ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! It’s going to be crazy-once I close I’ll have 320 points available this year. Of course I will most likely have all my trips already planned out so I may end up renting out the 160 banked points and then banking the leftover and live off of that, rinse and repeat!

If you don't want to rent out those points, you can call MS to see if they can reallocate some of the points you are using for this year's trips and be able to bank some of your original points.

If you don't want to rent out those points, you can call MS to see if they can reallocate some of the points you are using for this year's trips and be able to bank some of your original points.
I don’t know if that will work for me! It’s my first DVC contract, so in February (<3 weeks!!!) I’m renting points and in May I’m using a discounted rate and staying in a normal room. I’m hoping to get another rental going thru for a NYE trip, since I’d like to stay in Crescent Lake area (BCV or BWV) for proximity to Epcot and SWGE; if that doesn’t work out I’ll probably just book at AKV using my own points!

I don’t know if that will work for me! It’s my first DVC contract, so in February (<3 weeks!!!) I’m renting points and in May I’m using a discounted rate and staying in a normal room. I’m hoping to get another rental going thru for a NYE trip, since I’d like to stay in Crescent Lake area (BCV or BWV) for proximity to Epcot and SWGE; if that doesn’t work out I’ll probably just book at AKV using my own points!

Sorry, I assumed (we know what that means) that you were a current owner using current points.

Sorry, I assumed (we know what that means) that you were a current owner using current points.
Nope! First time DVC and I squeezed in under the deadline! My first WDW trip was Sept 2017 (during the hurricane), and since then I’ve become addicted (though I was already a huge Disney fan since I live 45 min away from Disneyland). Stayed for the first time in Studio Villas last December and fell in love with them! So I decided to pull the trigger and go for it! I put in an offer on a resale when I was departing MCO!

Nope! First time DVC and I squeezed in under the deadline! My first WDW trip was Sept 2017 (during the hurricane), and since then I’ve become addicted (though I was already a huge Disney fan since I live 45 min away from Disneyland). Stayed for the first time in Studio Villas last December and fell in love with them! So I decided to pull the trigger and go for it! I put in an offer on a resale when I was departing MCO!

I am sure you will love it, as we do. We purchased in 2004 (after kicking ourselves for not purchasing during a 1993? tour) and have added on 3 times (2x direct, 1 resale). Our resale purchase in 2018 saw double points (2017 banked), which made it possible to do a week-long trip to VB in a 2 BR and 2 days at OKW in a GV. I was already points poor for 2018 after a 9 day trip in February of 2018 in a 2BR at SSR, so the additional points were a lifesaver.

Is anyone else getting nervous that they may have made too low an offer? It's so hard to know what to do with the new changes. @Lesley Wake is giving me hope though for my AKV contract at $107pp.

Is anyone else getting nervous that they may have made too low an offer? It's so hard to know what to do with the new changes. @Lesley Wake is giving me hope though for my AKV contract at $107pp.

I think the worry monster is running rampant right now. I know how impatient I am and I can't stop reading this thread. I just can't look away. Hoping the majority of us will have good news to share.

We are. We've got two offers out there. We're assuming that the 300pt contract will be snagged by Disney as it's priced low. Our 200 pt offer is higher and we're hoping that this one passes. Should be we double lucky then that's fine. It means more trips :) But it's the waiting game that's hard.

We are. We've got two offers out there. We're assuming that the 300pt contract will be snagged by Disney as it's priced low. Our 200 pt offer is higher and we're hoping that this one passes. Should be we double lucky then that's fine. It means more trips :) But it's the waiting game that's hard.

May I ask, how can you have two offers? Are they with the same company? How long do you have to cancel if you don’t want to go through with it? What happens if they both pass? Thanks!

I certainly am stressed about ROFR. I remember the good old days when ROFR was rarely exercised, but it is quite surprising, and concerning, to see how many times Disney used it in December, when they are supposed to have less cash on hand.

So I’m on Day 30. Help, how many have waited longer than 30 days and what was your outcome? Thanks

So I’m on Day 30. Help, how many have waited longer than 30 days and what was your outcome? Thanks

Mine went 31...taken, but have a better contract for us in ROFR now. Good luck! I know it can get really frustrating at this point.

belleincanada---$120-$21078-170-BWV-Dec-42/17, 7/18, 170/19, 170/20- sent 12/17

We're on Day 30. First time attempting to get DVC. I feel like it's going to get taken. But I'm also trying to keep expectations low so that if we do get it, it's a pleasant surprise.

Welp. It's official. Disney took it back. Not surprised. But still mildly sad about it. :(

belleincanada---$120-$21078-170-BWV-Dec-42/17, 7/18, 170/19, 170/20- sent 12/17 - taken 1/17

We're working on another offer now.

Welp. It's official. Disney took it back. Not surprised. But still mildly sad about it. :(

belleincanada---$120-$21078-170-BWV-Dec-42/17, 7/18, 170/19, 170/20- sent 12/17 - taken 1/17

We need another option besides like with some of these posts :confused3 I'm sorry your first try was taken :( but good luck with the next one :thumbsup2 Is that one going to be at the Boardwalk also pixiedust:

Sorry. Glad you are diving back in. Good luck on the next one.

How do you guys go about dealing with offers through Fidelity? I put one in through their site and I'm pretty sure it'll probably be gone by the time they see my request. It was for a low point, low cost OKW. Not a chance in Hades it will make it through ROFL but maybe it'd slip through the cracks.

Edit: SOLD! And not to me. The agent did say it was "too late" to get one through before the deadline so I'm not sure if that is a Fidelity thing or what. I was just entertaining the idea of a small add-on so no big disappointment here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter