RoFR back??

What's that? When somebody says they're going to buy then change their mind before or just after closing?
That or literally Disney just buying contracts straight up.

If you called DVC today and asked them to buy your contract back from you, they’d probably say no. Almost certainly. But periodically, they make a lowball offer. And, on occasion, they mass email some specific subgroup of owners with an unsolicited buyback price, again, usually much lower than market rates.

When someone bites it looks in the OC database exactly like a ROFR does, you can’t distinguish between them

For all the new people, the scariest and most frustrating part of the ROFR monster is that they DONT always take the lowest priced contracts.

In fact, when your contract is taken, you can almost always find someone who got a better deal than you whose contract passed.

My advice is to have a glass of wine or whiskey and say the serenity prayer.
Yes. I remember offering full price for a BLT contract (above others that passed ROFR), to get by absolutely without a doubt.
I'm thinking: "Ah, yes...a guaranteed pass":cool1:
DVC:
1692188462411.png

I think we should keep in mind that there have been some ROFRs this past year. The reports I publish are only DVC Resale Market contracts but I am aware of other contract through private sales or smaller brokers that have been taken.

This is the way.

Yeah. Just will be interesting to see if we get more to try to gauge if they plan to start up, even periodically again.

But, after 14 years in DVC, just when I think we may have things we can guess they do the opposite!!

Something to consider.....

If DVC only took the low ball contracts It would NOT move the needle very much or at all on resale pricing.....

If Disney randomly takes contracts the buyers, sellers and broker feel are "SAFE" the needle moves up the scale...

Something to consider.....

If DVC only took the low ball contracts It would NOT move the needle very much or at all on resale pricing.....

If Disney randomly takes contracts the buyers, sellers and broker feel are "SAFE" the needle moves up the scale...

This has always been something I have been told. ROfR is not meant to be predictable and goals change all the time.

That is why nothing is ever “safe”. It’s just interesting timing to see multiple reports starting to pop up all of a sudden!!

...and if they want to sell it out quickly, taking on more inventory seems...counter-intuitive.
Maybe the plan is like as was said above.. ROFR a couple random contracts at a higher amount and it manually increases the price of resale. When there’s only a 20 dollar per point difference between resale and direct its much more likely people will buy direct.

I'm trying to understand why on God's green earth they would do this. The spread between this and their net sales price barely pays the marketing expenses.
Maybe it’s extremely tactical for VGF. If I’m in the market for 150+ VGF points, why would I buy resale? It may get ROFR’d, and if it doesn’t I saved a few dollars…

For every VGF contract they ROFR at honestly pretty high prices, that must translate into X would-be resale buyers deciding to go Direct instead.

...and if they want to sell it out quickly, taking on more inventory seems...counter-intuitive.
But, are the resorts truely "sold-out" anymore? They may place a sold out label on the resort, but who know how much inventory they have to sell.

Maybe it’s extremely tactical for VGF. If I’m in the market for 150+ VGF points, why would I buy resale? It may get ROFR’d, and if it doesn’t I saved a few dollars…

For every VGF contract they ROFR at honestly pretty high prices, that must translate into X would-be resale buyers deciding to go Direct instead.
I could see that this would cause the VGF buyers who just lost their contract to buy direct, but I can’t imagine it would change market behavior on a whole. I don’t think most buyers are tuned in enough to ROFR to have two GF buy backs effect their decision choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter