ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a ton of opportunities over the next couple of months.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. People are definitely going to be looking to dump contracts due to financial hardship, however I can see Disney stepping up ROFR big time to hold the line on value in the secondary market.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. People are definitely going to be looking to dump contracts due to financial hardship, however I can see Disney stepping up ROFR big time to hold the line on value in the secondary market.
Disney has no revenue coming in, they depleted their cash reserves when they bought Fox and have $50 billion in debt. They won’t be able to step up ROFR. They might have to unload assets to make debt payments.

Well, I just got into contract with a buyer..waiting for them to sign so it can be sent to Disney. for a price that is below what typically passes.

It will be interesting to see what happens!

Disney has a lot bigger fish to fry right now then DVC buy backs imo.

plenty of opportunities. just gotta be patient. good luck with this one
Yes. Seeing the market now, I wish I had waited a few months. A low point BCV in my use year is a hot item so I have been jumping on them. Now there may be a flood of them. Oh well.

Yes. Seeing the market now, I wish I had waited a few months. A low point BCV in my use year is a hot item so I have been jumping on them. Now there may be a flood of them. Oh well.
I don't think BCV contracts will be flooding the market, most of the owners there bought to stay there years ago.

I think the market will be flooded with RIV & CCV contracts of people who just bought in the last 2 years who might be taking a hit right now do to the economy. If the shutdowns at companies goes past the end of March, people's pay checks will start to get affected, which is very unfortunate.

Must be using First American for closing. I have never understood why they take so long to send closing documents when some other closing companies send them in several days!
Fidelity also told us we would see closing documents within 3-4 weeks, when in reality in both cases we saw them in 2-3 days. They provide a rote answer but the real performance was better on my two contracts.

Disney has no revenue coming in, they depleted their cash reserves when they bought Fox and have $50 billion in debt. They won’t be able to step up ROFR. They might have to unload assets to make debt payments.

This may be true, but DVD is a separate division and likely has significant funds dedicated to maintaining resale values and "holding the line," which becomes even more important when securities prices are fluctuating like they are now. The last thing the House of Mouse needs is for its real estate portfolio to tank along with its stock price and parks&cruises revenues.

This may be true, but DVD is a separate division and likely has significant funds dedicated to maintaining resale values and "holding the line," which becomes even more important when securities prices are fluctuating like they are now. The last thing the House of Mouse needs is for its real estate portfolio to tank along with its stock price and parks&cruises revenues.
Disney doesn’t care about resale value, if they did they never would have implemented the restrictions. Disney is operating there time share now like any other time share. No other time shares care about resale value.

Also, resale time share contracts are not part of Disney’s real estate portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter