Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

I'm so happy you got to experience it. Isn't it impressive
So impressive. It was a rough day for the ride so I didn’t fully appreciate the queue since were were stuck in it for so long. Overall though the experience is fantastic.

I have a question that I assume folks can answer in this thread. We rode but I was so absorbed in the experience that I didn't study or pay attention to see if it was set up for someone to skip parts. I'm thinking not but honestly don't know
It is about someone who wouldn't want to ride the motion simulation part, but do the rest of the experience.
Is there a way for them to avoid just that, a semi-chicken exit?
I'm going back next week with a friend and she doesn't do much riding but does love Star Wars and I know would love to do most of the attraction, just not the actual ride portion. If she would end up missing almost all of it then

CM are not in the entire queue, only in specific spots. In those spots you will get the interaction while you wait. I'm really hoping the acting stays consistent and people understand that they are First Order and they are not going to smile, or be friendly
I joked and told DH that these are the only CM in all of Disney that are not supposed to ever smile, LOL

I have a question that I assume folks can answer in this thread. We rode but I was so absorbed in the experience that I didn't study or pay attention to see if it was set up for someone to skip parts. I'm thinking not but honestly don't know
It is about someone who wouldn't want to ride the motion simulation part, but do the rest of the experience.
Is there a way for them to avoid just that, a semi-chicken exit?
I'm going back next week with a friend and she doesn't do much riding but does love Star Wars and I know would love to do most of the attraction, just not the actual ride portion. If she would end up missing almost all of it then

I joked and told DH that these are the only CM in all of Disney that are not supposed to ever smile, LOL
There is a way to exit after the pre show and transport, before they take you into the interrogation cells

Just got off the ride and 'disco Kylo' is once again in effect, while he was working fine last night. Clearly that final room is causing problems.

Is there any Photopass on this ride? If so, at what point? I presume it would be during the later ride vehicle part, but I don't recall seeing any mention of Photopass in any reviews.

Voice of dissension here. While I enjoyed the ride and the massive quality of the sets, I don’t feel the need to ride again and again the way I do Flight of Passage, Everest, Safari, to name a few.

The element of surprise that first time added heavily to the experience. That is gone now, and the ride doesn’t hold the same allure for me. I certainly won’t go to the trouble of securing a boarding group again.

Even once it goes to fastpass, if the tiering in HS persists, I’m more likely to select Toy Story Mania or Rockin Roller Coaster.

Just a good example that nothing is ever everyone’s best/favorite. There’s always some that are eh or even dislike something. Nothing at all wrong with that either

while yes the element of surprise is gone there was so much to see that I need more rides to absorb it all

Now that I have had the chance to experience ROTR twice over Marathon Weekend, I have one detail question about the story. What is the name of Leia’s resistance base that recruits are supposed to keep secret? It sounded to us like Bacara or Pacara or something like that, but we weren’t sure.

I‘m pretty sure nothing with a name like this appears in any of the movies. Is there anything with the same name in any of the other “canon” materials in the Star Wars stories, like some of the books, comics, video games, or anything else?

In case I break down on a future visit and want to reveal the site to the First Order, I need to know exactly what to say.

Now that I have had the chance to experience ROTR twice over Marathon Weekend, I have one detail question about the story. What is the name of Leia’s resistance base that recruits are supposed to keep secret? It sounded to us like Bacara or Pacara or something like that, but we weren’t sure.

I‘m pretty sure nothing with a name like this appears in any of the movies. Is there anything with the same name in any of the other “canon” materials in the Star Wars stories, like some of the books, comics, video games, or anything else?

In case I break down on a future visit and want to reveal the site to the First Order, I need to know exactly what to say.

pacara. First time mentioned.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Pacara

Only had the chance to ride it once but IMO it has saved Galaxies Edge - the ride is tip top. Much better than Smugglers Run - only real appeal there to me is walking through the falcon - the ride itself is blah.

Despite how much I love ROTR, I can't help but long for what could have been. ROTR based upon the original trilogy with Vader chasing you around would have multiplied that ride by 2 or 3 for me. I still say the mouse missed the boat by not basing the land on the original trilogy. Should have been Tatooine.

Voice of dissension here. While I enjoyed the ride and the massive quality of the sets, I don’t feel the need to ride again and again the way I do Flight of Passage, Everest, Safari, to name a few.

The element of surprise that first time added heavily to the experience. That is gone now, and the ride doesn’t hold the same allure for me. I certainly won’t go to the trouble of securing a boarding group again.

Even once it goes to fastpass, if the tiering in HS persists, I’m more likely to select Toy Story Mania or Rockin Roller Coaster.

I think I may have liked it slightly better than you, but not by much. It is a solid ride and the sets are epic but the fact that it is separated with a queue in the middle totally took me out of the story and really bothered me.

I have ridden twice and glad I did. I am going to be back in the boarding group hunt next month in DL for my friend’s first time but if it were up to me I wouldn’t bother. FOP, on the other hand, I love.

Glad it turned out as well as it did and people love it! It really is a fantastic ride, it just isn’t towards the top for me.

I think I may have liked it slightly better than you, but not by much. It is a solid ride and the sets are epic but the fact that it is separated with a queue in the middle totally took me out of the story and really bothered me.

I have ridden twice and glad I did. I am going to be back in the boarding group hunt next month in DL for my friend’s first time but if it were up to me I wouldn’t bother. FOP, on the other hand, I love.

Glad it turned out as well as it did and people love it! It really is a fantastic ride, it just isn’t towards the top for me.
Completely agree.

Same. I think I'll do it again with people that are newbies or want to ride it. I do not have to go through the hassle of obtaining the boarding pass for it.

Yes, the cast members are incredible, i really hope they're able to keep this level of interaction and not get "disneyfied" because they're menacing and a bit intimidating. That's what makes that whole portion of the attraction come to life
I tried making conversation with one and he said "you're awfully chipper for someone's who's about to be interrogated"
I'll post my full thoughts a bit later. But yeah, this attraction doesn't disappoint and can't really be overhyped

Before I go back and read this entire thread I wanted to bring up your experience from the first page. The first time we rode RotR was the second day it opened and I felt the same way about the CM's interaction. They made the ride special. We rode it today for the second time and the menacing and intimidation was absent. The CM's no longer did that. I was rather disappointed that they stopped that part of it.

Based on my 2 experiences last week, that interaction with cast members might be hit or miss. On my first time through, the cast members, especially one in the interrogation cell, were really playing the role of First Order officers dealing with Resistance scum. On the second time through the CMs were much more matter of fact and getting the guests organized for the move to the ride vehicle.

It might just be that some CMs are better and more confident actors than others.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter