ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that would mean 2022 are banked into 2023, which just seems odd. I guess if all you're doing is constantly rolling over points it probably is a good idea to sell.
My first contract was similar to this. The original owner had died and the contract had passed to the owner's son who was not interested in going/keeping the contract (also height of COVID). Had 2019 points banked into 2020 and 2020 banked into 2021 for double points. That's probably why addonitis hit us so hard after the first year, it was a 210 point contract, but we had 500+ points to use the first couple of months!

My first contract was similar to this. The original owner had died and the contract had passed to the owner's son who was not interested in going/keeping the contract (also height of COVID). Had 2019 points banked into 2020 and 2020 banked into 2021 for double points. That's probably why addonitis hit us so hard after the first year, it was a 210 point contract, but we had 500+ points to use the first couple of months!
Yeah, it would almost be like adding on direct and getting the current UY points.

I just got the fake out email from fidelity that we are still waiting….
I guess it’s a good thing that they keep us updated but I got excised for a hot second. 😂

Hi there, we are still waiting to hear back on the Right of First Refusal request for your file that was sent to Disney Vacation Club on: 4/25/2023.
It generally takes approximately 30 to 45 days for Disney Vacation Club to deliver their notification, so we are about halfway there!

Sit tight, we will let you know as soon as we receive the ROFR notification.

It's a shame that Hubalorian's seller didn't list those distressed points somewhere, could have recouped another chunk of money.
I've tried that as a negotiation tactic once to bring down the price (suggesting they list those expiring points as a transfer), but the seller didn't want to entertain that and was willing to let the points expire.

Same. Just put in my first offer at AKV and went low similar to what I’ve seen passed on here and seller countered no where near.
Here’s one for ya! I put in an offer for a 210 stripped OKW contract of 210 points for $70 (listing price was $120). Seller countered at $95, I passed. Broker emailed me asking if I was interested in another similar OKW contract with seller at $100 firm. I’m like..what? No lol

I was told by my broker, who has a relative that works in the ROFR dept, that the entire staff was moved to a different area of DVC, and no one is authorized to buy back any contracts. Now, of course this is still a “I know a guy” scenario, so take it as you will.
Hoping this is true, I guess? If this continues long term, I wonder how low prices will go, especially with a tightening economy, and Disney's admission that prices have become unsustainable.

Hoping this is true, I guess? If this continues long term, I wonder how low prices will go, especially with a tightening economy, and Disney's admission that prices have become unsustainable.
I don’t know how low prices will go but I suspect a lot of us on this thread are going to do our best to find out! I promised myself I wouldn’t buy more points until our current ROFR contract closes, but I ended up making an offer for Poly points at $120 today and if they accept it, I will happily take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter