ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a PSA: Read your contracts before signing! Mine included an indemnification on the points for the broker but no explicit right to cancel nor set rental fee for the buyer. Broker happily added an addendum.

For those less experienced, with buying/selling it might be helpful to know that existing points can be tricky. Don't assume your broker or title company is checking that your contract actually has the existing points they say. I asked for a point summary printout when signing and requested another before closing. Even then the seller CAN transfer them accidentally or intentionally after you actually close but before Disney moves the contract to your name. I've never personally had an issues but it is possible so all you can do is be aware and take precautions where possible.
Do you ask for this addendum before contracts are printed/sent to ROFR? Just wondering from a timing standpoint when this would be done.
As in.....buyer offers, seller counters, buyer accepts the counter offer.....ask for the point summary NOW and that there be language in the contract regarding the points before any paperwork is drawn up?

Last edited:

$93 is great - Im in ROFR for about 2 weeks now with a $95 fully loaded Aug use year 171 pt contract.

All the newer listings that have come on since then are priced so much higher than what everything was 2 weeks ago so really curious - maybe market is starting to stabilize?
Well, the $93 is a partially stripped contract. Couldn't get any loaded ones to bite for less than $100 so I lowered my standards since we don't actually need points until next year having just returned from a trip 2 weeks ago. LOL

All these crazy deals out though, it's so hard to not second guess yourself!

Hi all, need to make my payment tonight! Just checking that people have used Magic Vacation Title (bought through Dvc resale market) and they are legit? 😄
Yes, the are fine. Just like the other poster noted they can be a little slow, but they will get the job done. We just signed another contract with DVC Resale Market and I considered insisting on Mason this time, but decided it wasn't worth effort.

Do you ask for this addendum before contracts are printed/sent to ROFR? Just wondering from a timing standpoint when this would be done.
As in.....buyer offers, seller counters, buyer accepts the counter offer.....ask for the point summary NOW and that there be language in the contract regarding the points before any paperwork is drawn up?
I believe - the point summary should be in the contract you receive from the broker - as well as what you and the seller agreed/negotiated upon for who pays closing costs, what escrow/title you use, and if who will pay what year's dues etc. - since that will be what defines the agreement between you and the seller.

If you want to know what is in the brokers "standard" contract (they Do differ) - for example about cancellations, extra fees to broker, or what to do if Seller is wrong about the number of points left in a given year etc. - maybe ask for a copy of a standard contract upfront? Until you both sign the contract, there is no binding agreement. But if you need to negotiate something, it's better to know what's on the brokers contract ahead of time, so you don't delay forms while they make changes, irritating the Seller or delaying getting it to ROFR. Don't worry too much about irritating the Broker, we irritate them by being alive lol.

I believe - the point summary should be in the contract you receive from the broker - as well as what you and the seller agreed/negotiated upon for who pays closing costs, what escrow/title you use, and if who will pay what year's dues etc. - since that will be what defines the agreement between you and the seller.

If you want to know what is in the brokers "standard" contract (they Do differ) - for example about cancellations, extra fees to broker, or what to do if Seller is wrong about the number of points left in a given year etc. - maybe ask for a copy of a standard contract upfront? Until you both sign the contract, there is no binding agreement. But if you need to negotiate something, it's better to know what's on the brokers contract ahead of time, so you don't delay forms while they make changes, irritating the Seller or delaying getting it to ROFR. Don't worry too much about irritating the Broker, we irritate them by being alive lol.
This is helpful. The only contract experience we have is when we bought our house, so I've been snooping through here thoroughly, trying to figure out what all of the parts are ahead of time. And then someone posts in here about adding language around what happens if there are missing points into the contract, and then today there's a post from someone that this happened to. I very much like to know what's going to happen before it happens, and if it's something would need to request before being sent a contract so that things don't get slowed down.

NICE!! Congrats! Definitely rethinking my SAP strategy.
Thanks! I wonder if in 2 months I’ll be saying man, I should have waited to someone that says they got VGF for $120. But I haven’t seen many small contracts and a lot of the bigger ones are still selling/listed high. I think I just got really lucky on this one at least for right now.

This is helpful. The only contract experience we have is when we bought our house, so I've been snooping through here thoroughly, trying to figure out what all of the parts are ahead of time. And then someone posts in here about adding language around what happens if there are missing points into the contract, and then today there's a post from someone that this happened to. I very much like to know what's going to happen before it happens, and if it's something would need to request before being sent a contract so that things don't get slowed down.
Definitely check your contract for that. Our first resale contract with Fidelity had it. Our 2nd with Resales DVC, which we just sent to ROFR did not. I noticed when they sent it for us to sign and asked the broker to add an addendum covering missing points. They were happy to do so and did it quickly, in fact putting in a more stringent penalty than I asked for - which leads me to believe they had such an addendum already ready to go. Annoying that they didn't just include it but whatever. It's on me to protect me. I read every word of that contract (unlike my husband who clicks from signature box to signature box LOL).

Yes, the are fine. Just like the other poster noted they can be a little slow, but they will get the job done. We just signed another contract with DVC Resale Market and I considered insisting on Mason this time, but decided it wasn't worth effort.
Thank you! It’s really unnerving paying all that money to someone you haven’t used before!

Definitely check your contract for that. Our first resale contract with Fidelity had it. Our 2nd with Resales DVC, which we just sent to ROFR did not. I noticed when they sent it for us to sign and asked the broker to add an addendum covering missing points. They were happy to do so and did it quickly, in fact putting in a more stringent penalty than I asked for - which leads me to believe they had such an addendum already ready to go. Annoying that they didn't just include it but whatever. It's on me to protect me. I read every word of that contract (unlike my husband who clicks from signature box to signature box LOL).
I kicked myself on my latest contract because I didn't look until after I had signed. It only had $15 a point for missing points. I would have required $20 if I saw/remembered it. Right now biggest thing is the seller actually signing the paperwork. Day 5 and still not signed. We have signed, but not paying until everything is complete.

I am a one and done with Redweek. They had a CCV listed for $130. I did button based offers twice, and emailed them twice (without a nonautomated reply). I find out today it’s sold with no explanation. Three days of black hole, nope!

Smudge1100---$103-$17441-150-SSR-Feb-0/22, 149/23, 150/24- sent 1/26
Smudge1100---$103-$17441-150-SSR-Feb-0/22, 149/23, 150/24- sent 1/26, passed 2/22

Passed ROFR on the second one 🎉

Thanks so much guys, this thread has been priceless! Two weeks today we fly across the pond to get our Disney fix, can’t wait to start planning our first DVC trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter