Rides I can do alone with 3 kids (7, 4, 3)

You know, I NEVER considered letting my 7.5 year old go on something like Matterhorn alone, or BTMR (his two favorites). That seemed neglectful, but I guess if I can see him walk to the front of the line...ESPECIALLY with Matterhorn because he'd fully be in sight? maybe I should see how that goes?

You know, I NEVER considered letting my 7.5 year old go on something like Matterhorn alone, or BTMR (his two favorites). That seemed neglectful, but I guess if I can see him walk to the front of the line...ESPECIALLY with Matterhorn because he'd fully be in sight? maybe I should see how that goes?
My granddaughter loves it. We started when she could do single rider (that was what she wanted for her 7th birthday) and we only allow rides where she is not sitting next to someone one. Then we have progressed to rides like Jumping Jellyfish because she likes it and I can see her. I have also allowed her to ride the Swings, because I can see most of the line and can see her on the ride. That said, she knows her way around the park, and knows what to do in an emergency if she is lost. (We've done the play acting with CMs.)

ETA - MOST of the time she has her "girl squad" or "supervisors" with her, so it is the rare times when grandma and auntie are in the park and not doing rides and I know she is bored, that we do this.

Her and her girl squad
12006240_10207891242822531_7172835331292075630_n.jpg

Kids are all different so I say go with your instinct. But if you want to send him through a line alone, Matterhorn seems like a good one to start with. If single rider is offered he might only be in line for a minute (I haven't been on this ride since it got FP - is there still single rider?). If he waits in the standard line and it's long enough to wind around, you can stand with him in line until it gets to the part where it splits. And he won't have to sit next to a stranger. Just be sure to take note of which side he goes on so you can wait at the correct exit.

Kids are all different so I say go with your instinct. But if you want to send him through a line alone, Matterhorn seems like a good one to start with. If single rider is offered he might only be in line for a minute (I haven't been on this ride since it got FP - is there still single rider?). If he waits in the standard line and it's long enough to wind around, you can stand with him in line until it gets to the part where it splits. And he won't have to sit next to a stranger. Just be sure to take note of which side he goes on so you can wait at the correct exit.
It still has single rider.

It still has single rider.

Matterhorn does have single rider, but it won't be a minute wait. We use single rider frequently and it's usually 10 minutes or so unless you go first thing or right after it has reopened from being closed. Splash Mountain, in my experience, usually has the shortest single rider wait as long as it's not a 100 degree day.

Matterhorn does have single rider, but it won't be a minute wait. We use single rider frequently and it's usually 10 minutes or so unless you go first thing or right after it has reopened from being closed. Splash Mountain, in my experience, usually has the shortest single rider wait as long as it's not a 100 degree day.
Like I said, I haven't been on it in a bit, but whenever I've done single rider in the past it has been walk on. It's how I would kill time when we're in the area and my partner has to use the restroom. But it probably varies a lot and I've just been lucky. You can see the line pretty well from the outside, so you can probably get a vague idea how long the wait will be before you make a decision.

Like I said, I haven't been on it in a bit, but whenever I've done single rider in the past it has been walk on. It's how I would kill time when we're in the area and my partner has to use the restroom. But it probably varies a lot and I've just been lucky. You can see the line pretty well from the outside, so you can probably get a vague idea how long the wait will be before you make a decision.

When we have done it, it is usually a 5-10 min wait. Usually, they will either go MaxPass, or single rider. FP line is slightly faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter