Ride pictures automatically linked to MM? True?

desnda93

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

I have seen people on here saying that your ride pictures automatically link to your MM. Is this true? Don't I have to a least scan my magic band somewhere near the ride?

Thanks in advance,

Des pixiedust:

Nope. It uses the RFID in your band and automatically transfers it. We used it recently and it worked really well.

The magic bands have a long range sensor that tells the system you are on the ride. That is the way videos are taken without you doing anything.

I have seen people on here saying that your ride pictures automatically link to your MM.

If you have a MagicBand, attraction photos are automatically linked to your PhotoPass account (regardless of Memory Maker purchase).

Attraction videos are only available to those that have purchased Memory Maker and have a MagicBand.

If you have a MagicBand, attraction photos are automatically linked to your PhotoPass account (regardless of Memory Maker purchase).

Attraction videos are only available to those that have purchased Memory Maker.

That last bit isn't true as far as viewing the videos. Not sure about purchasing.

My Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin pictures didn't link to my MDE account but pics from the 7 dwarfs ride showed up. The first time we went on BL I didn't think we needed to do anything and the second time the ride stopped for about 10 minutes while we were on it and the guy there said it will take a little while for everything to reset but we had to rush over to an ADR. This was just last week.

You don't need photopass or memorymaker to be able to view ride photos or videos. It's sent to your MDE account and able to view/purchase if you wish

You don't need photopass or memorymaker to be able to view ride photos or videos. It's sent to your MDE account and able to view/purchase if you wish

When you select 'Disney PhotoPass' in MDE, it redirects you to MyDisneyPhotoPass.com which is where you will view/purchase the photos.

My Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin pictures didn't link to my MDE account but pics from the 7 dwarfs ride showed up. The first time we went on BL I didn't think we needed to do anything and the second time the ride stopped for about 10 minutes while we were on it and the guy there said it will take a little while for everything to reset but we had to rush over to an ADR. This was just last week.

Buzz didn't link for us either at the beginning of Jan. We are missing 4 pictures and Photo Pass can't find any of them. Got a nice email from them saying how sorry they are but there is nothing they can do. All of the other ride photos showed up automatically.

You only get the video is you have purchased Memory Maker - they infomred us of this when we were there in september. Also, the person who is the main on your account is the only one that the video will attach to

You only get the video is you have purchased Memory Maker - they infomred us of this when we were there in september. Also, the person who is the main on your account is the only one that the video will attach to

I was there in October and had videos for 7DMT and ToT. No Memory Maker. I viewed it but did not purchase ($14.95 I think). My iPad camera accidentally picked up the video when I was viewing it on my computer ;).

We are at the parks now and it has picked up all our ride pictures so far. We have not done Buzz Lightyear yet but so not sure if that one works.

All of the rides we went on last week automatically added the photos, including Buzz. I didn't know this at the time and still scanned my band so we ended up with duplicate ride photos.

My Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin pictures didn't link to my MDE account
This happened to us the first time through as well. We tapped here after that, but the others all seemed to work.

Buzz must be glitchy. We rode several times and some pictures showed up, some didn't. All other rides showed up no problem.

I didn't have Memory Maker and I still got video. This was in October. I did not purchase it though but I could view it. Also I was not the main person but it still was put in my account as well as the main persons.

Buzz must be glitchy. We rode several times and some pictures showed up, some didn't. All other rides showed up no problem.

With Buzz sometimes we got our photos and sometimes we got another persons photos. Some random dude showed up in my photos. I wonder if he got my missing ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter