ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain the reasoning to this? I keep going back and forth on various UY but it's hard because there are 3 different months we like to travel.
The biggest issue with use year is your last day to bank that year’s worth of points is 4 months before your month. So like for me my use year is August and my last day to make my 2022 points is March 31. I can still use my 2022 points up til end of July but if I need to cancel, I will need to use them or lose them by August 1. So to make your life easier, choose a uy where most of your travel falls during that banking period. One other issue I found with uy is some have more resale contracts out. Like Dec June, and Feb seem to have ton of awesome deals. Something to think about if you plan to add on more resale later.

I was thrilled to get a contract for $104 at SSR until a week later I saw them rolling in in the $90's. Your post hit home with me.
I feel this way every time I see something even $1 below what I paid lol. But I’m never upset, I just love getting a deal. The realist in me however knows, on a small contract which is all I can really afford, the difference in the total cost of something at $104 pp to something sold at 90-95 pp is really one a couple hundred bucks. It’s definitely felt more on contracts on larger contracts but maybe “some” people dropping 30K plus and paying cashing might not be as worried about a couple thousand here or there because it’s such a significant savings over buying direct. Others of course want the best deal anytime possible.
Some of us just like the thrill of the hunt! Honestly I would gladly shop and negotiate for others if I had more time.
This is me. My first contract was like this and ROFR was hot and there so many AKV deals passing for $40 pp less than my PVB contract. More points for my same budget. I kinda kicked myself for “buying where I wanted to stay” at the time, I still have never stayed at PVB 4 years later.

Chia1974---$90.68-$17450-170-BWV-Apr-62/22, 195/23, 170/24-Seller pays adminfee- sent 2/23, passes 3/3

8 days

Edited send date
This deal is awesome. I was trying for $110 pp BWV and some people said no way was possible at $110. This deal is 🔥🔥🔥. Congratulations!!!

It's impressive they responded at all! I haven't been gutsy enough to go that far below asking, but I did just offer $40 below on a contract and waiting to see if the seller responds. Good for you for being bold! Worst they can say is no...or not respond at all.
It's been sitting there for over 6 months so at that stage I thought any offer welcome

For those purchasing first contracts is there a UY that is more advantageous or is it simply lining up when points are added vs when you prefer to travel?
If you know there are months that you definitely will not travel then purchase toward the end of that time frame. Example: June, July and August then buy September.
If you have not used your points for the use year, you need to bank them 120 days in advance before September 1. So bank by April 31. If you don't bank them then they will expire come September if you did not use them.

Last edited:

I am surprised that Mason is the title company. I didn't think they did AUL (Hawaii) contracts. Anyway, Congratulations!!!
I just passed ROFR and had Mason in my offer. Broker told me they do not do Aulani so I'd double check that. Our previous contract we had Cammy and it was lightning fast.

We are in the process of adding our fourth resale contract. I use this thread to get general trends with Disney’s ROFR; not necessarily looking at getting a better deal than other people. For us, it’s more about getting a fair deal and what works in our budget/needs.
This is exactly what I do. Tracking the best prices passing here lets me know where to start offering. Does it suck when you find out you could get a lower price? Yeah. But maybe you couldn't have. Maybe the sellers you were offering wouldn't have come down that low. This thread is great at marking the trends though, and that's what we need I think.

Poly was the only way we’d do DVC but never thought we’d join after getting pricing from our guide. Then after tracking resale prices the last few months we finally made the jump.
That's a fantastic price, don't think I've ever seen it that low. When I got a contract at $140pp in April 2020 I didn't think I'd ever see lower. Congrats and welcome home neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter