• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review of Czech Republic, Germany, Austria Trip!

PixiePrincess310

Earning My Ears
Ok. Folks, you asked for it so here is a day by day rundown of our trip. We traveled with Stephanie and Dean, our Adventure Tour Guides on the first week of this new itinerary.

Day -02 - We arrived in Prague 2 days early so we could see everything and stayed at the House at the Big Boot (Dum u velke boty at Vlasska 333/30) in the Little Quarter. I've left comments about this property earlier - very well recommended by Trip Advisor. Our room was lovely, had a phone, faced the front of the property, just across the street from the German Embassy and up the street from the US Embassy (plenty of security) on a quiet street. There is heat for the winter but no AC. This was not an issue for us since the rooms stayed fairly cool during the days and were perfect at night. This could be more of an issue in say, August. I couldn't get over how quiet the property is. The building, and the entire street is several hundred years old.

We definitely suggest you go early since you will spend very little time at most sights. Keep in mind that all churches/cathedrals are closed on Sundays for mass and most businesses close around 6pm for the day.

Day 1 - We got to the Marriott at 2:30 and everyone in our group (other than 2 families) had already checked in with Dean and Steph. If you plan to leave the city to see other sites, this day is not a good option b/c you may not make it back in time to meet them by 3pm. The Marriott is east of the Old City by a few blocks and is a manageable walk past the Opera House and the original entrance gate to the city (10 minutes max unless you are with older guests.) There is a pharmacy just before the hotel and a Billa (grocery just around the corner.) You will have time to go out after the meet-n-greet and dinner if you wish. A good time to get night photos on the Charles Bridge.

Day 2 - coming soon.

Thanks so much for the report! Would you know if any of the Catholic masses are celebrated in English?

Thanks so much for the report! Would you know if any of the Catholic masses are celebrated in English?
Off topic - but just wanted to say we attended mass in Heidelberg on our ABD last July. Not a word of English, but it was one of the most beautiful experiences we have ever had! Everyone sang each hymn and participated in all the responses in German. We were able to follow along, as they had wonderful missals to use. Loved it! Went to mass in Paris during our London/Paris ABD the year before. Mass was in English, hymnals were the same from our home parish, priest was British, and congregation was mostly Filipino! It was also a wonderful experience, just not what we expected in Paris! :-) We always love to attend church with the locals when we travel! "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Off topic - but just wanted to say we attended mass in Heidelberg on our ABD last July. Not a word of English, but it was one of the most beautiful experiences we have ever had! Everyone sang each hymn and participated in all the responses in German. We were able to follow along, as they had wonderful missals to use. Loved it! Went to mass in Paris during our London/Paris ABD the year before. Mass was in English, hymnals were the same from our home parish, priest was British, and congregation was mostly Filipino! It was also a wonderful experience, just not what we expected in Paris! :-) We always love to attend church with the locals when we travel! "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That is so wonderful! We want so much to attend mass when we are in vacation if possible. I recall attending mass during Easter 2013 on Disney Fantasy. I was surprised to have the Disney Theater completely full of celebrants,
I have been researching on the English masses on Saturday in Prague however all of the Catholic churches are at least 1 mile from the Marriott which I guess really isn't that far of a walk. The mass is scheduled for 6 pm. I know that we meet the ABD at around 3 pm but what happens after that? I wonder if we will have time to attend mass then or on a Sunday??

This will be our first ABD.

thanks

Sunday - We departed the hotel at 8:15 and went to Prague Castle via bus. Met our local guide, Katarina, and saw the changing of the guard. Definitely visit the castle on your own before visiting with the group (yes, you will have to purchase another ticket.) Since it's Sunday, you won't be able to visit St. Vitus Cathedral (not even look inside.) Your ticket with the group also includes St. George's Basilica which you will also NOT be able to go into on Sunday. What a shame since these two sites are really great! Additionally, on the tour, you will not go upstairs in the Old Royal Palace. You will, however, be given about 25 minutes on Golden Lane. If you have little boys interested in knights, this is definitely NOT enough. There is a huge display on the upper level of several of the houses (they are connected by a long hallway) of armor, swords, daggers, etc. The 25 minutes also includes checking out the old jail (really like a dungeon) at the end of the lane, complete with evil devices. Your tour will not include the Royal Treasury. Just a note, your ticket will be scanned at every site that you enter so you will not be able to use it again to re-enter and re-tour.

Upon leaving the Castle you will go down to the Charles Bridge via the rear of the castle grounds. The walk over the bridge is very short. The guide speaks about 1 or 2 of the statues that adorn the bridge. For a more in depth look, you will need to come back with a guide book. We were then given time in the Old City to eat lunch on our own and check out a few things (about 2 hours.)

We then went to the National Marionette Theatre. My husband and I originally wanted to skip this entirely in order to see more of the sites but were convinced by Dean to give it a try. I think it was here that it dawned on me that Disney really has tried to keep each activity to about an hour or two. This makes sense since the group is comprised of both young and old. The marionette experience took perhaps an hour-which was perfect for everyone. A woman and her daughter at the theater hand makes all of the costumes that you will use to make your puppet. Let me tell you...Barbie should be so lucky. These outfits are custom made and gorgeous. Additionally, they paint each doll. You will learn how the marionettes are built and then fit yours together and put clothes on it. Boys can choose boy puppets and of course, the girls get princesses!

We did not have the free time noted in the guide during this afternoon (other than the lunch time.) We were treated to a surprise river boat cruise that took us to our bus before dinner. The cruise is guided so sit away from your junior adventurers if you want to hear about what you are passing.

You will return to the hotel around 9pm after dinner at the Folklore Gardens which is a family run cultural site that serves dinners and entertains with traditional songs and dances (group participation is light and easy.) There is a little village around the restaurant (that fits into the side of a hill) for children to explore and a gift shop that sells glassware and wine. Enjoy the complementary honey wine when you first arrive for dinner. Yum!

After you meet your guides you will have a bit of time to go up to your room at the Marriott, unpack if you wish (I think I napped) and then the group meeting is at 6pm. You will go directly to the hotel restaurant for dinner after that (it's not a private dinner, you're all just in the hotel restaurant.) You will not have time to attend mass or church on Sunday. I would suggest trying to find something on Saturday during the day. There are churches everywhere but many host concerts on Saturday evenings.

Allie (PixiePrincess310)

That is so wonderful! We want so much to attend mass when we are in vacation if possible. I recall attending mass during Easter 2013 on Disney Fantasy. I was surprised to have the Disney Theater completely full of celebrants,
I have been researching on the English masses on Saturday in Prague however all of the Catholic churches are at least 1 mile from the Marriott which I guess really isn't that far of a walk. The mass is scheduled for 6 pm. I know that we meet the ABD at around 3 pm but what happens after that? I wonder if we will have time to attend mass then or on a Sunday??

This will be our first ABD.

thanks

Thank you so much for your report! We are on the July 12 tour and this is such a fantastic resource - thank you!

Prague seems like a great city to be able to walk around. I look forward to following your trip report!

Before starting my day 3 review, I just want to note that my DH and I were on the first booking of this tour. Disney tweaks daily itineraries and makes time adjustments as tours go along as they see things working...or not. Your tour may be a bit different than ours due to what they have found to be best.

Ok. Day 3 Czech It Out
Day 3 started with luggage out by 7am and the bus leaving for Cesky Krumlov by 8am. Cesky is small with a huge castle (which you will NOT tour). The local guide is simply wonderful - a local guy with a great sense of humor. Your tour with him is very quick and then you are only given 1 1/2 hours of free time at lunch. This isn't enough time to do anything other than grab a quick bite of street food (if you can find it.) Knowing what I do now, I would have preferred to skip the leisurely lunch my DH and I had at a restaurant next to the river that surrounds the town and spend our time exploring. If you are arriving a few days early, this is a place you may want to take the bus too, spend the night and then come back to Prague the next day. I easily could have spent several days here. Imagine an undeveloped Prague...but smaller.
I very much would have liked to tour the huge castle and town but there simply was no time for anything in Cesky. What a bummer. Disney was focused on getting us to the InterContinental in Berchtesgaden (pre-arranged dinner and junior adventurer experience - playing outside and roasting marshmellows, etc,) which granted, is a nice hotel with a great view but I would much rather have spent time in Cesky.

Day 4 Bavarian Bounty - Very active day - be ready for it!
Today you will visit the ice cave - a short drive from the hotel. This is a very strenuous activity including a series of gondolas and vertical pathways (lots of loose gravel) before finally reaching the entrance to the cave. The views while hiking up are great but let me tell you, the hike isn't for the faint of heart. The site guide is met at the mouth of the cave, gives you some info and then off you go. He stops 3-4 times inside and provides more information. You will be inside the mountain for about 1 1/2 hours. The space is HUGE so claustrophobia shouldn't be an issue.

I was completely sweated hiking up the hill and then FROZE inside the cave. The temp outside was probably around 65 degrees but the cave is below 30. There are another 1400+ steps inside the cave and you will climb from top to bottom up and down the steps. Basically you are walking next to a drip that starts at the top of the mountain and froze and grew into a huge ice flow. The cave is completely dark so every 3rd or 4th person will carry a lantern (adults only). No photos are allowed and you will get busted if you try it. I was wearing a thick fleece jacket over a regular shirt, scarf and gloves - not enough for me. There was another lady in our group who is a firefighter and she was sweating the entire time inside the cave while another was a really fit runner and she was absolutely frozen. You will need to use your best judgement on this one. After leaving the cave, you have lunch family stye at the restaurant on the mountain (very nice). Many in our group started their meal outside on the patio but moved indoors after 20 minutes or so because they were freezing. Wear very sturdy shoes with socks.

After lunch travel to Hohenwerfen Castle which is a very nice visit and our guide was so cute! It was his first tour in English and he was so nervous but he did a GREAT job! There is a museum collection in the castle which you will not view but honestly, you are too tired and sore from the ice cave to care. At the end of the castle tour you will attend a Falconry show and WOW do they get close! These birds are HUGE. The crowd was just thrilled!

Upon leaving the castle you will go on a short tour of a schnaps factory (JA's spend time with guides outside in kid area.) Guide shows you how schnaps is made and then you visit the store (which has lots of things.) I don't drink but the chocolate schnaps that are served in tiny chocolate covered wafer cones is yummie! We brought back a variety of tiny bottles to give away and some candy.

As this point you have the option to stay in town (and be picked up later via taxi or bus) or go back to the hotel. Steph and Dean told us that everything pretty much closes at 6pm anyway so we opted for the hotel. The spa is nice and one of the masseurs stayed a 1/2 hour late to work on me. Talk about strong German hands! Note that there is no jacuzzi in the pool or spa area.

In retrospect, I suggest that Disney give folks (particularly those not in such great shape) the option to skip the ice cave and either a) spend the day at the castle - just be dropped off and picked up or b) spend the day at the hotel. The ice cave was great and very interesting but I could have been out of there in 20 minutes. I much rather would have spent the entire day wondering a medieval castle and grounds. Spending time at the hotel wouldn't have been an option (didn't come to Europe to mope in a hotel!) but some folks may have needed the break.

Day 5 - Sound of Mozart
Today was a bit different than what you see in your planner. Berchtesgaden is located next to Hitler's Eagle's Next (you will see it from your hotel room.) Disney altered our itinerary so that those who wanted to visit could do so AND DISNEY PAID THE ENTRY FEE. We were out the door by 8am and could take a nice short walk to the bus staging area (only 1 company with specially trained drivers is permitted to take groups up.) Be ready for a hair-raising drive!

The Eagle's Nest is interesting and it helps to do a little research on the topic before going otherwise you'll wish you had noticed things while you were there that you may walk right past. Knowing who was there and what went on felt a bit eery but the building is nicely re-purposed and being a student of history, it was an enjoyable quick trip. The gift shop has some good books, etc. By the way, the view at the top of the mountain is simply wow!
It needs to be because you'll be sore from yesterday's adventures!

Our own tour bus picked us up at the staging area and we were off to Salzburg. While on the bus, enjoy viewing the Sound of Music.
You will be dropped of in a central area (near a public restroom) and then walk a few blocks to board the Sound of Music tour buses. The bus stops on a street across the lake from the patio set of the Sound of Music for a photo opp. On the bus there is just enough time for a quick overview and a few sites (nunnery, etc.)

Lunch is simply wonderful (duck away to the gift shop for mementos of the area while the others finish eating) but don't miss the ice cream dessert!

Next you visit Hellbrunn castle but the group won't go inside. Only the gardens are toured and your amazing guide has come out of retirement to lead you. You won't even miss the castle! (ok, maybe a little.) The gardens and their secret fountains are a big hit with everyone. The area is huge and very relaxing. The gazebo from the Sound of Music has been moved to the castle grounds and your guide has been given a key (this is very special since it's locked for everyone else!) Everyone takes lots of photos here.

Dinner is with the group at a beautiful establishment and here you are treated to a private Mozart concert by a very gifted duo. This is the one time during the tour that I teared up. The other was saying goodbye to our wonderful guides. What a very special moment in time.

Before starting my day 3 review, I just want to note that my DH and I were on the first booking of this tour. Disney tweaks daily itineraries and makes time adjustments as tours go along as they see things working...or not. Your tour may be a bit different than ours due to what they have found to be best.

Ok. Day 3 Czech It Out
Day 3 started with luggage out by 7am and the bus leaving for Cesky Krumlov by 8am. Cesky is small with a huge castle (which you will NOT tour). The local guide is simply wonderful - a local guy with a great sense of humor. Your tour with him is very quick and then you are only given 1 1/2 hours of free time at lunch. This isn't enough time to do anything other than grab a quick bite of street food (if you can find it.) Knowing what I do now, I would have preferred to skip the leisurely lunch my DH and I had at a restaurant next to the river that surrounds the town and spend our time exploring. If you are arriving a few days early, this is a place you may want to take the bus too, spend the night and then come back to Prague the next day. I easily could have spent several days here. Imagine an undeveloped Prague...but smaller.
I very much would have liked to tour the huge castle and town but there simply was no time for anything in Cesky. What a bummer. Disney was focused on getting us to the InterContinental in Berchtesgaden (pre-arranged dinner and junior adventurer experience - playing outside and roasting marshmellows, etc,) which granted, is a nice hotel with a great view but I would much rather have spent time in Cesky.

Day 4 Bavarian Bounty - Very active day - be ready for it!
Today you will visit the ice cave - a short drive from the hotel. This is a very strenuous activity including a series of gondolas and vertical pathways (lots of loose gravel) before finally reaching the entrance to the cave. The views while hiking up are great but let me tell you, the hike isn't for the faint of heart. The site guide is met at the mouth of the cave, gives you some info and then off you go. He stops 3-4 times inside and provides more information. You will be inside the mountain for about 1 1/2 hours. The space is HUGE so claustrophobia shouldn't be an issue.

I was completely sweated hiking up the hill and then FROZE inside the cave. The temp outside was probably around 65 degrees but the cave is below 30. There are another 1400+ steps inside the cave and you will climb from top to bottom up and down the steps. Basically you are walking next to a drip that starts at the top of the mountain and froze and grew into a huge ice flow. The cave is completely dark so every 3rd or 4th person will carry a lantern (adults only). No photos are allowed and you will get busted if you try it. I was wearing a thick fleece jacket over a regular shirt, scarf and gloves - not enough for me. There was another lady in our group who is a firefighter and she was sweating the entire time inside the cave while another was a really fit runner and she was absolutely frozen. You will need to use your best judgement on this one. After leaving the cave, you have lunch family stye at the restaurant on the mountain (very nice). Many in our group started their meal outside on the patio but moved indoors after 20 minutes or so because they were freezing. Wear very sturdy shoes with socks.

After lunch travel to Hohenwerfen Castle which is a very nice visit and our guide was so cute! It was his first tour in English and he was so nervous but he did a GREAT job! There is a museum collection in the castle which you will not view but honestly, you are too tired and sore from the ice cave to care. At the end of the castle tour you will attend a Falconry show and WOW do they get close! These birds are HUGE. The crowd was just thrilled!

Upon leaving the castle you will go on a short tour of a schnaps factory (JA's spend time with guides outside in kid area.) Guide shows you how schnaps is made and then you visit the store (which has lots of things.) I don't drink but the chocolate schnaps that are served in tiny chocolate covered wafer cones is yummie! We brought back a variety of tiny bottles to give away and some candy.

As this point you have the option to stay in town (and be picked up later via taxi or bus) or go back to the hotel. Steph and Dean told us that everything pretty much closes at 6pm anyway so we opted for the hotel. The spa is nice and one of the masseurs stayed a 1/2 hour late to work on me. Talk about strong German hands! Note that there is no jacuzzi in the pool or spa area.

In retrospect, I suggest that Disney give folks (particularly those not in such great shape) the option to skip the ice cave and either a) spend the day at the castle - just be dropped off and picked up or b) spend the day at the hotel. The ice cave was great and very interesting but I could have been out of there in 20 minutes. I much rather would have spent the entire day wondering a medieval castle and grounds. Spending time at the hotel wouldn't have been an option (didn't come to Europe to mope in a hotel!) but some folks may have needed the break.

Thank you so much for your reviews!! This is so helpful!

I'm wondering - do you think it may be possible to hire a car to join the group either at the restaurant or at Hohenwerfen Castle? I don't think my son or mother-in-law are going to be able to do the hike to the ice cave and my son will go berserk if he's in an ice cave for 1 1/2 hours.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your reviews!! This is so helpful!

I'm wondering - do you think it may be possible to hire a car to join the group either at the restaurant or at Hohenwerfen Castle? I don't think my son or mother-in-law are going to be able to do the hike to the ice cave and my son will go berserk if he's in an ice cave for 1 1/2 hours.

Thank you!
I would talk to ABD. On other ABD's I've done, the Guides have always provided an alternative activity for folks who couldn't do one of the activities. If I had to *guess*, I would think that they're looking into that for the ice caves now that they've had reports from actual guests that it's too hard for some of them. So I would see what they plan to do. I really can't imagine they'd make you resort to hiring a car so that you could skip the activity. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Sayhello

Great review. Too bad about Cesky. It looks like a really neat town. So, how long were you there? Did you just walk through some of the medieval streets? Is food hard to find there?

I would talk to ABD. On other ABD's I've done, the Guides have always provided an alternative activity for folks who couldn't do one of the activities. If I had to *guess*, I would think that they're looking into that for the ice caves now that they've had reports from actual guests that it's too hard for some of them. So I would see what they plan to do. I really can't imagine they'd make you resort to hiring a car so that you could skip the activity. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Sayhello

I will ask - thank you so much!

I agree with you Sayhello. They will probably use the bus to drop you off if the town or castle is an option. They offered to pay for the taxi if it was just my DH and I that were going to stay in town for the evening. I wouldn't be too happy if staying at the hotel is the only other option that they suggest besides the ice cave. I can sit in a hotel anywhere.
I will ask - thank you so much!

I know. It really did look neat. You will only be there for 3 or so hours at the most and that includes the time it takes to eat. It's almost criminal. Your guide walks you through 2 or 3 streets and that's it. (There probably aren't many more in CK.) There are plenty of restaurants but most of them are sit-down. Knowing the leisurely way service is provided in Europe, you will be pushed for time if you sit. :rolleyes2
Great review. Too bad about Cesky. It looks like a really neat town. So, how long were you there? Did you just walk through some of the medieval streets? Is food hard to find there?

Day 6 Days & Knights

Day 6 starts with luggage pick-up at 7:30 and you're out by 8:30. By the way, I didn't mention it but the breakfasts at the InterContinental are out of this world! You simply must try the locally made yoghurt that is served in jars!

Ok, yoghurt and my sore muscles aside, today we were off to a tour of the Salt Mines. This is an easy tour and the method of how the salt is extracted is really quite interesting. I suppose I always thought of salt being in the ocean or the Dead Sea and not underground. Duh! The bus will take you up to the door. You don the cute black miner apparel and take a little train/trolley ride into the mountain. The first part of this ride is not for the claustrophobic as the tunnel is tight around the train (really just a bench that you straddle) so close your eyes and breath. It gets better and opens up. Wear a light jacket if you think you'll need it. The slides that you (and the miners) use are lots of fun and were a great hit with everyone. After the mine tour, his the gift shop. They have lots of things made of salt and herbs but they're not cheap (unless you buy the plain old salt.)

After the mine you will take a short bus ride to the bakery and meet the owners of this family run business. Their family history and who is running the bakery now is very interesting and they are all so nice. There will be tons of pretzel dough left so make all of it and then take it on the bus. In their small shop they also have gluten free breads.

Next, take a 40 minute or so bus ride to Mondsee and see the church that was used for the marriage ceremony in the Sound of Music (but not in the real life story.) We also believe we found the street where the kiddos hung out of the trees in the movie but weren't sure. Lunch in Mondsee is on the water and is just wonderful. If you have leftovers (the pizzas are huge) ask for a box and eat it for dinner.

You arrive in Vienna that evening. The city is HUGE - like NYC or so it seems. Keep in mind that most things closed at 6pm but you may find a few shops open. Lots of people are out on the streets particularly in the shopping area a few blocks away where you will find many outdoor cafes. We took a short walk around the hotel towards the opera but didn't venture further to find a restaurant and the hotel is quite expensive so we ate what else....pretzels! By the way, you will find Starbucks:woohoo: in ALL of these towns except Cesky. There is a TGI Fridays (I think that was it) almost next to the hotel in Vienna and a McDonalds. :sad2:

Day 7 Royal Reception
Today you begin at 8:45 by taking the bus to Schonbrunn Palace. JA's have a really cool experience (not ruining it here) while adults have a tour of what I will call the Maria Teresa wing. The tour lasts for perhaps an hour and you do not see 1/2 of what is there. The palace has over 1000 rooms and many wings are rented out to businesses in the community. Really, the palace and grounds are quite extensive. After visiting the interior rooms, you go to what is now used as the Royal Struddle Bakery and learn how to make real struddle while having some of the treat with a beverage. JA's get into the mix by helping to spread the butter onto the batch. Makes for cute pictures. Of course, everything necessary to make real straddle is available for purchase.
Next you are wisked off to the marionette theater (again, still on castle grounds) for a quick play (honestly it does take a lot of talent but I couldn't help but doze off.) What they can do with those puppets is amazing! We didn't do a show with our own puppets but you could go behind the scenes and talk/work with the puppet masters if you wished. My DH and I left to do more touring on our own. Keep in mind, you just toured Schonbrunn, made struddle and visited the theater and it isn't even noon!

So - being the history freak that I am, we re-toured Schonbrunn. We purchased the Sisi Ticket (only available at the main gate of the courtyard entryway) and went back through the castle. This tour included the other 1/2 of the family, the famous Sisi (Elisabeth of Austria) and her hubby Franz Joseph (if you don't know who she is, you will by the end of your trip!). The ticket included the audio headphones (which I prefer b/c you can go at your own pace and skip or re-play if you need to do so.) We could have gone back through the Maria Teresa wing but backtracked and left the building. They are also quite proud of the gardens and grounds - included in your ticket (which I skipped having other things to tour!)

We then hopped onto the U4 (or underground subway) at the #4 station and went towards our hotel and the winter palace of the Hapsburgs (Schonbrunn was their summer palace.) To get to the U4, turn right when you exit the palace grounds and you'll see the signs for it up on the left (across the street) after about 300 feet or so. One-way fare was something like $1.50 each. 10 minutes later we were at our stop and found our way to the Winter Palace which you will also visit the next day because the Spanish Riding School is housed there. Anyway, visit the riding school's gift shop and any other gift shops that you wish in the area NOW because you won't have much if any time tomorrow.

With our previously purchased Sisi ticket, we were able to view the Royal Silver collection (which included all of their porcelains and gold pieces, etc.) and all of the public royal rooms in the Hapsburg palace. This tour was quite extensive and again we used the headphones that were included.

At this point I was starving my DH since I was on a mission to see absolutely everything. We flew to St. Stephens church (a real tourist magnet and quite crowded). We felt it was more impressive on the outside than the inside. They do have quite a nice (be it small) gift shop inside the church if you are looking for religious items.)

I will mention here that if you are interested, the Capuchin Church houses the crypt that contains all of the Hapsburgs minus 2. The priests give tours of the crypt but only at particular times. The schedule is posted inside the foyer. It appeared that they take breaks from 12-4 so seeing this is difficult but I hear, worth it. I was bummed since we got there at 2:30pm. We needed to be back to the hotel for pick-up so we made our way back. We found Vienna to be very twisty and curvy and a bit difficult to navigate and follow on the maps. Our landmarks became the huge construction cranes that were on either side of the Ritz.

That night you are treated to a short visit at the zoo (back at Schonbrunn Palace.) Its a small zoo but they do have quite a variety of animals and you are being privately toured after closing making it very special. You could just see it in the animals' faces - "Why the heck are you still here???" Anyway, our guide was great, super personable and very knowledgeable regarding the animals. I'll mention here that we also had a special guest traveling with us on this first of the itinerary tours. The BIG GUY in charge of Adventures By Disney and his family were with us the entire trip. They were wonderful and fit right in. He informed us that in order for ABD to include a location that has animals, ABD first makes sure (with all of the resources that Disney has) that the facility maintains it's animals humanely in all ways. That was great to know and you could tell that the animals at the Schonbrunn zoo were very content and happy. Be sure to notice the baby cheetahs (I think that's what they were) and the baby elephants. The zoo visit was short but I suppose you can visit a zoo anywhere.

Dinner is at the Emperor's Pavilion in the zoo and is quite a treat. The service is super and the room is a marvel....not to mention the good food. Be sure to try the chocolate cake A++++ and enjoy your surroundings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter