• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Seriously, the last day. That had to hurt. Agree, price seemed fair especially since not loaded with '16 points.

My stomach just dropped

Ssssh, they might hear you.

It never occured to me to look @ the UY month(s) that have been being taken back.

I had assumed that their process of ROFR is:

A) they draw a line in the sand as to price per point/per total number of contract. If too low, they take it...i.e., a low-priced small contract, has good chance of being taken. I hope to slip under the wire.:umbrella:

I will be very disappointed if they take my deal. However, & I hate to say it here, :duck:but as an existing owner i want them to keep the price per point at a certain minimum level to retain the 'value' of my existing contracts. It's the contracts like the above BLT that have me shaking my head.:confused3

B) I was almost there for paying full price direct to add on @ AK, guide said I wouldn't likely wait more than a few days for small (50 - 100 pt) addon. My assumption they either sit on certain # of points per UY/resort or

C) they just snag the first viable contract that comes up for ROFR to fill the order.

I think C) happened in my case. Bad timing when my contract was submitted and they just happened to have a buyer that wanted that...

It's not normally, but snuck this one in!

I've seen a few lately, but not with quite that many available points. I think this year having 132 vs the full 150 actually helped because that makes it a lot trickier for them to flip.

I think C) happened in my case. Bad timing when my contract was submitted and they just happened to have a buyer that wanted that...

Right, you don't know what people on the waitlist need. They probably sold it and waited for the signed paperwork to come in and then informed you. Obviously that's just more speculation, but that's how I would imagine it works.

Don't get too stressed out about it... it's just a business transaction. Submit another, and then another if needed, and eventually it'll all be over :)

What are your parameters... how many points and what resorts? I will keep eye out.
Thanks! That is very sweet of you. I'd like something 200 points or less (the smaller the better) with Aug UY. Ideally BLT, but I'd be willing to do AK or BW if a good deal is to be had.

dvcsales
Thanks! That is very sweet of you. I'd like something 200 points or less (the smaller the better) with Aug UY. Ideally BLT, but I'd be willing to do AK or BW if a good deal is to be had.
www.dvcsales.com is a smaller site that seems to have some good deals on it. None for August right now but is a smaller, newer company so does not get as much visibility when searching. I found them by accident (still not sure how!) and made an offer through them and just passed ROFR yesterday! Have been great, efficient and quick to reply so far!

Thanks for the support. I'll keep on trying! I have a small contract at BLT but have noticed it is definitely not enough points. I'm so frustrated they took so long just to snatch it up. Totally could have put in another contract in that time...
That's the most frustrating part! The time lost that could have been spent on lining up the next contract. Better luck next time.

dvcsales

www.dvcsales.com is a smaller site that seems to have some good deals on it. None for August right now but is a smaller, newer company so does not get as much visibility when searching. I found them by accident (still not sure how!) and made an offer through them and just passed ROFR yesterday! Have been great, efficient and quick to reply so far!
We used them too and have nothing but great things to say about them. Both Mark and Lori were always there to answer questions and assist no matter what time or day of the week it was. Being a retired Guide, mark is well versed in DVC so that's a huge plus in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter