Rivers of light looks so cool

It has gotten a surprising number of "mixed reviews" here on the DIS.

I liked it on YouTube... was very underwhelmed in person. Part of that may have been the sardine seating and that was with a dinner package. It was lovely to see once. Not sure we would spend the time to see it again.

Now I don’t use a wheelchair but I am not steady on my feet when it comes to stairs any way for me to view the show

Dh will be in a ecv if that makes a difference

Now I don’t use a wheelchair but I am not steady on my feet when it comes to stairs any way for me to view the show

RoL-Seating-West_022517_zpsjbmibnbv.jpg

We love Rivers of Light! No, it isn't a crazy big spectacular of fireworks like some of the other nighttime shows, but the music is fantastic. Pay attention before the show actually starts, you'll start to see "shadows" of animals and "fireflies" in the trees surrounding the stadium. It's subtle but really cool. The water screens are really incredible when you think about what it takes to make something like that work.

We also kind of appreciate getting to have a seat. Yes it's a little tight, but SO much nicer than battling to protect your spot at MK or EP! :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

We absolutely loved it. There's an awful lot going on and a lot of it is quite subtle. I sometimes wonder if the people who didn't like it actually missed a good portion of the show--pay attention, there's quite a bit that you could miss. We thought it was a beautiful serene moment in a wonderful week that was all in all a little short on serenity, or subtlety for that matter.

Just a lil info on our viewing that night...

1st off: We've been to WDW more than 15 times, have seen plenty of shows throughout the years, and all many multiples...

With that said, we went into it with the anticipation of this. It's something new No matter what it'll be a change up. So we really didn't have enormous expectations. Even if things are somewhat bad ,whether it be a ride, or show, resort, or restaurant (Other than Tony's) we always find something positive in it.

That night we went to ROL, it was mid/late Aug. so obviously rather warm...This might have played into it as well..But we did have excellent seats..Either the last row in E, or 1st row in I. and the 3 thru 6 to the left. * So right at the walkway basically to exit.*

When we got seated, there was just a long waiting period b4 something came over the P.A. system. And that was basically just a n update for this show about to start..They did this probably 3 times....But while this was going on the 4 boats did come out and basically rotated around the lake for what seemed like a long time. Once the actual music started and the lights and water, it was ok, just meh, and never really picked up any steam...It just felt like it was a lingering lull, with no end in sight...No highs or lows.. When it finally ended, we were like, "Is that it"?

So I wouldn't, and didn't say horrible, but just something I don't think we'll return to....Add in the fact that it was hot, which might have swayed our mood/decision..Who knows?:confused3

I saw it last month and to be honest didn't have high expectations. I just wanted to see it after it had been hyped for so long (and delayed openings). I actually loved it! Did fastpass, had a good seat. It's kind of a one and done like Fantasmic, not an every trip must see.

Can you get a 4th FP for ROL? If not, how is standby? Should I get a dinner package? I have dining plan.

It was a one and done for us. I like pretty so I thought that it might be OK. We were just bored, frankly. It wasn't awful, but I wouldn't bother to spend the time watching it again.

Can you get a 4th FP for ROL? If not, how is standby? Should I get a dinner package? I have dining plan.

Sometimes you can get it as a 4th FP, sometimes it's long gone.

Whether you do standby, fast pass, or dining package.. You'll want to show up at least 45 min prior to showtime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter