ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
whitters3---$90-$15059-150-SSR-Aug-0/20, 139/21, 150/22- sent 1/7

This is our first try at a DVC contract, so excited! We have made many offers only to be told it had multiple offers and so happy to have gotten this one. Now the anxious wait of ROFR!

This is our first try at a DVC contract, so excited! We have made many offers only to be told it had multiple offers and so happy to have gotten this one. Now the anxious wait of ROFR!
Good luck! My first purchase was back in November and it was an SSR contract at $97pp (seller paid closing and MF). Surprisingly mine passed ROFR whenever most everyone else was getting swiped at less than $100pp at that time. The optimistic view would have you believe first time buyers get some grace and they let it slide. The pessimistic view would look at the dozens of SSR contracts over the past quarter that have been taken (most at higher prices than yours). I'd think your odds are somewhere around 60% getting taken/40% on clearing ROFR...definitely keep an eye for other contracts as you very well could be on the search again

Good luck! My first purchase was back in November and it was an SSR contract at $97pp (seller paid closing and MF). Surprisingly mine passed ROFR whenever most everyone else was getting swiped at less than $100pp at that time. The optimistic view would have you believe first time buyers get some grace and they let it slide. The pessimistic view would look at the dozens of SSR contracts over the past quarter that have been taken (most at higher prices than yours). I'd think your odds are somewhere around 60% getting taken/40% on clearing ROFR...definitely keep an eye for other contracts as you very well could be on the search again
Thanks! I am not holding my breath it goes through but I really hope it does. I would hate to have to start all over again. Who knew this process would be so stressful?! I will go with the optimistic view of being a first timer and will take my 60/40 chances.

For those Saratoga Springers out there, has any contract at this price actually passed ROFER recently?

I have offers on a few but all over $100 pending ROFR
The seller was asking $95 so we just thought we would offer $90 thinking for sure they would counter but just accepted! I am kind of regretting it now actually and should have done the $95 or higher.

I have had ones where I have offered asking price but seller to pay closing etc.......

Eric Smith---$227-$24124-100-VGC-APR-0/19, 0/20, 100/21-seller pays MF '20- sent 1/7

Hopefully I formatted that right. We're really hoping this passes ROFR. We were planning to buy direct at the new Disneyland Tower, but started getting spooked by talk of how high the cost per point would be plus the increase to the 125 point blue card minimum. This fit pretty well for us since our current contract has a March use year.

Last edited:
CookieandOatmeal---$155-$16820-100-BLT-Dec-23/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 1/8

While not the lowball contract I was wishing I could get at the start of the pandemic, this contract fits everything I'm looking for. Out of the 23pts, 22pts are banked from UY2019 so my plan is to reallocate them into my current reservation so that frees up some of my UY2020 Poly points.

The seller was asking $95 so we just thought we would offer $90 thinking for sure they would counter but just accepted! I am kind of regretting it now actually and should have done the $95 or higher.

DVC has never taken all contracts under a certain price no matter what the brokers try to tell you on "offering to pass ROFR". DVC will then suddenly take a contract higher than "will pass". And on the same date 2 people will post almost identical transactions - 1 passing and the other not.

CookieandOatmeal---$155-$16820-100-BLT-Dec-23/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 1/8

While not the lowball contract I was wishing I could get at the start of the pandemic, this contract fits everything I'm looking for. Out of the 23pts, 22pts are banked from UY2019 so my plan is to reallocate them into my current reservation so that frees up some of my UY2020 Poly points.

I think aside from some outliers, I didn’t really see much decrease in prices as a result of the pandemic. I bought my Poly contract right before the pandemic, paid $137/pt for 100 points. I saw a few contracts of approximately that size go into the $120’s in that time, but generally, I feel like contracts held their values fairly well.

DVC has never taken all contracts under a certain price no matter what the brokers try to tell you on "offering to pass ROFR". DVC will then suddenly take a contract higher than "will pass". And on the same date 2 people will post almost identical transactions - 1 passing and the other not.
I’m sure that’s true, but, just from these boards, anecdotally, I don’t think I’ve seen a $90 SSR contract pass in months. Also, I’m not sure the brokers really care if a contract passes or not. They get their commission either way, plus another commission when the buyer moves on to another contract. So they make even more money!
Personally, if I had a lowball offer accepted, I would want the broker to communicate to me their opinion regarding the risk of not passing. I’d want to know their company’s recent sale prices for that particular resort, as well as which prices passed and which didn’t. If I were new to the process, I might not know where to research this on my own, and would appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter