ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Well, my speculation is based on how it’s performed against the other resorts since it opened, so there is some data to back it up.

Plus, if resorts are getting harder to book, then that makes it more likely people will want to buy a resort that they want to be at and based on its history, SSR is not it.

That’s not to say there won’t be a market, but if those other resorts are better choices now, then I can’t see any reason why that would suddenly change.

But, you are correct that we won’t know for sure until 10 years from now.
I agree with you re: the value proposition. SSR (as it would surprise no one who has read my posts in the past) is definitely not the resort for us. Based on availability tools, I would think that many others feel the same way - and I do not think it is exclusive to the points charts.

DonnerB---$240-$24705-100-VGC-Dec-0/22, 0/23, 0/24, 100/25- sent 4/13

More points than I needed (who am I kidding) and stripped, but overall happy with the price as it was only a few dollars off what I would have offered before the sellers reduced their asking price. They seemed to be motivated, which was a breath of fresh air in the VGC arena!

Hello, first time posting on Disboards! Currently awaiting a ROFR decision on OKW.

TigerLily8---$67-$14740-220-OKW-Mar-0/23, 440/24, 220/25- sent 3/26

Hoping to hear something soon as the wait is driving me insane! This will be our first DVC contract if it passes. UK visitors :-)

Passed!! How exciting!

TigerLily8---$67-$14740-220-OKW-Mar-0/23, 440/24, 220/25- sent 3/26, passed 04/15

JLH35---$75-$5762-60-OKW-Apr-0/23, 120/24, 60/25- sent 3/26, passed 4/15

First contract has passed! Also got a call last week that there actually were 2023 points the seller was able to get banked after the deadline. Didn’t have to do an addendum or anything so I’m a little hesitant about it until I actually see the points loaded in, but for the time being added them into the string.

What’s the best stripped BCV price you’ve seen? I’m still waiting to hear back re: ROFR. 20 days and counting…
I don't look at the stripped contracts that way. I'm looking at the value of the points that you didn't get. If you'd bought a contract with full 2023-2025 points, conservatively those points are worth $18/pt on the rental market, so close to 11K for those 600 pts, possibly more. You may be paying $20ish less per point up front, but you lost more than you gained with it being stripped IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter