ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
mlittig---$103-$5933-50-OKW-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 50/19, 50/20- sent 1/2, passed 1/22
Yippee, I just heard that Disney waived their Right of First Refusal for my Old Key West contract party:Best wishes to everyone still waiting pixiedust:
That was fast - congratulations!

we currently have one of each (AKV and PVB) and it works SO well for our little family :) Poly is great when it's just the 3 of us but the variety of room choices and low point chart at AKV works well for trips with friends or extended family :)
There are 3 of us as well! Glad to hear it works so well for you :)

i'm already doing my backup list since i have VGF too but at $150 only has about half of the 2019 points though so idk if that will make a difference.

Hopefully they’ll just take “my” contract and leave yours alone then. I have more than enough grandfathered points elsewhere, so I’m okay hanging onto my money. :)

z71tray---$155-$28126-170-VGF-Jun-0/17, 56/18, 165/19, 170/20- sent 12/18, taken 1/22

You're the second VGF I have seen taken in the last couple of days. That surprises me as they never seem to want VGF. I'm sorry they took this one.

You're the second VGF I have seen taken in the last couple of days. That surprises me as they never seem to want VGF. I'm sorry they took this one.

Now that they’ve jacked up the direct price for VGF, I wouldn’t doubt more will get scooped up.

Now that they’ve jacked up the direct price for VGF, I wouldn’t doubt more will get scooped up.

I was always surprised they didn't take more, as I have said so many times. Whenever I was first looking and called DVC to ask about VGF, they said they weren't selling it anymore. The guide also told me they get calls about VGF every day. We found out about the resale market, thank goodness, and went that route. A lot of people love VGF, so it always confused me as to why they didn't buy it back more. I guess with better margins, they will now.

I was always surprised they didn't take more, as I have said so many times. Whenever I was first looking and called DVC to ask about VGF, they said they weren't selling it anymore. The guide also told me they get calls about VGF every day. We found out about the resale market, thank goodness, and went that route. A lot of people love VGF, so it always confused me as to why they didn't buy it back more. I guess with better margins, they will now.

I agree!! That’s great you got in when you did! We did the same thing last year! In Nov/Dec we stayed at GF for the first time and we loved it!!! A week later I called our guide and she she said it wasn’t available direct, but we could be put on a waitlist. We didn’t want to wait, so we started looking resale. I made an offer and it was accepted 5 minutes later! I’m happy we got it at the price we did, now seeing what they’re doing to the pricing.

Out of curiosity, do you know the details of the other one that was taken?
if its the one i think the OP replied to me that they offered 150 for 150 points AUG UY but they didn't make and official post with details so that's all i know. Post is on page 9 i think its #173

Has anyone been looking at current DVC prices and see if they have changed? I haven’t priced any new contracts out. Still hoping mine goes through....

Has anyone been looking at current DVC prices and see if they have changed? I haven’t priced any new contracts out. Still hoping mine goes through....

Current resale prices? Seem to be listed a little higher at AKV and SSR, the two I’m watching.

$150 -$15000-100-BLT-Oct 100/19, 100/20- sent 1/23/19

Wish me luck. This will be our 2nd contract

First contract was direct buy at AKV
Good luck - BLT is a great resort, but nearly impossible to get in premium season without owning. Also has lower maintenance fees - you made a great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter