ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakesideturtle---$114-$38980-310-OKW-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 620/22, 310/23- sent 3/11

Got the format right. Did not realize there was the form that generated the info. International seller.
Good price and you'll probably get it since it's an international seller.

I made an offer on a Fid listing. No email. The broker called me back 3 days later to confirm offer and then never called me back. I decided the I wasn't going to pursue further because I lacked any confidence that the sale would have gone timely or smoothly.
I have one in ROFR and just got an update email from Evy Niedzwiecki. It was to let me know that they are also waiting for the decision. I'd try with fidelity next time by calling and asking for a different rep than you got. I've called to bid for the contract that I currently am waiting on. She called the seller right then and we worked out a deal in about 10 minutes. Totally happy. My second time with Fidelity. I've purchased from 6 companies, and am grateful to say I have zero complaints, looking back. At the time, I might have been too anxious and let non-issues become my issue. Hindsight: everyone was fine.

I have one in ROFR and just got an update email from Evy Niedzwiecki. It was to let me know that they are also waiting for the decision. I'd try with fidelity next time by calling and asking for a different rep than you got. I've called to bid for the contract that I currently am waiting on. She called the seller right then and we worked out a deal in about 10 minutes. Totally happy. My second time with Fidelity. I've purchased from 6 companies, and am grateful to say I have zero complaints, looking back. At the time, I might have been too anxious and let non-issues become my issue. Hindsight: everyone was fine.
I got the same email forwarded from my hubby since they made his email the main communication one. I thought it was the decision at first and that it was bad news since it came so quickly. It was just the we are still waiting email, I bought with them last year and never got a status update email. Happy we are still playing the ROFR waiting game instead of being bought back by Disney.

I am glad you had a good experience. Thank you for the suggestion. Its always better to have a good point of contact. I am resale company agnostic so happy to go with whoever offers the best contract that I can get for fair market value.

:sad::sad::sad: Welp, I'm really disappointed...especially since it took so long to hear. So...now to decide if I try again or just purchase VGF2....

MommyMikeAmouseki---$140-$21863-140-SSR-Apr-0/20, 0/21, 280/22, 140/23- sent 2/15 taken 3/17

There are definitely some good SSR deals out there. That said, I just bought some VGF and am selling an SSR so who am I to talk!!

Last edited:

With so many SSR contracts on the resale market right now, I wonder why DVC continues to buy them back as high as $140? Perhaps a SSR fire sale is coming?

To clarify, they can’t just add points…they must have them in stock.

When they take a contract is is dissolved and all current points go back in the bucket. There is no longer that contract.

When they sell, they use all the points now owned to create new contracts to sell.

But if they buy a contract that has no 2021 or 2022 points, then when the contract is dissolved, no 2021 or 2022 points can be added to the big pot of points.

That is why when buying direct at a sold out resorts it’s not always a guarantee they have the points you need for your UY in stock.
This is new information for me, thanks.

So now I am wondering if loaded contracts are in danger of being taken more than a stripped contract. My BL was just taken and had full points for 2021. It might be better if I look for a contract with only points for this year and next. Maybe I will have more success.

So now I am wondering if loaded contracts are in danger of being taken more than a stripped contract. My BL was just taken and had full points for 2021. It might be better if I look for a contract with only points for this year and next. Maybe I will have more success.
You will not have more success. They do not weigh one over the other.

They have no set rules on how or why they take one. Of price too low is almost guarantee getting taken but not 100% either.

IMO, trying to find a pattern is useless. The only thing we know for sure is that if you are paying more than what seems to be the floor for ROFR your chances are higher than if you are below.

My buyer is paying $120/point for SSR. . That is below what is being taken so I think they have a higher chance of losing it…but who knows as sometimes things pass.

So, as long as you are comfortable with the resale buying process, and willing to wait it out if things get taken, go for what you want to pay and hope for the best!

CDKG---$144-$23,516-150-BWV-Feb-0/21, 150/22, 150/23- sent 2/6, taken 2/23

CDKG---$149-$24,181-150-BWV-Feb-0/21, 158/22, 150/23- sent 2/25

I received an email from my broker on 3/17 stating they were still waiting to hear back from Disney. I am hoping no news is good news since I received my first rejection so quickly. Hopefully this will be the week!

Update on why ours is taking so long in ROFR (sent Feb 1). I reached out to pur rep asking if they had any info and said no. About 30 minutes later, my wife recieved an email saying either DIS or our title company messed up and didnt have all the fields unlocked for my wife to docusign. She signed and returned. This was a few weeks ago. This week, they responded back saying they apologized for not seeing this and are giving us a credit towards everything if it passes. If it gets ROFR'ed we can use that credit on our next try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter