ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorana---$143-$15624-100-AKV-Sep-200/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 12/26, passed 1/13

Woohoo!! I mean, my bank account isn't cheering right now, but having stayed in an AKV Grand Villa, we definitely want to do that more often. And now I really need to stop for a time, as I'm dipping into savings I didn't initially intend to use for DVC. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM; I CAN QUIT ADDING ON ANY TIME. ;-)

Lorana---$143-$15624-100-AKV-Sep-200/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 12/26, passed 1/13

Woohoo!! I mean, my bank account isn't cheering right now, but having stayed in an AKV Grand Villa, we definitely want to do that more often. And now I really need to stop for a time, as I'm dipping into savings I didn't initially intend to use for DVC. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM; I CAN QUIT ADDING ON ANY TIME. ;-)

Congrats!

Was closely watching yours. I’m at $142/point and was sent on 12/29.

Finally some word on a passed ROFR. I've got one submitted on 12/30, so now I can actually get a feel for when I might hear. 18 days isn't bad. Looks like all the holiday rigmarole has cleared out.

Step 1: Admit you are powerless over DVC—that your life has become unmanageable.

Semi-stripped though. Only 27 points available in 5 months, and full 100 in June of 2023. At current borrowing, you’d get 77 points at best to use in the next 17 months.

Not saying that’s a bad thing, and may be perfect for Cubbiefan’s needs. Just saying that may explain the price PP.
Yes, I don't necessarily need the points right now. Hoping the semi-stripped contract will help it pass ROFR.

On a less happy resale note .... I was working with some "experts" in DVC sales (removed info) and I cancelled after the Sellers ghosted the escrow officer. I was fine losing my deposit vs dealing with Sellers I found iffy - after getting thru ROFR and then having the Sellers not complete their paperwork was, frankly, crazy-making. Sellers have not signed the Cancellation but their contract is Already showing available on that website as for sale again! Not sure if that is even ethical/legal ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you should block this thread, it's a bad influence

On a less happy resale note .... I was working with some "experts" in DVC sales (removed info) and I cancelled after the Sellers ghosted the escrow officer. I was fine losing my deposit vs dealing with Sellers I found iffy - after getting thru ROFR and then having the Sellers not complete their paperwork was, frankly, crazy-making. Sellers have not signed the Cancellation but their contract is Already showing available on that website as for sale again! Not sure if that is even ethical/legal ?

Why did you not wait for the closing date to pass? If the sellers had not returned paperwork by that time then you should have received your deposit back.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW. Now I wished I had pushed for less per point (though admittedly mine is fully loaded, so I'm ultimately okay with $143pp).

I'm at $142/pt and I'm sweating it out over here, so I don't think you made a bad deal. Mine was sent 12/29 so I'm hoping to hear something today or tomorrow at the rate things are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter