Riding Splash Mountain

These threads crack me up. Why ride splash mountain if you don’t want to get wet? Half the fun of it is the risk that you might get drenched.

I know, Orlando has days in the winter that are too cold to ride. So don’t ride splash on cold days.

In response to this specific post, the high today in Orlando is 86° and there are looming thunderstorms. If you get wet, it will feel good. And if you don’t get wet from splash mountain, you’ll probably get wet from the rain later.

If you insist on trying to stay dry, my advice is to sit behind someone tall! °O°

The thing is, there's getting wet, and then there's getting soaked to the point that your socks are squishy, which is unpleasant. Sure, I want to get a bit splashed on the ride, if my shirt gets wet, I'm good with that. It'll dry. I just have no desire to get drenched and have to walk around all day like that. If I wanted that I'd go ride Kali River Rapids!

These threads crack me up. Why ride splash mountain if you don’t want to get wet? Half the fun of it is the risk that you might get drenched.

I know, Orlando has days in the winter that are too cold to ride. So don’t ride splash on cold days.

In response to this specific post, the high today in Orlando is 86° and there are looming thunderstorms. If you get wet, it will feel good. And if you don’t get wet from splash mountain, you’ll probably get wet from the rain later.

If you insist on trying to stay dry, my advice is to sit behind someone tall! °O°
Getting my shirt, face, hair wet - that will feel good.

Getting socks and shoes soaked and then walking around for hours - I'll get blisters

(We bring crocs or water shoes to change into before riding Kali, an then use a towel to dry our feet before putting socks and sneakers back on after the ride. Not sure what we'll do when we no longer have a stroller with a basket to store the water shoes!)

My heart agrees with you. It's a water ride, you're going to get wet...that's partly the point. Personally, unless you encounter a really odd circumstance, I don't think Splash will completely drench you. It's DWs favorite ride, I can't count how many times I've been on it and never been what I would consider drenched.

On the other hand, I truly can see the other side. Splash has a lot of other things to see. The big drop at the end aside, it's a fun ride. So I can fully appreciate why people who don't want to get wet at all would want to ride it. Now Kali...that's just a water ride. Not much to see there anymore. Only reason to get on that is to get wet...and that one can definitely drench you to the bone. On a hot summer day, I love it!! In the winter, no thanks.

Agreed. It’s like. That’s the point of the ride!

It's part of the fun that riding Splash Mountain is like gambling. Even if you sit in the perfect spot and wear your dollar poncho, one odd bump around the corner and you get a face-full of bromine-flavored water. At least it's not like Jurassic, where they removed all pretense that it was possible to stay dry.

Because my kids like water rides and I like to ride things with them :thumbsup2 I have been completely drenched on Splash, but it is a well-themed ride and I enjoy all but the drenching. I draw the line at Kali - I am the keeper of the stuff while the rest of the family rides.

We have gotten soaked on Splash multiple times. Last trip DW and I had our ponchos so wore them. Splash is one of my favourite rides....the story, the length, music, and yes, the drop....not the getting wet part. If it was just the splash from the drop that would be fine but the part where we tend to get quite wet are getting stuck beside waterfall part and the splash from other people coming down the drop. I don't enjoy walking around wet, especially when we're there in cooler months. I'm sure when we go in September I'll gladly get wet. Kali is a no-go for us after having ridden it once. We all got soaked right through and ended up going back to the resort to change (thankfully we were just at AKV).

It's funny, of all the times I've ridden Splash Mountain I can't say I've ever gotten drenched. Wet, absolutely. But not drenched. Even on Kali River Rapids, unless you're in the "right" seat you might not get very wet. It can be really hit or miss.
When I think of drenched I think of the Popeye ride at Universal, lol.

I think my butt gets the wettest sitting on the seat( love the idea of getting paper towels from the bathroom before riding!!) I most always get a little wet but never drenched. Now Kali river rapids is a whole different story!!! I always get absolutely drenched EVERY time. It’s always the last ride before we go back to the resort in the afternoon

Last year it did not matter where anyone sat our whole log was drenched before the initial first climb. As we pulled around and started to watch the logs come down (at the start of the ride), we got dumped on. That was the most we had ever been drenched on that ride. We were soaked!

This is our daughter’s favorite ride so we’ve been on it A LOT! I’m convinced there is no seat to stay dry. It seems completely random and we’ve all gotten soaked in different seats.

I’m at the point now where I always where a poncho. I don’t mind being a little bit wet especially when it’s really hot but I’ve gotten SO soaked on that ride before that it’s affected the rest of my day so I don’t risk it now.

Just get a cheap 99 cent poncho and throw it out when you are done.

I attached our recent picture on the ride and my husband and son look so funny in their ponchos hunched over! Lol....And that’s me trying to get my hood back up because it flew back at the last second. My daughter actually wasn’t on it with us this time because she was down there with the band doing her own thing.

Attachments

• E6456824-4C9F-497E-8AC8-2853211D097C.jpeg
    E6456824-4C9F-497E-8AC8-2853211D097C.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 34
If you wear a poncho, it won’t prevent socks and shoes from getting drenched!!!

Like the others, I’ve never gotten drenched on splash mountain. I’m sure you CAN get drenched on it when they have all the cannons firing, but that’s only on blistering hot summer days.

We never get drenched on Splash Mountain. Splashed, wet spots on my shorts, but that's it.

Kali River Rapids - soaked to the bone. Took forever to dry out! :)

I really think the deciding factor on if you get wet or drenched is if you get backed up on the left side of the logs coming down the big drop- if you are stuck there when a log comes down and the water hits you- that's it. You'll be soaked down to underwear and socks.

We love splash and understand it is a water ride. We expect to get SPLASHED not drenched. If you get stuck at the base of the first lifthill and a boat comes down the hill you will get a bucket load of water dumped into your seat from the cannon. They added the cannon during the last refurb. Last time we rode it we took a direct hit and had so much water in our seat it had to drain out the drain holes. We were in an inch of water for several minutes before it drained. My wife was miserable walking around in soaked pants.

I wish they would just shut that thing off. The rest of the splashyness is fine with us.

My children hate Splash. They don't like any water ride. We have not ridden it in years because they are really too old for me to take a change of clothes every time we go. However, this time, at the end of this month, will be our last trip for a while, so I have made a FP for it. They will just have to get over it so that I can ride!! I am going to take ponchos for us though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter