• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Had to submit points activity summary twice with them. Not sure why all brokers do not do this.

All the ones I have dealt with do. In the case being discussed, the person was elderly and submitted paperwork. To me, it sounds like maybe she sent a copy of the wrong contract to them, one hat had been sold by mistake.

We need the points, so I wasn’t able to get what I wanted, but it’s a decent price at least. Emailed the broker yesterday to ask if he thought it would be worth it—he called and they didn’t even negotiate. Hoping we pass quickly!

maryrachel713---$90-$15814-150-AUL-Mar-0/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 2/16
I looked at this one and considered making an offer. I'm holding out for the $80-85pp range though. Maybe I'm crazy...

I'm wondering if we know what Due Diligence the Brokers are ACTUALLY doing for their Admin Fees and Commissions?
I don’t get the sense they do very much other than list the contract and facilitate offers.

I know DVC Resale Market DID ask me for proof when I listed through them but not sure about others.

In 3 to 4 months you will feel like you overpaid.
To be honest, I worried I overpaid the next day after the $130 pp BLT was accepted.
badeacon---$92-$15871-150-BRV@WL-Jun-0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/27, passed 2/16

Have not heard from Fidelity.com but received and have returned closing documents from Mason(Cammie)
I am surprised, we passed 4 days ago and still haven't received an email or docs from Mason/Cammie
If the Whole Goal was to save money, you would either not go to Disney, or simply stay in a less expensive, non-Disney hotel. If your Goal is to go and enjoy Disney, and do it from a DVC onsite Resort - knowing you'll be able to do that for years to come, there is value in getting it Closed, and your vacation Booked. As they say - don't look back, you're not goin' that way ... ;)

(P.S. we all look - 'cause somebody somewhere got a better deal - we just try to remember the long term goal)
Nope, long term, long schwerm. I want the best deal, lol. My Aulani I think still holds up($70 PP), BLT so far for this round is the best to me(mine was fully loaded, no admin fee and right use year). Our direct OKWE 75 point was the best because the price($155pp) and minimum number of points went up right after we bought. I know I am going to lose out on BLT though. Someone is going to get a $115 or $120 fully loaded in this next month and then I am going to :furious:.
armstrongwillf---$100-$19,690-175-AKV-Oct-175/22, 350/23, 175/24- sent 2/16
I love this one, well done!!!! For that price I almost would have considered it, even though the OCT use year is the one I was trying to stay away from(I have Feb use year 3 contracts and one OCT)
It pains me to see these amazing prices 😭
Me too and I just passed ROFR this week. It hurts me not to buy my backup $92 fully banked SSR contract I had negotiated. It really killed me not to grab some of the $90 Feb OKWE that were available a week ago.
The problem is that no matter how many points I buy, I always need more points…
I am hoping between not having AP's and having 4 contracts (625 points) we finally have enough for us and to rent to a friend or two. I bought this extra contract just to rent to one friend who has rented from us 4 times already this past year.

Last edited:
I looked at this one and considered making an offer. I'm holding out for the $80-85pp range though. Maybe I'm crazy...
I haven't seen sub 90 but I wouldn't have gone higher than that unless it was loaded.
Obviously yesterday afternoon there was a new listing WITH some banked points (not full). So now I'm mad I wasn't patient enough.

How do offers on Fidelity work? Do you just offer one single sum and that includes everything? Any help would be great. Thanks

I dont think your crazy.. my wife and I are in the market fir our first dvc contract. I think with the uncertainty of the economy right now, it's very possible you'll see those prices or even lower over the next year.
We are going to keep our eye on the market and be patient. Our goal contract would be around 200 pts for $80/pt at akv. I think it is very possible, after seeing akv contracts already passing rofr at $100/pt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter