Riviera Resort Now Bookable (ca$h)

Prices look about right. Compare to cash rates, same dates, other DVC resorts.

Yeah, I'm not getting the pricing. Just priced out some dates in December and rack rate for a preferred view studio is only slightly less than rack for a 1-bedroom at BWV. Unless the resort amenities are over-the-top great, I don't see spending more for less and getting a gondola instead of walking to two parks?

I can't fathom why cash booking opens BEFORE DVC members get access. And while we are just a party of two, so theoretically A two person studio would be right up our alley, the amount of money I've paid for my membership, I want a real bed not a Murphy.

Yeah, I'm not getting the pricing. Just priced out some dates in December and rack rate for a preferred view studio is only slightly less than rack for a 1-bedroom at BWV. Unless the resort amenities are over-the-top great, I don't see spending more for less and getting a gondola instead of walking to two parks?
My thoughts exactly. And why would you want to buy into this resort for more (if points are on par or more than at other DVC resorts) when you won't be allowed to use those points to book other DVC resorts? I'm really surprised by this pricing.

My thoughts exactly. And why would you want to buy into this resort for more (if points are on par or more than at other DVC resorts) when you won't be allowed to use those points to book other DVC resorts? I'm really surprised by this pricing.
Direct purchasers will be able to book other DVC resorts. Anyone who purchases RIV on the resale market will be restricted to using their points at RIV.

Still waiting on points charts and whether Legacy 14 owners will be able to trade into RIV at a 1:1 ratio.

This pricing is not to buy into Riveria Resort. It is for nightly, rack rate cash bookings. These are always higher

Direct purchasers will be able to book other DVC resorts. Anyone who purchases RIV on the resale market will be restricted to using their points at RIV.

Still waiting on points charts and whether Legacy 14 owners will be able to trade into RIV at a 1:1 ratio.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for clarifying!

Perhaps the rates are set they way they are to either 1) see what the market will bear; or 2) take advantage of those willing to pay a premium to be the first to try the resort?

Perhaps the rates are set they way they are to either 1) see what the market will bear; or 2) take advantage of those willing to pay a premium to be the first to try the resort?
  1. If they're smart, and I assume that Disney is, they already have an idea what the market will bear based on their research.
  2. I have never seen rack rates come down at a resort. They only go up.

I meant that it seems high when compared with other cash bookings at resorts that are much closer to the parks to me - especially for a room that only sleeps 2.
The Tower Studios start at $335. That’s not bad. BCV are more. The prices being quoted today are for the Holidays, the highest priced time of the year.
I am not saying it isn’t expensive. But I don’t think it is outrageous. It won’t work for everyone

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Maybe the gondolas are neat, but not that neat!
I am glad the 1 bedrooms sleep 5 though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!