• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riding Splash Mountain

Left side looking forward, as far to the rear as possible, we tell the CM that we'll wait a turn to get the last row. Take a hand towel or grab paper towels from a restroom to wipe the seat before you sit down.

Bill From PA

Left side in case you get stuck by the small waterfall that can splash the person on the right side near the end of the ride. I have never been drenched by the big drop. I have gotten the most wet from the water squirting before you go up the lift hill as another boat comes down the drop.

We typically start our first day in MK in Fronteirland, and hit Splash Mountain right after BTMRR. We never got too soaked. There is that little water fall type thing on the right hand side at the end of the ride. If the logs back up to unload, sometimes we get stuck right near it. Still it doesn't get us drenched. It just splashes in the log a bit.

Left side in case you get stuck by the small waterfall that can splash the person on the right side near the end of the ride. I have never been drenched by the big drop. I have gotten the most wet from the water squirting before you go up the lift hill as another boat comes down the drop.

This! I always get in first so I'm on the left side. You cant do much about the drop but that darn waterfall after the drop can really soak you lol especially if the logs are backed up!

Left (meaning get in first).

But if that canon hits you, everyone is getting wet. Wear a poncho if you’re worried. Plenty of people do it that it’s not that odd.

I am so glad OP asked this question. This is our fist trip and I am super nervous about this. We have a dinner reservation after our FP for this ride. we will def used our ponchos now.

Correct. Left or right doesn't matter much for the splashes on the drops, but when you park by that waterfall, you definitely don't want to be on the right side!

IMO, it truly makes no difference whatsoever. The "left vs right" is just myth. It depends on who is in the boat, where they are sitting, the timing of the splash, etc...

The only difference is after the big drop, if the boats are backed up, you will stop next to a waterfall. If you're on the right, you may get some light spray as you sit there and wait your turn. But even that only lasts a few seconds and won't "drench" you.

IMO, it truly makes no difference whatsoever. The "left vs right" is just myth. It depends on who is in the boat, where they are sitting, the timing of the splash, etc...

The only difference is after the big drop, if the boats are backed up, you will stop next to a waterfall. If you're on the right, you may get some light spray as you sit there and wait your turn. But even that only lasts a few seconds and won't "drench" you.

Yeah, but one time we got held up there for close to 10 minutes. I got drenched! Normally you aren't there long enough to worry about it, but It can happen.

Yeah, but one time we got held up there for close to 10 minutes. I got drenched! Normally you aren't there long enough to worry about it, but It can happen.

LOL. I have made that comment to DW. I'd hate to be stuck right there if the ride were to go down...unless it's a hot summer day in which case I'd love it.

These threads crack me up. Why ride splash mountain if you don’t want to get wet? Half the fun of it is the risk that you might get drenched.

I know, Orlando has days in the winter that are too cold to ride. So don’t ride splash on cold days.

In response to this specific post, the high today in Orlando is 86° and there are looming thunderstorms. If you get wet, it will feel good. And if you don’t get wet from splash mountain, you’ll probably get wet from the rain later.

If you insist on trying to stay dry, my advice is to sit behind someone tall! °O°

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter