ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tracking SSR for an August use year. I want to buy 100 to 125 points. There have been the same 7 listings for about a week. These 7 have been listed for 26 days all the way up to 13 months.

PP on all are $125 or above.

Other use years have listings for $97 to $105.

In those circumstances does buying a different use year make sense?

I am going to start tracking BLT again same points and August use year. I am willing to pay a premium for BLT. Just not a $50 per point premium.

Luckily I can wait and don’t have to purchase immediately.

Last edited:
I am tracking SSR for an August use year. I want to buy 100 to 125 points. There have been the same 7 listings for about a week. These 7 have been listed for 26 days all the way up to 13 months.

I am going to start tracking BLT again same points and August use year. I am willing to pay a premium for BLT. Just not a $50 per point premium.

I would wait it out and get the same use year - the value of having the points on the same membership makes the process much easier at 7 months if you want to combine.

I had the same use year requirement as you and was looking to buy SSR - ended up settling for a bit more points at 170. I offered on every contract between 100-150 and everybody said no or countered at $2-3 below listing. I eventually got a contract on Fidelity about 2 hours after it was listed and offered $95/pt. Fully loaded SSR and banked points from 21 into 22, 22 banked into 23, August use year and my offer was accepted immediately. We are in ROFR now since 2/15 so hopefully hearing soon :)

If you keep tracking, you will eventually get the one you want.

Have you put in any bids on these ones? You never know what the sellers will respond with.

Have you put in any bids on these ones? You never know what the sellers will respond with.
I have not. I am waiting for a check from my employer. I recently retired and had accrued vacation time. I received one payment but the second payment should be coming soon.
I would wait it out and get the same use year - the value of having the points on the same membership makes the process much easier at 7 months if you want to combine.

I had the same use year requirement as you and was looking to buy SSR - ended up settling for a bit more points at 170. I offered on every contract between 100-150 and everybody said no or countered at $2-3 below listing. I eventually got a contract on Fidelity about 2 hours after it was listed and offered $95/pt. Fully loaded SSR and banked points from 21 into 22, 22 banked into 23, August use year and my offer was accepted immediately. We are in ROFR now since 2/15 so hopefully hearing soon :)

If you keep tracking, you will eventually get the one you want.
I think you are correct. I really do not need the additional points until August of 2025.

We plan on taking a week every year and I have enough for August 23 use year based on my resale contract. I will have enough for August 2024 because I can borrow from August 25. The points we purchase would need to cover a trip after August 2025.

So here's a question for the more experienced:

Made an offer last week on a contract through Fidelity, and was responded to by the listing agent. The next day a different agent responded as the first agent was 'out of the office.' Came to an agreement with the owners on an offer and received contracts, etc in less than an hour. Then we needed them to be adjusted for us to put a larger amount on our card for the deposit (gotta earn those points!) so we received new contracts and a NEW authorization form for the deposit. That took another day. At this point everyone (buyers and sellers) has signed the contract.
But.
The language on the deposit authorization form contradicts itself "charge my credit card or bank account indicated below for $5,000.00 (NOT TO EXCEED $2,500.00 USD)" which is a leftover amount from the first form where the deposit was $1000. So we emailed the agent we had been dealing with back about this Friday morning. Does this need addressed/changed before we complete this form? And this morning I also emailed the contracts/forms person. And I still haven't gotten a response.

Do I email again? Do I call tomorrow? Which agent do I use...the original listing agent or the 2nd one that has done all of the work at this point? The forms/contract person? The title company? I'm kind of annoyed at this point. I'd like to get this to ROFR, and was hoping that would happen today.
And now it is Wednesday and NO ONE has emailed me back yet. We did complete the authorization form for Mason to put the deposit on the cc yesterday morning before 8am via secure sign since others had said that their contracts had said the same thing and they had no issues. There is still no charge for the deposit showing. Everyone has signed the contract (and had by Saturday.)

We have had 0 emails since Friday morning (it's now Wednesday afternoon) and those were just revised forms to adjust the deposit amount. So offer made 2/22, accepted (sort of, but had a seller issue) and then re-negotiated) on 2/23. Forms returned by everyone on 2/25. ZERO communication since 2/24. I really want my points before the 7mo window hits (May), and the longer this drags out, the more nervous about that I become. I'm trying really hard to be patient but I'm honestly surprised at how slowly this part is going, ESPECIALLY when I look through the closing thread and seeing people signing contracts, and it being sent for ROFR same day.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link directly to a listing here, but theres an 125pt Aug BLT contract on Fidelity fully loaded for $160/pt. It's been on there for a while now. If it wasn't for the fact I don't need that many more points, I would've put in an offer already. Honestly, it's been tempting me even though I definitely do not need another 125pts

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link directly to a listing here, but theres an 125pt Aug BLT contract on Fidelity fully loaded for $160/pt. It's been on there for a while now. If it wasn't for the fact I don't need that many more points, I would've put in an offer already. Honestly, it's been tempting me even though I definitely do not need another 125pts
Thanks

Was this one of the ones on Fidelity? I think I saw it along with 2 others?! If so, nice job getting the price down even more!!
Yes it was one of the three. I was surprised they didn't counter offer, but i wasn't planning on budging anyway, so it all worked out.

Well, that was weird. We passed ROFR on Monday but didn't hear until today. I emailed my title agent asking a question around some documents and she replied back that we had passed a few days ago. Thank you Amy from F. Am for the great news :)

Now for the harder part of the waiting process :)

naman1221---$95-$18345-171-SSR-Aug-91/21, 171/22, 171/23, 171/24- sent 2/10, passed 2/27

Well, that was weird. We passed ROFR on Monday but didn't hear until today. I emailed my title agent asking a question around some documents and she replied back that we had passed a few days ago. Thank you Amy from F. Am for the great news :)

Now for the harder part of the waiting process :)

naman1221---$95-$18345-171-SSR-Aug-91/21, 171/22, 171/23, 171/24- sent 2/10, passed 2/27
That is odd that they would wait 3 days to tell you. Is this through Fidelity? i am waiting on ROFR through Fidelity but dealing with Mason Title.

Are you looking at multiple brokers? SSR was what I was hunting 2 weeks ago and I remember there being a ton of August which annoyed me because I was looking for December. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter