Riviera Resort Now Bookable (ca$h)

Direct purchasers will be able to book other DVC resorts. Anyone who purchases RIV on the resale market will be restricted to using their points at RIV.

Still waiting on points charts and whether Legacy 14 owners will be able to trade into RIV at a 1:1 ratio.

Which makes RIV points worth WAY less on the resale market. One of the selling points of DVC is that the points retain much of their value compared to other timeshares. No one knows what life will throw at them, so paying a premium for a resort that will be worth significantly less if resale becomes necessary seems like a bad idea.

Disney seems to be going to great lengths to promote the value of buying direct from them, but I can’t be the only one who views this new policy as a negative for initial purchasers rather than a positive.

Just a gentle reminder that discussion of DVC purchases, the use of one's DVC membership, and the pros and cons of DVC ownership should be on the DVC boards, where there are numerous threads on the new policies and the Riviera resort.

Let's try to keep this thread focused on cash reservations at the Riviera. Thanks! :)

Just a gentle reminder that discussion of DVC purchases, the use of one's DVC membership, and the pros and cons of DVC ownership should be on the DVC boards, where there are numerous threads on the new policies and the Riviera resort.

Let's try to keep this thread focused on cash reservations at the Riviera. Thanks! :)
Yes there are! Thanks @Lynne M

I'm a sucker for a new Disney resort so booked 12/27-29 1 br preferred view.

Sometimes when they 1st open is the only chance a cash res will be available. That's how I did blt and VGF.

I booked 4 people but probably just dh and I. Rooms look great! Can't wait to see in person :flower1:

Bonnett Creek isn't Disney, doesn't have gondola access to 2 parks, and isn't DVC.

I am aware of those points all of which still make zero sense for this place to be $700 night.

Someone(s) is getting ripped off in a major way.

Enjoy the non-air conditioned bus on a high wire.

The Tower Studios start at $335. That’s not bad. BCV are more. The prices being quoted today are for the Holidays, the highest priced time of the year.
I am not saying it isn’t expensive. But I don’t think it is outrageous. It won’t work for everyone
A tower studio only sleeps 2 people. A BCV studios sleeps 5. There's your price difference right there. No families are going to be able to stay in those pods unless they have 1 child under the age of 3.

A tower studio only sleeps 2 people. A BCV studios sleeps 5. There's your price difference right there. No families are going to be able to stay in those pods unless they have 1 child under the age of 3.
Are most of these teeny murphy bed rooms connecting? I wondered if maybe they will be promoted as an option to connect to a regular sized room, giving the guest a "mini" suite.

Are most of these teeny murphy bed rooms connecting? I wondered if maybe they will be promoted as an option to connect to a regular sized room, giving the guest a "mini" suite.
There doesn't appear to be a connecting door in the floor plans. I don't even know where on could be placed. And there's no "mini suite" room category on the DVC website. I have a feeling that those pod rooms are stand-alone units.

We are somewhat interested in staying at this resort but I looked at the room rates and I didn't see any Club Level rooms. Seems like they would have Club level at the newest Deluxe Resort.

Riviera is a DVC resort but cash bookings opened today. Until the resort is fully declared there will be a lot of cash availability.

Yeah, I don't know how the DVC works exactly and not really interested in owning DVC. I only asked about Club Level because I know AKL, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Poly and Boardwalk resorts have both DVC and bookable rooms and they all have Club Level to book for us non DVC people.

Yeah, I don't know how the DVC works exactly and not really interested in owning DVC. I only asked about Club Level because I know AKL, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Poly and Boardwalk resorts have both DVC and bookable rooms and they all have Club Level to book for us non DVC people.

Beach Club VILLAS, Boardwalk VILLAS, etc... don't have club level rooms for booking. Only Animal Kingdom Lodge VILLAS - Jambo House, have a few club level dvc rooms. That was the point the pp was trying to make. Being a dvc-only resort, it was expected that there would be no club level rooms.

Are 2 guest hotel accommodations standard in major cities?
Many cities have hotels which can only accommodate 2 guests. Not every room in every hotel.
It could create issues for guest who are getting rooms via priceline express

edited to add:

Small rooms, only big enough for two (and sometimes one) guest are somewhat common in Europe.

Last edited:
Potentially daft question and apologies if posted elsewhere (first timer here!) but does this mean that the resort won’t be upon until 16th December of could an earlier booking window follow?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter