Riviera Model Room Tour

Size wise it looks most similar to Polynesian to me both are over 420 square feet (60 square feet larger than BCV/BWV for example) with similar sleeping surface arrangements (table isn’t a collapsible one under the bunk size Murphy bed) and bathroom layout is somewhat similar.

Finishings and colors seems very similar to VGF to me.

It's really almost identical to Vgf. Vgf has the same bathroom style except the sink the is in the shower room and toilet in the tub room. Vgf also has the table separate from the Murphy bed. Of course it has the regular sofa bed vs sofa/ Murphy bed style. I'd say the difference is probably the length of the rooms. Vgf does not have the room for bedside tables on both sides although I'd guess if the reduced the width of the one they have they might have accomplished it.

It's really almost identical to Vgf. Vgf has the same bathroom style except the sink the is in the shower room and toilet in the tub room. Vgf also has the table separate from the Murphy bed. Of course it has the regular sofa bed vs sofa/ Murphy bed style. I'd say the difference is probably the length of the rooms. Vgf does not have the room for bedside tables on both sides although I'd guess if the reduced the width of the one they have they might have accomplished it.
Yeah agreed, it appears they took the size of PVB and shoved in the VGF footprint, affording it the extra bedside table. I'm guessing you are right it is probably extra length (adding the extra 50 square feet over VGF and maybe the little alcove at the entrance) since they squeezed in that extra bedside table in both. I would have to say I was pleasantly surprised they didn't go small like they did with BLT. To say Disney want small on DRR is definitely incorrect, which is refreshing.

The living space in the 1 bedroom has to seem huge considering it only has the galley kitchen, but a similar size to VGF 1 beds.

I'm guessing the single person pull-down beds are similar to those at other resorts, right? Comfortable for kids, but maybe not adults? Curious what the height and weight limits are.

The tower studio may not work for us.
We like to have a bed and couch.
I may be wrong but I don't see people breaking down the door for a room with a Murphy bed.
How ever I may feel differently when I see it.

I'm guessing the single person pull-down beds are similar to those at other resorts, right? Comfortable for kids, but maybe not adults? Curious what the height and weight limits are.

I have 2 adult friends who preferred it to the sofa bed (separate trips). I’d say both are around 5’4”, average weight.

I have 2 adult friends who preferred it to the sofa bed (separate trips). I’d say both are around 5’4”, average weight.
We put a college student on there and she was fine. She also was rope drop to closing everyday so that might have something to do with it!

I'm 5'5" and have slept on it rather than the sofa sleeper. Definitely more comfortable but did not leave any stretching room. You'd want to be a quiet sleeper - ie, not a lot of movement.

Ok, I actually really like the rooms. I'm not going to be buying any Riviera points, but I think I may actually stay there. I like that 1 Bedroom set up a lot.

I do love that 1 BR. But, it’s really hard for me to justify our buying there when: DH bad I will be in our 90s at the end of the contract; we don’t know that our then-adult kids will want to visit WDW every year; and, the resale restrictions are so crappy. The resale restrictions are really THE biggest factor, as reasons #1 and #2 would be less of a big deal. :\

My thoughts exactly. Maybe thats why I’m not so excited about Riviera’s decor. I already have it ( and nicer IMO) at VGF.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe thats why I’m not so excited about Riviera’s decor. I already have it ( and nicer IMO) at VGF.

I think that's a big part for me too. And I like the quiet little VGF building with its location and views of the Happiest Place. :goodvibes Activity when you want but still a rather quiet little corner. Will be there on Tuesday!

The 1BR layout is almost exactly like VGF's (except a little smaller, maybe?). For whatever reason the finishings (cabinets) also look a little more "Ikea" than it did in the studio walkthrough that was posted earlier this week. Maybe I just didn't notice it because I was so excited by that video.

Thank you, @Spartan86 . It was good to see video rather than snapshots. It gives a better feel for the layout.

I’m just not feeling the galley kitchen and banquette table setup. It doesn’t say “luxury” to me. It harkens back to the days when we crammed a family of 8 in a 16-foot travel trailer. And if I wanted that, I’d rent a camper and head to The Fort.

We own at BWV, so I don’t see us buying at DRR. But like CCV, we will probably stay there once just to try it out..

Did you get any "goodies" after the tour. they used to give out Pins when a new resort was opening.
No, it is a very informal, short duration, largely self guided tour - the 2/3 PM general owners tour. I can’t say what you might see from a scheduled, personal viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter