Rivers of light looks so cool

We didn't care for it. I thought it was underwhelming and lacked a cohesive narrative. All three of our 9 year olds all thought it looked nice, but our son said he thought it was a "snoozefest." The girls were somewhat non-committal.

Animal Kingdom itself is a cool park to be in at night though.

That said, I recommend you see it once and decide for yourself if it's your thing. That's the only way to know for sure.

I was very much looking forward to Rivers of Light. Sadly, when I finally got to see it last summer, I was underwhelmed by it. It wasn't awful, it just didn't stand up to the Disney reputation. The story was lacking for me. It came across as a bunch of unrelated show elements just stuck together. Visually, it is still nice, but at least in my opinion, it is not what it was intended to be, and fails to tell the story that it should tell.

Can you get a 4th FP for ROL? If not, how is standby? Should I get a dinner package? I have dining plan.
If there is more than 1 show it is much easier to see than when there is only 1 show.
When there is 1 show stand by is typically very limited and hard to get. As is a 4th FP
When there are more, it's very easy to do the 2nd (or 3rd) shows stand by or as a 4th FP
I believe the dining package at TH is only a small upcharge but not sure how it alters with dining plan. If you are paying OOP I know the dining package is usually a good deal. We typically go with that since I know we are going to eat at one of the participating restaurants anyway.

I have a FP for this in March. I do like to see everything at least once. I understand the indifference though; I feel the same way ("meh") about Fantasmic and haven't bothered with it in years.

We like it but feel it could've been longer with a better ending. Just be aware they still don't seem to have all the kinks out of it and it's sometimes prone to cancellation for technical difficulties

Now I don’t use a wheelchair but I am not steady on my feet when it comes to stairs any way for me to view the show

Dh will be in a ecv if that makes a difference

Since he’s in a scooter and will be in seating for scooter users, won’t you be there, too? I wouldn’t think you would need to worry about stairs if you’re with him.

(I couldn't focus on robo’s map while on my cell, so I might be missing something)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter