ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a less happy resale note .... I was working with some "experts" in DVC sales (removed info), and I cancelled after the Sellers ghosted the escrow officer. I was fine losing my deposit vs dealing with Sellers I found iffy - after getting thru ROFR and then having the Sellers not complete their paperwork was, frankly, crazy-making. Sellers have not signed the Cancellation but their contract is Already showing available on that website as for sale again! Not sure if that is even ethical/legal ?
This is where a "Jeremy Letter" comes in really handy. Jeremy is our corporate lawyer, and he is a whiz and writing these perfect little one-paragraph letters that take him about 5 minutes to draw up, but seem to work wonders when trying to free up log jams. They're usually longer on bark than bite, but 60% of the time, they work every time. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW. Now I wished I had pushed for less per point (though admittedly mine is fully loaded, so I'm ultimately okay with $143pp).
That's still a good deal; you got fully loaded with points. it all evens out in the end... that's what I keep telling myself anyway.lol! Congrats!!

On a less happy resale note .... I was working with some "experts" in DVC sales (removed info) and I cancelled after the Sellers ghosted the escrow officer. I was fine losing my deposit vs dealing with Sellers I found iffy - after getting thru ROFR and then having the Sellers not complete their paperwork was, frankly, crazy-making. Sellers have not signed the Cancellation but their contract is Already showing available on that website as for sale again! Not sure if that is even ethical/legal ?

This is really scaring me. This is the company I went with too. This is my first DVC contract. When the closing documents came in, they came in with the wiring instructions. My husband and I read them, signed them, and wired the money. I now find out that we didn't have to wire the money until the seller signed the documents. Our closing date is 2/4. If I didn't get this contract, I would've went direct. Disney DVC is raising their rates beginning of February. If the seller doesn't sign, I will now be stuck waiting not just for a nominal deposit but the whole amount of the contract. I feel a bit mislead by the title company and also the DVC reseller for not advising me that I didn't have to wire the money until the seller returned the signed closing documents.

This is really scaring me. This is the company I went with too. This is my first DVC contract. When the closing documents came in, they came in with the wiring instructions. My husband and I read them, signed them, and wired the money. I now find out that we didn't have to wire the money until the seller signed the documents. Our closing date is 2/4. If I didn't get this contract, I would've went direct. Disney DVC is raising their rates beginning of February. If the seller doesn't sign, I will now be stuck waiting not just for a nominal deposit but the whole amount of the contract. I feel a bit mislead by the title company and also the DVC reseller for not advising me that I didn't have to wire the money until the seller returned the signed closing documents.

I don't know of any title company nor broker who has said just wait to wire. They hope to close as quickly as possible and that facilitates it. Neither do they state if you don't wire it within 24 hours that the deal is off so that's just up to each buyer to decide. However my main point is that one transaction potentially having issues does not mean they all do nor is it anything against any particular broker. The majority go off without a hitch.

This is really scaring me.

I'm sorry - I did not mean to add to your stress :( As others will share, it seems unusual for anything to go wrong, and I'm likely looking at a delay - not a loss of the funds. While neither of us would have wired in funds had we known the Sellers might not perform, most Sellers are as excited to close as you are! My irritation was more with a Broker putting it back on the market when the Sellers are "too busy" to sign documents even for the existing transaction. Again, most Sellers will make time or they would not list for sale.

I'm sorry - I did not mean to add to your stress :( As others will share, it seems unusual for anything to go wrong, and I'm likely looking at a delay - not a loss of the funds. While neither of us would have wired in funds had we known the Sellers might not perform, most Sellers are as excited to close as you are! My irritation was more with a Broker putting it back on the market when the Sellers are "too busy" to sign documents even for the existing transaction. Again, most Sellers will make time or they would not list for sale.
Just curious, did the seller ask for a higher price when the contract was put back on the market?

I am so sorry this happened/is happening to you. I definitely learned my lesson from your situation. I hope you get the contract you want with a price you're comfortable with asap!

Just curious, did the seller ask for a higher price when the contract was put back on the market?

Yes, I had not noticed that, they increased the asking price by $2/pt. But had accepted less than listed amount from me. It will probably sell just fine, it is a lower point VGF. Whether it is a good deal right now is a VERY long thread elsewhere LOL (and Disney did not take it during ROFR, so that tells you Disney's theory ;)

Last edited:
Bought Poly last year as our first contract for our Summer trip. Dragging the camper from Ohio to Fort Wilderness for our annual Christmas trip got to be a bit expensive and stressful, so here we are...

asaj---$121-$19955-150-BRV@WL-Jun-0/21, 81/22, 150/23- sent 1/11

We felt the price per point was fair and didn't want to be too risky with ROFR, so gave them asking price. It also was the correct amount of points for our trips, and the UY matched...it's like it was meant to be...

WOW. Now I wished I had pushed for less per point (though admittedly mine is fully loaded, so I'm ultimately okay with $143pp).
Exactly, if you sold the same percentage of your loaded points your contract is cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter