ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have a good chance, unless since the direct price increase to $220 that they are going to start ROFR more at VGF, but we haven't seen that so far. It's only been a few days since the increase though.
Right. I was trying so hard to find a contract before the price increase. But it just didn't work out that way. I even wanted to up our offer. But, I guess if it's meant to be it's meant to be.

Now I feel so "lower class" (see thread on "DVC snobs") for only having enough points to make my kids sleep on the sofa bed in a 1BR... :p
Don’t feel lower class. I should have said we would do a 1BR in situations where there is a large enough laundry room or closet to put a baby in a pack n play in there. In fact, before our last September trip got cancelled because of Irma, we had a 1 BR at CCV because the bathroom was split into 2 room with the tub having it’s own room and the toilet and shower in the other one. The baby was going to sleep in the bathroom. That is hardly high class. My husband thought I was crazy that my plan was put the baby in the bathroom, so we sprang for the 2BR for our may trip.

I look forward to the days when my two are old enough they can sleep together and I no longer worry about making sure the baby stays a good sleeper. My vacation budget will significantly decrease. Although I’m pretty sure we will never be studio people.

Now I feel so "lower class" (see thread on "DVC snobs") for only having enough points to make my kids sleep on the sofa bed in a 1BR... :p
Oh and my 4 year actually prefers a sofa bed to a real bed. She actually gets upset when she doesn’t have a “magic bed.”

Don’t feel lower class. I should have said we would do a 1BR in situations where there is a large enough laundry room or closet to put a baby in a pack n play in there. In fact, before our last September trip got cancelled because of Irma, we had a 1 BR at CCV because the bathroom was split into 2 room with the tub having it’s own room and the toilet and shower in the other one. The baby was going to sleep in the bathroom. That is hardly high class. My husband thought I was crazy that my plan was put the baby in the bathroom, so we sprang for the 2BR for our may trip.

I look forward to the days when my two are old enough they can sleep together and I no longer worry about making sure the baby stays a good sleeper. My vacation budget will significantly decrease. Although I’m pretty sure we will never be studio people.

We kept our 1 year old in the closet of the master bedroom in a 2 bedroom suite in a pack-n-play at VGF. The closet was huge!

I bet the closet in the 1 bedroom master is just as big.

We kept our 1 year old in the closet of the master bedroom in a 2 bedroom suite in a pack-n-play at VGF. The closet was huge!

This is good info! I don’t have enough points for a 2BR at VGF but good to know we might be able to put the crib in a closet because I will have enough points for a 1BR. So VGF is back in play! That is of course if it’s available at 7 Months...

Don’t feel lower class. I should have said we would do a 1BR in situations where there is a large enough laundry room or closet to put a baby in a pack n play in there. In fact, before our last September trip got cancelled because of Irma, we had a 1 BR at CCV because the bathroom was split into 2 room with the tub having it’s own room and the toilet and shower in the other one. The baby was going to sleep in the bathroom.

We put the pack and play in the closet in the 2br at VGF with my in-laws. Its ENORMOUS!
#okayestmom!

Mia Kylie and Co---$134-$27436-200-VGF-Aug-0/17, 63/18, 200/19- sent 2/1

This will be our FIRST DVC contract! We really really hope this all goes through. We actually had a contract fall through back in early August. (Didn't even get to the point of having the contract sent to Disney.) But, if this one passes we will have double the points of what had fallen through. While we were super bummed that we didn't become owners last summer, it seems that it may have all worked out for the better. (That is, if this passes... crossing all our fingers and toes.) I'm pretty new to this, but it sounds like during the time it took me to find a new contract I must have come down with a case of addonitis before actually ever owning. :smooth: Thanks for this awesome thread!

SWEET!!! Great price! I think you will be ok. We recently closed with an Aug UY at $135pp and ours at least had full 2018 points. We are still in the Aug 2017 UY right now, so considering your contract has no 2017 points and limited 2018 points, I think you will be FINE! I also have (yet more) addonitis because I feel like 200 points at VGF just isn't enough... LOL.

Right. I was trying so hard to find a contract before the price increase. But it just didn't work out that way. I even wanted to up our offer. But, I guess if it's meant to be it's meant to be.

I'm a firm believer in real estate karma - all of the real estate we've bought in the past - our primary home(s) over the years, vacation home, and DVC, the offer/acceptance process has been nice and smooth even if we've had failed offers on other things. We've always ended up with something that was the best fit and best deal for us, even if we didn't know it at the time. :)

In the studio at VGF, we put the baby in a crib in the hallway (near the connecting door) while the rest of us slept in the room itself. In other condos, etc, we have put the crib in a closet or around the corner ... Now, our 2yo always wants to sleep with her big sister, but she fidgets a lot and keeps everyone up. Ultimately we plan to get the girls a double bed in their room, but I'm hesitant to let the baby out of the crib and into a real bed until she sleeps through the night reliably (she has rarely done that, nowadays she wakes herself up peeing in her diaper in the middle of the night). I think she's going to be in a crib for our upcoming trip, but not sure what we will do after that...

SWEET!!! Great price! I think you will be ok. We recently closed with an Aug UY at $135pp and ours at least had full 2018 points. We are still in the Aug 2017 UY right now, so considering your contract has no 2017 points and limited 2018 points, I think you will be FINE! I also have (yet more) addonitis because I feel like 200 points at VGF just isn't enough... LOL.

I'm a firm believer in real estate karma - all of the real estate we've bought in the past - our primary home(s) over the years, vacation home, and DVC, the offer/acceptance process has been nice and smooth even if we've had failed offers on other things. We've always ended up with something that was the best fit and best deal for us, even if we didn't know it at the time. :)

In the studio at VGF, we put the baby in a crib in the hallway (near the connecting door) while the rest of us slept in the room itself. In other condos, etc, we have put the crib in a closet or around the corner ... Now, our 2yo always wants to sleep with her big sister, but she fidgets a lot and keeps everyone up. Ultimately we plan to get the girls a double bed in their room, but I'm hesitant to let the baby out of the crib and into a real bed until she sleeps through the night reliably (she has rarely done that, nowadays she wakes herself up peeing in her diaper in the middle of the night). I think she's going to be in a crib for our upcoming trip, but not sure what we will do after that...

Thanks for the boost kboo! And you are so right. At the time I felt like we missed out on the perfect contract. But the extra time to research and think things through make me feel much better about where things could be going now. :yay:

Mia Kylie and Co---$134-$27436-200-VGF-Aug-0/17, 63/18, 200/19- sent 2/1

This will be our FIRST DVC contract! We really really hope this all goes through. We actually had a contract fall through back in early August. (Didn't even get to the point of having the contract sent to Disney.) But, if this one passes we will have double the points of what had fallen through. While we were super bummed that we didn't become owners last summer, it seems that it may have all worked out for the better. (That is, if this passes... crossing all our fingers and toes.) I'm pretty new to this, but it sounds like during the time it took me to find a new contract I must have come down with a case of addonitis before actually ever owning. :smooth: Thanks for this awesome thread!

Awesome contract and price! Fx for you!

We had our youngest in the pack n play in the closet in a 2bd at VGF because he’s such a light sleeper that he can’t tolerate being in the room with anyone else. We put his little sound machine in there and it made a nice room.

Thanks! This wait is going to be a struggle for me. lol

Im in the home stretch (waiting for my account to be created by Disney) and this has by far been the hardest part for me. We've been closed for 2 weeks and i still cant access the account!!! i was expecting the wait for everything else so it was ok but i wasn't prepared for how hard the final lap would be.
Hang in there. fingers crossed!

Im in the home stretch (waiting for my account to be created by Disney) and this has by far been the hardest part for me. We've been closed for 2 weeks and i still cant access the account!!! i was expecting the wait for everything else so it was ok but i wasn't prepared for how hard the final lap would be.
Hang in there. fingers crossed!

Thank you .landry! Oh man. That makes sense. I haven't even thought about the wait after ROFR. (I guess... trying to not get my hopes up and taking it one step at a time) Hope you get into that account soon!

Thank you .landry! Oh man. That makes sense. I haven't even thought about the wait after ROFR. (I guess... trying to not get my hopes up and taking it one step at a time) Hope you get into that account soon!

I'm not even using my new points any time soon, and I have been watching for them to show up in my account every day... before that was waiting for the deed to be recorded, etc.

GoUgaDawgs---$131-$23555-175-PVB-Apr-0/17, 15/18, 175/19- sent 12/18, passed 1/5

Our first contract... everything is closed, just waiting on official documents for disney! I think we will probably add 25 points direct..... although the new PVB price does make me cringe.

GoUgaDawgs---$131-$23555-175-PVB-Apr-0/17, 15/18, 175/19- sent 12/18, passed 1/5

Our first contract... everything is closed, just waiting on official documents for disney! I think we will probably add 25 points direct..... although the new PVB price does make me cringe.

Hopefully we'll be Poly neighbors soon! I'm just waiting for the sellers to sign the contract so we can go to ROFR. I'm also planning on adding 25pts direct at PVB and am cringing at the new price... I tried to get it before the price increase but couldn't.

I'm not even using my new points any time soon, and I have been watching for them to show up in my account every day... before that was waiting for the deed to be recorded, etc.
I see. So you already are a DVC member then? I’ve heard that since I’m new it could take even longer to have my account created. We already have a trip booked for late Nov/early Dec. But I’d love to be able to use some of our points for a day or two of that trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter