ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh, I have a BLT offer with them now submitted 4/20, so hope to hear something next week based on the timing of the two of you who got passed today (congrats!). I hope they don’t take mine!

What was your price per point? I have BLT offer too at $139pp

I saw a BLT contract that went thru 160 $128PP last month - so hopefully you will be good
That would be fantastic. Good luck to everyone else waiting with fingers crossed! Even with everything seeming to be going through it’s still a nerve racking wait!

I just tried low balling a contract from this website and they seem just like the others and they stressed that nothing low will pass ROFR. Guess this company just also be disillusioned with reality even though they do sell some lower contracts.

I just tried low balling a contract from this website and they seem just like the others and they stressed that nothing low will pass ROFR. Guess this company just also be disillusioned with reality even though they do sell some lower contracts.
I think the law says they have to submit your offer to the seller.

I low balled my BWV at 117$ pp and was declined. I settled on 130$ because it does have all of last years points. I dont think it would have passed ROFR at 117$ though. Who knows. I should have bought DVC a looooong time ago. Now I’ll wait to buy my next 100 now that I found this board 😀

nickoley---$95-$10922-100-AKV-Feb-0/19, 100/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 4/18, passed 5/1
So excited! First time members here!

Side note: my agent told me that they have been waiving ROFR on all she's seen in the past 2 weeks except OKW and BLT. She has seen some of those taken.
I am at a month today waiting on ROFR on a BLT contract. $139 a point for 160 points. My agent has checked with DVC Admin this week and they are still reviewing.
So it would appear they are at least not pushing everything through quickly.

Please don’t attack me for not having a moral compass, but has anyone who went through the ROFR process pre-pandemic but who has not yet completed had any thoughts about pulling out? I’m not suggesting we will do this, but I would be lying if I said I haven’t thought about it. We are already direct owners and successfully bid on contracts at PVB and AKV back in February. It’s been very slow to get to closing and we have recently requested a 30 day extension due to the plummeting value of the pound against the dollar and the fact I’m repaying guests who have rented out points with us (despite not having to under the terms of our contract). Our total deposits are $4500 and part of me thinks we should cut our losses and run and wait to see where the points value, and exchange rate, ends up in 6 months. I know this is highly morally questionable and may mean we can’t purchase through Fidelity again as they will likely still want their commission from us. Has anyone else thought about this? We are in a much tighter financial spot than I thought we would be and it now doesn’t seem sensible to spend megabucks on DVC points. Please be kind in any replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter