ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get the free FP+ and ice cream, go home to think about it, and then buy resale. Best of both worlds! :D
You may get a gift card too? When talking to the sales guides in resort lobbies or in the parks, they quite often will offer gift cards too! If you call to schedule something, you likely won't get offered a gift card.

Sorry, I am surprised we don't see this more often. This is why I am nervous all the way up to closing. The seller has some protection with the escrow money, but the buyer has none. Either Disney or the seller can stop the process!:furious:
I got my paperwork on a property 14 days ago. My signed contract and cashiers check were at the title company 1 week ago. They are still waiting on the sellers paperwork. I did email yesterday and was told today the seller was getting the paperwork signed and notarized today. I hope it is just a priorities/busy life situation and not cold feet at the alter.

I got my paperwork on a property 14 days ago. My signed contract and cashiers check were at the title company 1 week ago. They are still waiting on the sellers paperwork. I did email yesterday and was told today the seller was getting the paperwork signed and notarized today. I hope it is just a priorities/busy life situation and not cold feet at the alter.
I could not imagine if that were to happen.

You can get the free FP+ and ice cream, go home to think about it, and then buy resale. Best of both worlds! :D

This is what we did -- although it wasn’t planned that way. We did the DVC tour while we were on a trip to get the fast passes. We listened to why we should buy CCV and were obviously interested in DVC. Then we went home, ran the numbers and explored our options and decided that resale was the way to go for us. The fast passes and $100 gift card were appreciated, and justified spending an hour hearing the sales pitch, but they were not sufficient to justify the premium for buying direct in our case.

I understand why people buy direct to get the perks. Believe me, I’d love access to the Moonlight Magic events and AP discounts, but at the end of the day, the membership perks would have only cost us more money. We would have been booking extra trips to take advantage of Moonlight Magic and we don’t currently go enough to justify buying APs (even with the discount). But if we were booking an extra trip each year for Moonlight Magic, then we could justify buying the APs, then we could justify additional trips because we would have the APs and next thing you know, we'd need more points...

i’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it and I believe Disney is actually leaving money on the table by shutting us out of membership perks because I think we’d end up spending much more money than it would cost them to offer the benefits, but I’m sure they have folks much smarter than me that are running the numbers.

In any event, we’re excited about closing on our first contract and booking a trip on our points. As I said in my initial post on these boards, I’m indebted to this group as all of you provide the information that allowed us to make an informed buying decision. So for that, I say thank you!

This is what we did -- although it wasn’t planned that way. We did the DVC tour while we were on a trip to get the fast passes. We listened to why we should buy CCV and were obviously interested in DVC. Then we went home, ran the numbers and explored our options and decided that resale was the way to go for us. The fast passes and $100 gift card were appreciated, and justified spending an hour hearing the sales pitch, but they were not sufficient to justify the premium for buying direct in our case.

That was exactly us on our last trip earlier this year. Figured for an hour of our time, $100 gift card and extra FP+ it was worth it. It did give us some ideas on what we would like to get out of DVC and it helped make our mind up about 1) finally getting it and 2) going with resale. Looking forward to using it for the first time next year.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this here, but in the chance that I can--Can you please recommend which sites to look at for resale? I only know of one and haven't had any luck in finding what I'm looking for. Thank you!

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this here, but in the chance that I can--Can you please recommend which sites to look at for resale? I only know of one and haven't had any luck in finding what I'm looking for. Thank you!

I've been using DVC Resale Market for a few months now. They've been great with communication and they have quite the amount of listings. Timeshare Store is very good as well from what I've read on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter