Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After four days it certainly seems like Verizon is working somewhat more quickly than the other networks.

But getting the button to turn red is clearly the bigger issue, and seems independent of both carriers and phone type.

This is also a very good idea for anyone at TPO who may come across this thread.

They clearly just lazily repurposed the Maxpass code for this, your idea would force them to do some actual programming, but it is a much better idea.
Yeah reused existing code.

Anything new will require coding; testing; fielding -- all fraught with potential pitfalls.

That's why I believe execs will maintain this for at least next 2 weeks to gauge response to the lower non-holiday crowds and weekday crowds while gaining capacity on the ride side.

If BGs last a few minutes - they won't pull the trigger for new process -- I know I wouldn't.

I didn't get a group today. Is there a way to delete people linked to my account? I have 9 people and 5 weren't in the park. Unclicking them takes a lot of time which is why I think I missed out. Wife forgot to unclick one and that killed our chances too

I don't know why they didn't just do this from the beginning. Have an option on the app to "click for your chance to be entered into the boarding group lottery" once you scan into the park. Have it be a popup notification. Then, people who are interested can do that, and once the park opens, you get another popup letting you know if you "won" or not. It seems that would be a much smaller burden on their system and will allow for people to truly have a fair shot. Provide kiosks in the entrance plaza for people without the app.
This is the best and perhaps only suggestion I’ve seen so far that has the possibility of improving the system without causing other issues, like people arriving at 2 am or massive standby lines. We’ll see; if it stays crazy, maybe they’ll move to something like this.

I didn't get a group today. Is there a way to delete people linked to my account? I have 9 people and 5 weren't in the park. Unclicking them takes a lot of time which is why I think I missed out. Wife forgot to unclick one and that killed our chances too
Yeah, go into your tickets and delete them. I deleted my husband on Friday because he wasn’t with us.

This is the best and perhaps only suggestion I’ve seen so far that has the possibility of improving the system without causing other issues, like people arriving at 2 am or massive standby lines. We’ll see; if it stays crazy, maybe they’ll move to something like this.
They do a lottery at one of the Asian parks. This system wasn’t really intended to be a lottery.

Yes, there should be a button to delete the ticket/passport. Go to Tickets & Passes under your account info menu. You might have to scroll down to see the button to unlink the ticket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-083647.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-083647.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20200120-083755.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-083755.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 34
This is the challenge of BG going in 1 minute. My hope is with lower crowds AND increased capacity after week 1 of shakedown; the time will increase to a reasonable 5-10minutes for regular. Then it gives a fighting chance despite tech glitches on the app.

If not and stays the gone in 60 sec mode - I would advocate for a simple virtual lottery to further reduce crowds and improve planning experience until capacity increase to the 5minute time.
I agree with this. i followed the WDW thread for over a month and this gone in seconds for four days in a row never happened there. They had a couple days around the holidays that were quick, but not like this. They will have to do something if it keeps up. IT seems to be more of an issue here, too, which IMO is unacceptable.

After four days it certainly seems like Verizon is working somewhat more quickly than the other networks.
Which is ironic given the brought to you by ATT message I see every time I open the app, LOL!

I agree with this. i followed the WDW thread for over a month and this gone in seconds for four days in a row never happened there. They had a couple days around the holidays that were quick, but not like this. They will have to do something if it keeps up. IT seems to be more of an issue here, too, which IMO is unacceptable.

Which is ironic given the brought to you by ATT message I see every time I open the app, LOL!

I think this critique I can agree with. I think the difference is the park hopping situation at disneyland. A lot less people buy non hopper tickets at DL. So now naturally everyone and their mom are going to start the day at Disneyland park to try for a boarding group. If I go to Disneyland for 5 days I’m gonna try for that ride every single day. If I go to world for 10 days, but I’m only planning HS for 2, then I’m only trying twice.

How are those of you trying at home finding out what Boarding Group you're placed in? I get the page saying that the person(Me) is not in the park. Do I need to have my box unchecked on the prior screen that asks about who is in the party?

You aren't able to actually pull a boarding group from home. You can simply practice the process of clicking through and attempting to join. And it appears the ride is already open for the day calling groups 10 - 19 just before 9am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter