ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on day 41. But I talked to my broker again this morning. Disney apparently lost my contract, but it has now been "found" and Disney has been asking a lot of questions in the last couple of days. He says that is a good sign that my contract won't be taken.
Wow 41 days that's crazy! Any word yet? Hopefully positive. Pixie dust your way.

My 50 point Old Key West contract through Fidelity passed on day 20 but that was 5 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my closing papers :furious: I wish I knew before making my offer that I could pick the title company because I would NEVER use First American Title :headache: With the different title companies for my other contracts, I received my closing paperwork 8 and 9 days after passing ROFR :confused3
YES! But congratulations on passing!!

Paipt---$130-$69385-500-BLT-Feb-0/18, 500/19, 500/20, 500/21- sent 1/18, taken 2/26

I just got an e-mail from my broker. The dream is officially over. Not at all a surprise - actually glad to just have resolution. Will probably take some time to figure out our next move. Thanks so much for this board/thread - it was very helpful to me, especially given the prolonged nature of this particular process.

Best of luck to all still waiting - especially those that are way past the 30 day mark!

I’m sorry. BLT is a great resort. You’ll find a better contract!

My 50 point Old Key West contract through Fidelity passed on day 20 but that was 5 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my closing papers :furious: I wish I knew before making my offer that I could pick the title company because I would NEVER use First American Title :headache: With the different title companies for my other contracts, I received my closing paperwork 8 and 9 days after passing ROFR :confused3

Yikes. FA was good when they had one particular person working for them, but they’ve been so tough to deal with ever since she left. I was working with them last year when she resigned. The new closing agent wasn’t terrible, but the original one was much better. You’ll know for next time addonitis strikes!

bebec22---$135-$25453-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 2/26

After almost 2 years of following these boards I have finally submitted my first contract! I don’t have high hopes of this passing with all of the recent BLT contracts being taken but I need to start somewhere! Wish me luck!

bebec22---$135-$25453-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 2/26

After almost 2 years of following these boards I have finally submitted my first contract! I don’t have high hopes of this passing with all of the recent BLT contracts being taken but I need to start somewhere! Wish me luck!
Best of luck, we are in the same boat hoping for a miracle

Jbrad77301---$114-$28758-231-BWV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 462/19, 231/20- sent 1/21, taken 2/26

On 2/6 I got an email from broker that dvd had started ROFR process, if so they were pretty quick on taking it...

Time to start over...

Last edited:

Ashley Strathern---$106-$22941-200-AKV-Feb-0/18, 65/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 1/18, taken 2/26

As expected :( Thanks for all the help on the board. It's a great resource.

Jbrad77301---$114-$28758-231-BWV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 462/19, 231/20- sent 1/21, taken 2/26

On 2/6 I got an email from broker that dvd had started ROFR process, if so they were pretty quick on taking it...

Time to start over...

Ashley Strathern---$106-$22941-200-AKV-Feb-0/18, 65/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 1/18, taken 2/26

I’m sorry you two. That’s a long time to wait for the one sent on 1/18!!!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this. We have pretty much an identical contract sitting in ROFR right now, (same UY, same points, same offer) so I think our odds just dropped.

I'm sorry your contracts got taken Jbrad and Ashley Strathern, I feel your pain but we offered again the same day we found out. I am not afraid to keep offering a reasonable
price considering the new restrictions. Keep offering and you will eventually get one to pass. I will keep offering low they cannot buy them all...
Our guide even called us to offer BLT at $228 a point no way! and they do know when you are in ROFR if you own direct as we do. I think it is very sleazy of Disney to play
that game of course when we offer $133 a point we are not going to pay $228 a point for goodness sakes. We already have over 500 points direct and so do not need to pay
a premium at this point for extras.

I'm sorry your contracts got taken Jbrad and Ashley Strathern, I feel your pain but we offered again the same day we found out. I am not afraid to keep offering a reasonable
price considering the new restrictions. Keep offering and you will eventually get one to pass. I will keep offering low they cannot buy them all...
Our guide even called us to offer BLT at $228 a point no way! and they do know when you are in ROFR if you own direct as we do. I think it is very sleazy of Disney to play
that game of course when we offer $133 a point we are not going to pay $228 a point for goodness sakes. We already have over 500 points direct and so do not need to pay
a premium at this point for extras.
Yikes, that does seem sleazy. You got that offer completely unsolicited after you had a contract taken by Disney?

Just emailed broker again. Awaiting response..... Day 44

I would call them. No response for 2 days is simply unacceptable in my opinion. I get they may not have an answer but no answer at all is not a good business practice. At this point you are a 'hostage' and you need a negotiator. They should be able to call someone at Disney and at the very least get the 'we're working on it'...

There have been so many taken... We won't know until the end of the month, but it seems like the % is very high, or am I just only seeing the taken and do to the Jan 19th change the volume is just very high?

There have been so many taken... We won't know until the end of the month, but it seems like the % is very high, or am I just only seeing the taken and do to the Jan 19th change the volume is just very high?

I really think this is a test. "Will resale folks pay more even with restrictions?" Disney has far more data points than we do or than any single broker does. They are trying to figure out what will maximize profits. Though we've put in a few offers, I'm now considering seeing what happens over the next two months instead of negotiating bargains. DVC seems like a loose cannon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter