• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

The thinking might be that it would be easier/faster to cut cable ties than to have to move a cupboard or couch event they must open those doors.

On another note, all you guys sound so calm, you should all be proud of how you have dealt with this hurricane.

Hope it is all over for you all really soon.

Sending thoughts and prayers from Australia

Yeah, zip ties can be extremely easy to break. I'm guess that was a half measure anyway. These winds are strong enough to pull open a door.

Out of curiosity did anyone see what they did with the pools on Saturday night? I'm wondering if they drained them.

Went for a walk around the second floor hallway of Kidani at about 11 and some drunk guy was trying to go outside. I feel bad for the two cast members who were trying to reason with him. He was cursing and belligerent. Hopefully security got there quickly.
The Savannah side of the lobby has been taking on water since prior to the worst of the storm hitting. I haven't been out of my room since my walk, so I don't know if it got worse. But cast members were there with wet vacs and towels trying to keep up with it.
Hoping everyone at AoA who was affected by the power outtage and fire alarm are settled somewhere safely.

Out of curiosity did anyone see what they did with the pools on Saturday night? I'm wondering if they drained them.
Apparently they don't drain pools for hurricanes. As a matter of fact if there is no other place to put pool furniture sometimes people throw it in their pool! Obviously not a great choice but in a pinch apparently it's a thing.

Yacht club here and our balcony door is letting water in, we have towels down to stop it spreading. Sounds worse now than anything so far. Still have power. We can see the big pool and the water is over the top.

Did you let Guest Services know. I mean I wouldn't want to change rooms but so that they could check to make sure it's not a bigger issue?

I wonder if Disney has to, sorry senior moment, fix the pools with chemicals before you get back into them? Oh, enough! I'm going to bed too!

Went for a walk around the second floor hallway of Kidani at about 11 and some drunk guy was trying to go outside. I feel bad for the two cast members who were trying to reason with him. He was cursing and belligerent. Hopefully security got there quickly.
The Savannah side of the lobby has been taking on water since prior to the worst of the storm hitting. I haven't been out of my room since my walk, so I don't know if it got worse. But cast members were there with wet vacs and towels trying to keep up with it.
Hoping everyone at AoA who was affected by the power outtage and fire alarm are settled somewhere safely.
OMG. Some one took "hurricane party " too seriously.

Did you let Guest Services know. I mean I wouldn't want to change rooms but so that they could check to make sure it's not a bigger issue?
Does anyone know where they put all those pool lounges? We left BC thurs evening and pool guy said they need to collect all pool lounges, chairs etc. ? That's a lot at SAB

I did not see what they did with the pools, but as a pool-owner in a hurricane alley - if there is an impending storm, you would normally drain the pool at least below the skimmers and turn the filter off - but, that might be more from the perspective of a homeowner that does not want to burn out and replace a 4-digit filter

But, I also think there are major problems with chemical imbalance if a pool overflows or even takes on too much untreated water - I would think at the very least that pools at Disney will be over or under treated tomorrow - I would expect that Disney
will have the pools closed until they chemically test safely

You would also not want to have a pool overflow because the chemicals from the pool water will harm grass and vegetation and vice versa

Does anyone know where they put all those pool lounges? We left BC thurs evening and pool guy said they need to collect all pool lounges, chairs etc. ? That's a lot at SAB

They moved them, i'm sorry i'm so tired. I'm not sure where they put them but I did see a post where they hid them behind smaller outbuildings by the pool. The tables were put upside down and put next to the pool fence.

I'm going to go to bed. We only lost power in the 2nd bedroom of our two bedroom at Kidani. Our wifi never went out. I can't wait to talk to my mom later on and everyone else who worried and prayed for us. Goodnight everyone and may you find your homes in tact when you return home if you are a Floridian and may your reunions with your loved ones be wonderful.

I've heard through another group that the Poly had a good sized tree come down and bungalow 19 lost its roof overnight. Trees down at Grand Floridian as well.

It'll be interesting to see pics of the aftermath in the morning, I hope everyone made it through safely!

Hope every one else stayed safe and got some rest!

Here at AoA, the beach loungers and tables at Cozy Cone pool were all stacked and I presume zip tied inside two or three of the cones.

I don't see any debris or downed trees out our window. The rain's stopped for now, but it's still pretty windy. We never lost power, and the pool doesn't look to be overflowing. Sidewalks aren't flooded either.

Well my family of five slept through all of it. It sounded like waves crashing outside here at CBR. All I can see are some dead palm tree fronds down.

Weather looks great for the rest of the day. With some luck maybe things open late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter