ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. I reimbursed all 3 sellers for the current year’s unused points in all three of my resale purchases. That still doesn’t explain why the seller would have to reimburse the buyer for current year MFs. It would just be an instance of the appropriate person having already paid the fees and not requiring any reimbursement in either direction.

Why would they be reimbursing you for 24 MFs? They are the ones who paid them and then used the 24 points so you’d be asking them to pay them twice. In this instance no one should owe anyone for the 24 MFs.
I think they were only talking about 2025 dues as the contract was totally stripped and the seller already used the points from a year that they haven’t paid dues on yet.

My husband got his closing docs from her last Friday. I didn't get mine so I contacted her and she apparently attempted to send them on Monday and I still didn't get them. So no idea what was going on there. One her of coworkers ended up sending me a direct link instead. I'm still not sure why I didn't get them. My husband and I both use gmail and obviously I checked spam and stuff. I know this isn't Cammy's fault, obviously. But kind of annoying. Last year, we had her at Mason and she wasn't very good at answers my questions via email. Again, they were passed off to a coworker.
I’m sorry you’ve had those experiences. She has always replied personally to my emails although she may have me tagged since I’ve closed many times with her due to an acute case of addonitis 🙈

Why would they be reimbursing you for 24 MFs? They are the ones who paid them and then used the 24 points so you’d be asking them to pay them twice. In this instance no one should owe anyone for the 24 MFs.
Yeah I phrased it poorly. I shouldn't have said that I, the buyer, wanted "credit" for the 24 dues at closing, just that the dues owed to Disney at closing would be paid by the seller.

Our First DVC! Not planning to go until 2025 so this worked nicely! Fingers crossed!

disneydad7281231---$112-$28887-250-PVB-Feb-0/23, 0/24, 250/25, 250/26- sent 2/19
I'm currently looking at making an offer on an empty 2024 use year contract as well and would like some advice/insight.
Did you ask for a 2024 cash reimbursement of dues paid for 2024 since their is no points in 2024 to use or did the seller come down on the price because the contract is empty?

As a question to all veteran resale buyers who have bought empty use year contracts, ie: 0 points for 2024, is it common practice to ask or to expect for the seller to reimburse me, the buyer, for unused points?
Thanks for the help.

As a question to all veteran resale buyers who have bought empty use year contracts, ie: 0 points for 2024, is it common practice to ask or to expect for the seller to reimburse me, the buyer, for unused points?
Thanks for the help.
No, it is not common.

Everything would generally be reflected in your ppp offer and you note that the seller will owe any unpaid dues on points they have already used. That is generally a drop down option in the broker’s offer page.

I'm currently looking at making an offer on an empty 2024 use year contract as well and would like some advice/insight.
Did you ask for a 2024 cash reimbursement of dues paid for 2024 since their is no points in 2024 to use or did the seller come down on the price because the contract is empty?
They were responsible to for the 2024 dues because they used the points. I clarified this with the resale company prior to my offer. I will not have dues until 2025 as long as I make it for ROFR.

No, it is not common.

Everything would generally be reflected in your ppp offer and you note that the seller will owe any unpaid dues on points they have already used. That is generally a drop down option in the broker’s offer page.
That is what my thinking was too. I've done just that and am waiting back to hear from the seller. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. I don't always expect an agent listing a contract to tell me all the in and outs of how to make an offer, so I come here to ask.

They were responsible to for the 2024 dues because they used the points. I clarified this with the resale company prior to my offer. I will not have dues until 2025 as long as I make it for ROFR.
My agent said the same thing that I would not owe dues until 2025 either and when the offer was submitted to the seller, it showed me paying only closing and fees. The seller accepted my offer so I am waiting to see/sign the contract.

If you buy a contract that closes from Dec 2023 onwards all dues for 2024 have to be settled as part of the sale.
If you are buying now but no points in 2024 then seller should have already paid dues or will be deducted from their final payment. Dues for 2024 have to be paid by the owner by 15th Feb otherwise interest would be charged.
No buyer would be paying dues for a contract with zero 2024 points.

Remember that dues based on a calendar year and so is different to UY. You may not get 2024 points until 1st Dec but you would still pay dues for full year(unless negotiated)

TLDR
If there are 2024 points then buyer would usually pay those based on how many are available.
If there are no or only some 2025 points then buyer would get a credit for the amount used, usually based on 2024 dues value.

If you buy a contract that closes from Dec 2023 onwards all dues for 2024 have to be settled as part of the sale.
If you are buying now but no points in 2024 then seller should have already paid dues or will be deducted from their final payment. Dues for 2024 have to be paid by the owner by 15th Feb otherwise interest would be charged.
No buyer would be paying dues for a contract with zero 2024 points.

Remember that dues based on a calendar year and so is different to UY. You may not get 2024 points until 1st Dec but you would still pay dues for full year(unless negotiated)

TLDR
If there are 2024 points then buyer would usually pay those based on how many are available.
If there are no or only some 2025 points then buyer would get a credit for the amount used, usually based on 2024 dues value.
The exception would be if a buyer is paying the dues on a monthly auto plan. So, they may have unpaid dues on used points and that would need to be settled before the contract can close.

That is important to be aware of
I imagine, this would probably be found during ROFR if it wasn't told to the agent. I'm reviewing the contract now and it states I would start paying on dues in 2025.
So if this came up, I assume the buyer would have to reimburse me any future payments that have to made in order for the sale to close. Does that seems right?

I imagine, this would probably be found during ROFR if it wasn't told to the agent. I'm reviewing the contract now and it states I would start paying on dues in 2025.
So if this came up, I assume the buyer would have to reimburse me any future payments that have to made in order for the sale to close. Does that seems right?
It does to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter