)... As someone who has paid cash for BCV villas on numerous occasions, I would definitely recommend it to people who know they will go to BCV at least 5 more times (and can book 8+ mo in advance), by which point, they should have made their investment back (and you should be able to rent those points at $22+/yr for 17 years)-- I wouldn't recommend any 2042 as a good investment, but as a purchase BCV/BWV will pay for itself with about 4-6 use of years, fewer if Disney keeps jacking up nightly rates... even still, I'm not saying it's a good relative value as compared with BLT or CCV at the moment. I feel more confident about BCV staying high than BWV, but I only think BWV will slide more than $40 from it's current price over the next decade if Disney actually cracks down on commercial renters. I think we'll a similar slide in SAP at OKWE and SSR (and maybe AUL) as it gets harder to trade into the other resorts with resale points.
To your point about Commercial Renters, I have expressed my displeasure with this practice to many DVC CMs over the past few years. I actually received a call from a senior DVC CM this February, and I was able to express my concern and frustration honestly and directly. This CM acknowledged the issue and expressed an understanding for my frustration, but stopped short at sharing any insights as to how DVC may be actually be dealing with this issue.

What do people think dues might be towards the end of those 2042 deeds anyway? I have to admit, when doing the math...I was never quite sure what my annual dues might be down the road. I know they will go up and that some years they go up more than others. But I'm just not a numbers person.
I'm guessing we don't want to know. lol
They wont seem so bad at the time, but thinking about them now is probably pretty brutal. ;)

They basically doubled over the last 15 years, so i think it's safe to say they will be double in 18 years.

To your point about Commercial Renters, I have expressed my displeasure with this practice to many DVC CMs over the past few years. I actually received a call from a senior DVC CM this February, and I was able to express my concern and frustration honestly and directly. This CM acknowledged the issue and expressed an understanding for my frustration, but stopped short at sharing any insights as to how DVC may be actually be dealing with this issue.
It does seem to be a problem with DVC, as well as in the real world. Hopefully both can figure out a way to slow it down a little. At least some kind of reasonable limits.

*edit*
Sorry, i always get things off topic. Technically the commercial renter thing should probably be in the controversial threads. lol

Exactly, the "resale" value is going to dwindle very quickly over the next decade, so you really can't even hope to sell for the same or higher if you wanted to sell down the road (but it may be possible).
I don’t disagree that the resale value of 2042s will be zero in less than 20 years, but I also think DVC has shown that they are no longer interested in supporting resale values and I think the DVC 2.0 everybody is speculating about could dramatically further devalue resale points for the SAP resorts. BCV/BWV are worth more than SSR today for a reason and it could be even more true in 5 years (this is not investment advice and I could be wrong!)… but I would never encourage anyone to own either, if they are hoping to make a profit beyond the thousands they will save on vacations.

I have considered loading up on $80/pt (or less) SSR/OKW points to use for Poly bungalows, but I am concerned they could be worth half of the current value long before 2042, I don’t want to stay at those resorts, and I also am not sure how combing PVB with the new tower would impact availability. Long-term we have no idea what Disney plans to do to make resale even less desirable relative to new points, but the trend hasn’t been good… so I am only going to buy at resorts I think would be happy to stay at for the life of the contract and could easily rent if there was ever a year I didn’t want to use them.
[edit, saw @Sandisw asked us to get back on topic while I was typing out this essay, so feel free to delete or move elsewhere!]

Ok, that makes sense.….. but… they have raised the price of direct so high that they can’t really move points once they have ROFR’d them in most cases.

Ya sorry I wasn't trying to be that cryptic. I just was avoiding a Beetlejuice scenario since I have one pending.

But that's my point, since people had issues figuring out what I was talking about in the namesake thread, we are all acting like that mechanism is gone for good. They are continuing to sell thousands of CCV points per month for example. As these resale prices drop further and further, even more motivation for them to start flipping them.

I really think ROFR has been silent for so long that the sentiment has changed in this community, but it will be back, eventually their supply will be exhausted. A lot of the membership here has gotten more emboldened.

Ya sorry I wasn't trying to be that cryptic. I just was avoiding a Beetlejuice scenario since I have one pending.

But that's my point, since people had issues figuring out what I was talking about in the namesake thread, we are all acting like that mechanism is gone for good. They are continuing to sell thousands of CCV points per month for example. As these resale prices drop further and further, even more motivation for them to start flipping them.

I really think ROFR has been silent for so long that the sentiment has changed in this community, but it will be back, eventually their supply will be exhausted. A lot of the membership here has gotten more emboldened.

If delinquencies and foreclosures are up, they will get all the points they need from that as opposed to ROFR. I'm not convinced it's coming back anytime soon.

I got a VGF ROFR’d last month… so I am very familiar that it is alive and well… but I agree that it is basically a 0 factor outside of VGF under $150pp and changes the game on going for YOLO offers…

Last edited:
I got a VGF ROFR’d last month… so I am very familiar that it is alive and well… but I agree that it is basically a 0 factor outside of VGF under $150pp and changes the game on going for YOLO offers…
What is the best YOLO offer you have seen on here since you have followed that went through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter