Rock N Rollercoaster had tarp on it today

Avril Lavigne sang a song for Disney's Alive in Wonderland. Let's give Avie a chance. Image the psychedelia options.

I doubt it makes sense to change to another classic band - I don't see the upside for all the work, even if another band is slightly more popular. God help us if they try to squeeze in Jonas Bros or a modern act with questionable longer term appeal - not to mention the thrill aspect of the ride lends itself to more aggressive rock music.

I say leave it b/c it's an ode to a time when there was a major rock n roll scene on the Sunset Strip. In today's HS, this qualifies as dead-on accurate theming.

I doubt it makes sense to change to another classic band - I don't see the upside for all the work, even if another band is slightly more popular. God help us if they try to squeeze in Jonas Bros or a modern act with questionable longer term appeal - not to mention the thrill aspect of the ride lends itself to more aggressive rock music.

I say leave it b/c it's an ode to a time when there was a major rock n roll scene on the Sunset Strip. In today's HS, this qualifies as dead-on accurate theming.
I agree! (aside from being a classic rock gal at heart, it just works with the theming.)

But if it's a licensing thing, then I wouldn't be opposed to WDW inserting IP. (I'd love to see a Hiro/Beymax "flight" or something to that effect.)

The simplest and fastest way to get it up and running would be to keep it as Rock n Roller Coaster, drop Aerosmith, license a bunch of songs (think of Universal’s Rip Ride Rockit) and substitute the pre show with Mickey’s band, and be done with it.
It would still take a year and a half

Precisely, which is why it's ridiculous to act entitled and call it embarrassing when they've been a little sluggish getting those projects done. In a perfect world, sure, there would be no pandemic, and more projects would be done, but give the company a break. Rome wasn't built in a day, and clearly neither was TRON.

TRON isn't being built, it's being programmed. 😉

Just to be clear, it's Universal Music Group that will have rights to Aerosmith. This is not the same company that owns Universal Orlando.

The issue here is whether UMC and Disney can agree to new terms. One of the major reasons Disney went with Aerosmith back in the 1990s was that Aerosmith was a lot cheaper than other A List bands. UMC might decide to play hardball, in which case it would not surprise me if Disney dumps Aerosmith.
I thought there first choice was Kiss, Kiss gave them a price, Disney said no way, they then asked The Rolling Stones and the Stones number was higher than Kiss. They were running out of time, they needed a band they asked Aerosmith and they number was very close to what Kiss number was. Disney accepted. Odds are this will be changed to Disney IP ride no more rock bands. Free IP makes Ceapek more $$$$$$$$$

With that in mind what Queen song would you like them to use for Rock N Rollercoaster? I'll go first:
"Don't Stop Me now!"
While you're sitting waiting to launch - We Will Rock You to build anticipation.
The ride needs some hard driving rock songs. I'm thinking Tie Your Mother Down, Hammer to Fall, Stone Cold Crazy. I'm in Love with My Car would be the perfect theme, but maybe not quite the right pace for the ride. They could use the "Wayne's World head banging" portion of Bohemian Rhapsody. Dragon Attack could be cool, too.

I agree! (aside from being a classic rock gal at heart, it just works with the theming.)

But if it's a licensing thing, then I wouldn't be opposed to WDW inserting IP. (I'd love to see a Hiro/Beymax "flight" or something to that effect.)
I personally dont want them to change from aerosmith but this was the only replacement idea that actually made me think twice. DS loves Big Hero Six (as do i) and we also love Fall Out Boy.

I'm going to miss "How about some backstage passes"....said no one ever

I had hoped to ride this last week but was closed down both times I had the chance :( I think it needs some work
Seemed like a lot of rides were broken down at various times - especially at MK.

They can always pull out Guardians of the Galaxy and have a variety of music.
It will probably come down to the cost though and what they can get quick and cheap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter