ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone dealt with having to make an addendum to a contract that has been submitted for ROFR? I had a contract submitted for ROFR on January 14th that Disney sent back to the broker on the 18th because one part of the contract stated the wrong use year. I had to sign an addendum amending the use year in points clause. Today I received an email saying another addendum is required. Disney sent it back again because the seller was off one digit on the contract number. Does an addendum to the contract cause the ROFR process to restart from the date the contract was amended or does it keep it's original submission date? I asked my broker about this because we bought this contract to beat the grandfathering deadline and they said they are unsure about that.

That is very frustrating. Did you sign the contract on the 14th? I would put a little pressure on the broker to find out. Frankly, if you are still within your 10 days you could consider pulling out if nobody can give you an answer. Maybe you could directly ask DVC this questions as well... Hope you can find an answer...

When we sold our contract the broker had to verify it before it was put up for sale. By verifying it the broker knew that everything contract wise was correct. Didn’t the broker do the same with the contract you are buying?

I would hope the broker does this with all the contracts that they sell. I was told it was the seller's mistake but I think it's just as likely that the person who typed the contract made the mistake.

That is very frustrating. Did you sign the contract on the 14th? I would put a little pressure on the broker to find out. Frankly, if you are still within your 10 days you could consider pulling out if nobody can give you an answer. Maybe you could directly ask DVC this questions as well... Hope you can find an answer...

I actually signed the contract on the 11th and it was submitted to Disney on the 14th. The broker said that once they get the signed addendum submitted to Disney that they would confirm with them. I also made my offer on the contract contingent upon being submitted before the January 19th deadline and being a grandfathered contract.

Last edited:
We had to sign an addendum as well after ours went to ROFR. I believe Disney just wanted it clarified which UY's were banked and current even though it was obvious. Both sides signed quickly and it didn't slow down ROFR. I can't really speak to whether or not it will affect the Jan 19 deadline but I wouldn't think that it would as the contract had in fact been received on time, it just needed correction.

We had to sign an addendum as well after ours went to ROFR. I believe Disney just wanted it clarified which UY's were banked and current even though it was obvious. Both sides signed quickly and it didn't slow down ROFR. I can't really speak to whether or not it will affect the Jan 19 deadline but I wouldn't think that it would as the contract had in fact been received on time, it just needed correction.

Hoping you are correct since this is our one shot at being grandfathered.

Does an addendum to the contract cause the ROFR process to restart from the date the contract was amended or does it keep it's original submission date? I asked my broker about this because we bought this contract to beat the grandfathering deadline and they said they are unsure about that.

You should be fine. I had a similar experience with the 4/4/16 restrictions where the husband actually passed away during the process and it had to be resubmitted to correct the grantor titling. (How do you like that: They take so long with resale that people actually die waiting for these transactions to close. :confused3) I sent an email after it closed and the transfer was completed, and received a written response that the contract was definitely received prior to that date and was "coded" as eligible for the perks. I had other eligible contracts but still wanted to clear that up in case I opted to sell the others someday.

I wanted the written response so I'd have some documentation in case there was ever an issue in the future. I suggest sending the email as well so you can have the same assurance.

wolfersfam---$140-$14000-100-PVB-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 1/19, 100/20-seller paid closing- sent 12/31, passed 1/22

That's a great one, congratulations!!
I wanted AKV or PVB, but went with AKV. If I get it, I can see purchasing resale again for PVB in the future!

wolfersfam---$140-$14000-100-PVB-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 1/19, 100/20-seller paid closing- sent 12/31, passed 1/22

Congrats! Hopefully that means I am safe as well! I have an almost identical contract/terms, but paid $156/point!

That's a great one, congratulations!!
I wanted AKV or PVB, but went with AKV. If I get it, I can see purchasing resale again for PVB in the future!

we currently have one of each (AKV and PVB) and it works SO well for our little family :) Poly is great when it's just the 3 of us but the variety of room choices and low point chart at AKV works well for trips with friends or extended family :)

I’m not sure I can refrain. Already chopping at the bit over here. But I’m trying to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter