ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

see I don't understand why disney is letting LLC sales go through. If they're trying to crack down on DVC as a business, that's not the way to do it.
Legitimate question because I honestly don’t know, isn’t it the goal to have 100% occupancy every day of the year? If that’s the case, would Disney care who bought them?

If my next contract goes through, I will have 750 points as an individual between two contracts. It will eventually go into a trust or a FLP as an asset protection strategy. Buuuuut, my family are degenerate Disney people and we blow through our points like it’s our job. We’ve never rented ours out. I wonder if there is a mechanism in place that could render out what they are being used for.

Legitimate question because I honestly don’t know, isn’t it the goal to have 100% occupancy every day of the year? If that’s the case, would Disney care who bought them?

If my next contract goes through, I will have 750 points as an individual between two contracts. It will eventually go into a trust or a FLP as an asset protection strategy. Buuuuut, my family are degenerate Disney people and we blow through our points like it’s our job. We’ve never rented ours out. I wonder if there is a mechanism in place that could render out what they are being used for.
One of the biggest complaints from DVC owners is the lack of availability for hard to get reservations that sometimes seem to be booked by LLCs and then rented out. I have no issue with the family trust part, it's the LLC purchase of all said points that bothers me.

One of the biggest complaints from DVC owners is the lack of availability for hard to get reservations that sometimes seem to be booked by LLCs and then rented out. I have no issue with the family trust part, it's the LLC purchase of all said points that bothers me.
I agree that that stinks, especially for those who can only travel at the traditionally busy times of the year.

My second SSR has been sitting out there for 22 days waiting on ROFR to clear. First one cleared a month ago after only about 14-15 days.. Any body else seeing longer times to hear back?
I'm on day 31, but I think that's because something went wrong rather than it being a trend. I'm starting to assume they never submitted it when then said!

Last month mine went much longer than the time period within which most others were getting word back. I think mine was just a little unlucky - I didn't have any revisions or changes which were required or anything like that which might restart the clock; sounds like you may be in the same boat.

Last month mine went much longer than the time period within which most others were getting word back. I think mine was just a little unlucky - I didn't have any revisions or changes which were required or anything like that which might restart the clock; sounds like you may be in the same boat.
I really hope that’s the case!

Well, there can be an LLC which was created for estate planning and also LLCs that were created to skirt the commercial renting rules.

So, I don’t think they can prevent an LLC from buying…the POS allows for that,,,but they can certainly enforce the rules against any LLC that isn’t following them.

Talk to me about international contracts. Are there any downsides that I’m not seeing besides a slightly longer period to close?
We bought two contracts from international sellers. Didn't see anything much different than buying from U.S. based sellers. I do believe they sometimes need documents notarized which may take time. The tax issue was always handled by the title company, we never had to mess with it. They title company keeps a portion of the seller proceeds from the sale in escrow to pay their tax.

During pre-COVID rampant ROFR, international contracts were almost a sure bet to get through ROFR. So if you saw a good deal, an international seller was sometimes the way to go. This is not applicable during current almost non-ROFR.

TimonTracy---$100-$28228-250-AKV-Oct-210/23, 500/24, 250/25- sent 4/11
WoW! My husband is freaking out with that price. We are looking for the same thing but mostly a DEC UY. We might wait until next DEC or beginning 2025 when everyone gets their dues and start freaking out. It always becomes a buyers market at the beginning of the year. I am hoping that the refurbishment to AKL will be nicely done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter