ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by the numbers. Is this assuming only using AP on one visit? I did the numbers for using the pass for two vacations using the same pass and can't out with a huge savings. I was trying to find my error but I think it's that u only use the AP for one vacation.

I use the pass for 2 vacations. But, I am comparing to the price of only 4 base tickets. Not park hoppers or a regular AP. Which is what we would buy normally without having the AP discount and is cheaper than an AP if considering just one trip.

This kind of undermines all the "savings" calculations.

No, because it's done in comparison to the 4 base tickets we would of bought, not compared to buying a regular AP. You would save more than this if you were going to buy an AP already.

Day 26 for me. I really would like an email today so I can move on. With my luck I am going to have to wait until the end of the week :/

I keep trying to join your club. If prices stay this high, I may try again. The question is whether to add BLT or VGF.

(Should have bought more VGF points in the first place... :sad2:)

I added on to my VGF last year. I’m in the process of adding on to my BLT right now. The prices are a lot higher than I want to spend, but that’s life. I’m afraid if I drag my feet too much it’ll be even more next year, and the years following. BLT direct is already $191pp, so I can easily see it going above $200pp. I’ll keep y’all posted.

The prices are a lot higher than I want to spend, but that’s life. I’m afraid if I drag my feet too much it’ll be even more next year, and the years following. BLT direct is already $191pp, so I can easily see it going above $200pp.

This is my dilemma as well. Direct prices are surely not going to decrease, and with all of the new plans for WDW, interest in resale is sure to increase, so I can't see resale pricing decreasing either.

This is my dilemma as well. Direct prices are surely not going to decrease, and with all of the new plans for WDW, interest in resale is sure to increase, so I can't see resale pricing decreasing either.

This is what I'm thinking too. Other years prices have gone done a bit heading in to the end of the year. I notice a lot of Dec UY getting taken by ROFR...

I only started researching DVC in Jan of this year. Have direct prices ever gone down? Say, during the Great Recession?

I bought VGF at $130pp for a 60pt and a 100pt contract. I didn't think I was getting that great of a deal at the time, but it is what I wanted. Fast forward to this year, and those prices were a steal compared to what I'd be paying for contracts those sizes today. While I am going to spend more than I want on my BLT add-on today, I think it will all work out in the end. An important distinction is that I bought my BLT for $100pp with no points until the following UY. The ones I am seriously looking at now all have points coming on this year. Happy hunting everyone!

Last edited:
I've been thinking about that lately as well, especially with our recent Poly offer going to ROFR. We're paying $139/pp, which is a very good but not can't-miss deal, but Poly sells for $220/pp direct. The broker mentioned they've only seen Disney buy back one or two Poly contracts and everything else passes, which matches the ROFR data threads. But how much longer is Disney going to let one of their flagship, MK monorail resorts go for $80 less than direct?

Guess I'll find out within 30 days!

I bought VGF at $130pp for a 60pt and a 100pt contract. I didn't think I was getting that great of a deal at the time, but it is what I wanted. Fast forward to this year, and those prices were a steal compared to what I'd be paying for contracts those sizes today. While I am going to spend more than I want on my BLT add-on today, I think it will all work out in the end.

I think this is a healthy attitude. I'm new in these waters - I'm waiting for my first resale contract to close right now - but when I was shopping, I hardly spent any time looking at historical resale prices because I saw them as largely irrelevant, other than to demonstrate a historical upward trend in value. Last year's prices are never coming back. But I'm fairly certain that when we look at resale prices 3-5 years from now, we'll feel pretty good about the prices we're paying today by comparison.

I've been thinking about that lately as well, especially with our recent Poly offer going to ROFR. We're paying $139/pp, which is a very good but not can't-miss deal, but Poly sells for $220/pp direct. The broker mentioned they've only seen Disney buy back one or two Poly contracts and everything else passes, which matches the ROFR data threads. But how much longer is Disney going to let one of their flagship, MK monorail resorts go for $80 less than direct?

I don't know, but I'm happy to grab one of those deals while they last! We're closing on a 250 point contract at PVB for $133/pt. I felt pretty good about that deal as well.

I don't know, but I'm happy to grab one of those deals while they last! We're closing on a 250 point contract at PVB for $133/pt. I felt pretty good about that deal as well.
I think I saw that listing and called dvcmagic straight away. They didn't get back to me for days though. That's a great buy. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter