ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm first time buyer. Just submitted one offer through ****************** and one via Fidelity yesterday. The only responses I got were system generated messages. Does this sound right? I thought a real person would have reached out today..
I recently bought one through Fidelity and the agent replied the next day and didn't hear from seller for several hours. It is better that way in my opinion, because you know it is a real person selling it, not already owned by the listing company. I just did an offer on a BLT today (site sponsor) and got a counter in less than 4 minutes, that seems unlikely to be anything but a listing site owned contract (and the counter was much higher than many listed prices on other sites).

I haven't submitted an offer through Fidelity before, but I know some people here in the ROFR thread have said that they get quicker responses from Fidelity when calling in to inquire/submit an offer.
I am working with Fidelity now and it depends on the agent. Both agents I worked with they responded to me via email on the same day. One was a little faster than the other. However, I do agree they are faster with phone calls vs emails.

It depends on the agent at Fidelity. I made an offer on two contracts with two different agents. The first one never returned my call until I called her was told my offer was out bid. My other contract the agent called within the hour and was accepted.

I had put in an offer with Fidelity and they were slow(days) so ended up putting in an offer elsewhere and in less than a day that offer was accepted. Probably 4 days after my offer with Fidelity I heard back with a counter. I would have taken that counter too, but stuck with the original one that I accepted.

I submitted an offer to Fidelity last Wednesday and they haven’t bothered to get back to me. I haven’t followed it up as I negotiated a different contract with another broker the same day. It’s pretty poor form on their part though. I offered on a separate contract with Fidelity a few weeks ago and they responded with the Sellers response about three days after the automatic reply.
I had that happen as well with Fidelity. No response at all.

how is everyone getting these prices? Most aren't even close to the prices i'm seeing. I know people negotiate but damn! lol

supa20001---$100-$15875-140-AKV-Sep-0/22, 140/23, 140/24- sent 5/9

Decided to buy our first one the day before. Sent the first offer of $95 yesterday, got a counter of $103, countered $100 and got it accepted today. The agent said it's sent to ROFR today. Seems they're very efficient.
Is it normal for the contract to be sent to Disney on the same day the contract is signed and before escrow is opened?

supa20001---$100-$15875-140-AKV-Sep-0/22, 140/23, 140/24- sent 5/9

Decided to buy our first one the day before. Sent the first offer of $95 yesterday, got a counter of $103, countered $100 and got it accepted today. The agent said it's sent to ROFR today. Seems they're very efficient.
Is it normal for the contract to be sent to Disney on the same day the contract is signed and before escrow is opened?
Same resort and price PP as me! That’s how mine worked as well. We were last to sign and we sent deposit that same day and Broker said after that they sent in for ROFR same day…now just to see how long Disney takes!

RL827---$135-$14921-100-CCV@WL-Mar-0/22, 200/23, 100/24- sent 5/9

Been lurking here for a year or so when we got our first contract(s) from a killer deal (bought from a family friend… passed ROFR at a way low amount which surprised me)

Have wanted to add on at another resort. Initially had a lower agreed amount but seller had a “change of heart” per broker so I came up some… was an ideal contract and use year! Told my husband it makes me want to buy another and sell some of our BCV points 🙃

Last edited:
I submitted an offer to Fidelity last Wednesday and they haven’t bothered to get back to me. I haven’t followed it up as I negotiated a different contract with another broker the same day. It’s pretty poor form on their part though. I offered on a separate contract with Fidelity a few weeks ago and they responded with the Sellers response about three days after the automatic reply.

I had that happen as well with Fidelity. No response at all.

If you place an offer after 6pm then you are likely to receive a response later than you otherwise would.

However I've noticed that if I place an offer on a new listing then often it takes days to get a reply, maybe because I never pay full asking. However if I place an offer on a old listing then i'm more likely to get a quicker response.

Normally if I dont get a counter or an acceptance within 18 hours I move on. Then I might be surprised when I eventually do.

Also a small tip, look at the older and aged listings at fidelity those sellers might be more prone to receiving offers and even lowball offers than the sellers for newer listings are.

how is everyone getting these prices? Most aren't even close to the prices i'm seeing. I know people negotiate but damn! lol
You just need to try and be bold. Just because a contract is listed at $115 pp, does not mean that the seller wont accept a lot less but of course there are no guarantees and you will see a lot of rejections and high counters but eventually you will get one to accept at a lower and acceptable price point.

I got one at $81, but my initial offer was $75 and seller countered with $90 and I re-countered with $81 which the sellers accepted. Originally they started out with $115 or $120

You just need to try and be bold. Just because a contract is listed at $115 pp, does not mean that the seller wont accept a lot less but of course there are no guarantees and you will see a lot of rejections and high counters but eventually you will get one to accept at a lower and acceptable price point.

I got one at $81, but my initial offer was $75 and seller countered with $90 and I re-countered with $81 which the sellers accepted. Originally they started out with $115 or $120
And I would add that you also need to be patient, which is easier said than done. 😉 You may have to offer on multiple contracts over time and be really clear in your mind exactly what you want your actual price per point to be.

Hubalorian---$113-$13,270.50-100-AKL-Jun-100/22, 200/23, 100/24- sent 5/9

Hubalorian---$113-$13,270.50-100-AKL-Jun-100/22, 200/23, 100/24- sent 5/9

Yes got two fully loaded AK contracts at 113, will be selling all 400 23 points if it passes ROFR 🤞
How are there 200 2023 points in each contract, if both of them still have their 2022 points intact, as well as their 2024? Where did the extra 100 points in each contract come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter