ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a few CCV contracts. Two went through ROFR in just a little over a week. The third was sent back in the same time frame because of a mistake in the paperwork regarding a slightly extended closing. A correction was made almost immediately, but in the meantime, the employee furlough began. The waiver still came through about a week later.

Was glad to hear that Disney, as far as anyone knew, wasn’t buying back any CCV contracts. Am certainly not complaining, but does anyone know why?
It’s not sold out so they don’t need any contracts to sell. Anything they buy would just sit on their books.

I’m fairly new at this but it seems to me that the point of ROFR is less to keep a price floor and more to buy whatever the cheapest contracts with about the amount of points they need whenever they have a direct buyer.

It’s not sold out so they don’t need any contracts to sell. Anything they buy would just sit on their books.

I’m fairly new at this but it seems to me that the point of ROFR is less to keep a price floor and more to buy whatever the cheapest contracts with about the amount of points they need whenever they have a direct buyer.
It's both. Most importantly though DVC wants to maintain their image and their direct sale value and will never let the bottom drop out. Good for us owners. An occasional miss with an ROFR, but there are plenty more contracts to be had. I've never missed an ROFR as competitive as I am.

Just read on a DVC resale blog site that ZERO contracts were bought back in April from their site. Definitely now is the time

Wasn't sure I could do that - but it's one of the BIG resale brokers. Just google - you'll find it for April '20

The board rules are actually that you post the link. If it's not allowed it will be screened out.

I have been watching the resale listings as well as these threads, and I thought that $102/ point for 100 points at SSR was the best deal I found, but now that I see someone paid $95/point for 100 points at AKV, I think I’ll keep watching. $135/point for 100 points at PVB also seems pretty great.

I have been watching the resale listings as well as these threads, and I thought that $102/ point for 100 points at SSR was the best deal I found, but now that I see someone paid $95/point for 100 points at AKV, I think I’ll keep watching. $135/point for 100 points at PVB also seems pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter