Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

We experienced very little interaction by the cast members that could not be interpreted as directions for getting in the transport/line or room quickly and perhaps this impacted our experience. The most interaction was trying to load us into the vehicles which felt very awkward as an immersive element and was much more like every other ride loading experience but more rushed and confusing with the colors since none of that was really mentioned. The guards only "barked" orders to move up in line and stand on a color, so basically ride directions in a slightly less friendly manner.

Star Tours is OK, but I think the interactivity of Smugglers Run is more fun (especially for pilots). Especially if as someone hinted a while ago somewhere, they add missions in the future. Currently Star Tours does have more variety. Would be really interesting if in-ride you could actually steer through different paths in some mission of Smugglers Run. It's got so much more potential as a simulator.

Are the hydraulics in Smuggler's Run more like Star Tours or Rise? I imagine it isn't quite as rough being newer. The 3D probably doesn't help Star Tours either. It shouldn't be the actual storyline; the high speed vertical reentry of Rise isn't any less wild than the near-crash landing on Hoth that I got on Tours Sunday.

Are the hydraulics in Smuggler's Run more like Star Tours or Rise? I imagine it isn't quite as rough being newer. The 3D probably doesn't help Star Tours either. It shouldn't be the actual storyline; the high speed vertical reentry of Rise isn't any less wild than the near-crash landing on Hoth that I got on Tours Sunday.

I would say hydraulics are similar but for me, motion sickness is way more about visuals than motion - I'm fine on my real world ships and things unless its hours of rough seas. Smugglers Run has never made me even slightly sick, the VR in Star Tours only bothers me sometimes, but like I said FOP was extremely bad for me. The end drop sequence in ROTR also did not affect me at all.

I would say hydraulics are similar but for me, motion sickness is way more about visuals than motion - I'm fine on my real world ships and things unless its hours of rough seas. Smugglers Run has never made me even slightly sick, the VR in Star Tours only bothers me sometimes, but like I said FOP was extremely bad for me. The end drop sequence in ROTR also did not affect me at all.

I'm not so good with planes, which is why the sensation of motion on Star Tours didn't sit well with me. You're probably right, it's probably the visuals more than the movement itself.

The only way the drop affected me was by scaring the bejesus out of me, although I had already known there was *a* drop on the ride and they did you the small courtesy of showing a few pods across the way dropping on the screen. The actual sim was okay.

I'd probably at least like to try FoP since it's supposed to be so good, even amongst people who don't care for sims. I'll have to Ride Rise a few more times if I want to be brave enough for LCPR though. Rollercoasters are a whole different animal.

For those who have been to SW, this felt like the penguin ride without the spinning and quick stops and starts.
After we exited and were discussing the trackless ride systems at the various parks, I said it at first felt like Penguin at SW. So, I’m glad I’m not the first to think that thought. 😊

The full immersion, attention to detail, and character integrity was great! DD’s a show and parade CM and JTA was her first show; she is fully aware of Lucasfilm’s requirement of attention to detail and “show” and felt RotR was spot on. The massive sets were impressive!

We watched RoS on Monday and rode Star Tours right before our BG was called. So we were very much into SW immersion.

The only drawback was that we entered the line at 8:30a and exited at 9:37. The flow was lacking and one of the women in our transport grouping kept spinning in circles while we waited to load which was annoying after quite a few minutes. We were the 4th row to load and weren’t given any directives but it was fine due to the process of elimination. Overall, we enjoyed RotR and look forward to riding it at DLand!

Our family (6 of us) all loved the ride. The drop was our favorite part.

I loved the way you entered and exited the transport ship from the same door.

Some very minor nip picks:
  • When door opened and we were in the hangar bay, it was hard hearing the troops that boarded the ship - I can't remember if there was music playing or not, but we couldn't hear them for the first 5 - 10 seconds.
  • While we were being led through the hangar bay, one CM was interacting with us - there was another CM standing there and it looked like he was texting. I'm hoping he was actually performing some 'task' (whether part of the story or texting to maintenance or something), but even if he was, it came across like he wasn't paying attention and was texting.
  • There was some awkward standing around before we were led to a cell. Could have just been some abnormal down time. I think the CMs did the best they could there, though.
  • When we were broken out of the cell, it was also hard to hear the CMs at first - and this time, I was standing right where they broke through the wall.
  • Eventually, we heard them and they were hurrying us into the car... then we sat there. Again, could have been an abnormal delay, but we probably waited 20 - 30 seconds. Didn't feel the urgency of a jail break.
  • That piece of the ship that blocks Kylo at the end is pretty bad. I wish they would have figured out something that looks more natural than that piece that is clearly rotating down.
Like I said, those are very minor nitpicks. It a great ride experience.

Have risen Rotr 4 times now. Have enjoyed the ride quite a bit. Today was the only time I saw an mayor difference. The kylo ren animatronic at the end of the experience where the wall gets blown out right before the escape pod drop was not functioning. So instead of that he appeared in a tie interceptor in the screen. The hull does not get breached and instead you watch him get shot out of sky before proceeding to be evacuated.

Definitely a sub par option "b".

Also of note, today's CM's were the least interactive of the 4 days I rode.

Have risen Rotr 4 times now. Have enjoyed the ride quite a bit. Today was the only time I saw an mayor difference. The kylo ren animatronic at the end of the experience where the wall gets blown out right before the escape pod drop was not functioning. So instead of that he appeared in a tie interceptor in the screen. The hull does not get breached and instead you watch him get shot out of sky before proceeding to be evacuated.

Definitely a sub par option "b".

Also of note, today's CM's were the least interactive of the 4 days I rode.
Kylo has been giving a lot of issues

Was the Kylo animatronic removed for that last scene? Crazy. I rode 4 times and the only variant I saw was the bridge Kylo was still. Kinda funny that the Kylo animatronic is giving all the trouble. He’s so prissy :)

Walking into the star destroyer and seeing the huge "window" into space and all the troopers masses in formation I honestly got misty eyed. I'm not kidding. I wish I could have been on it when I was 12

Also we had no last Kylo scene. Someone told me he tries to force grab the cart or whatever? We had bupkis. :( Just the tie fighter getting shot away.

Also we had no last Kylo scene. Someone told me he tries to force grab the cart or whatever? We had bupkis. :( Just the tie fighter getting shot away.

That Kylo scene isn't that great anyway. The animatronic just sort of waves his hands vaguely for a short time and then the panel very slowly arcs down and covers him. It's pretty unconvincing.

Wow, I disagree. The ending Kylo scene was really cool. Especially when the window blows out with the fan effects.

Wild to hear Kylo is gone from that scene sometimes. Will he be the new Yeti? When do the strobe lights go in? Lolz

So . . . .I have not been on the ride but from watching the videos it seems to me we should have been sucked out into space (like the Kylo Ren scene) when the cannons were shooting through the windows and also at the launch of the ITS we should have smashed into the rock it was sitting under.. . . . IMHO!

So . . . .I have not been on the ride but from watching the videos it seems to me we should have been sucked out into space (like the Kylo Ren scene) when the cannons were shooting through the windows and also at the launch of the ITS we should have smashed into the rock it was sitting under.. . . . IMHO!

We didn't get suck out the window where the canons are shooting for the same reason we didn't get sucked out of the hangar with the stormtroopers...A forcefield. It allows the blasts through when the canons go forward and connects with field. Leaving us a-okay.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am pregnant and am going in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me where the "chicken exit" is or how far I can go through the attraction before exiting, as the ride is not recommended for expectant mothers? Thank you.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am pregnant and am going in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me where the "chicken exit" is or how far I can go through the attraction before exiting, as the ride is not recommended for expectant mothers? Thank you.
You can go all the way to before the interrogation cell.

Now I’m trying to imagine what a First Order officer would say to a pregnant womano clearly can’t board the vehicle while staying in character seeing as they think we are just going to stand in a cell...”You there. You are clearly a First Order sympathizer. We will not interrogate you. Go this way.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter