Restaurants to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been eating many years at WDW. IMO the DDP ruined the menus!
Over the years they have been dumbing down the menus until very little is left :sad1:

dkb1.jpg

I think the Dining Plan has ruined things, also. :sad1: I also hate having to decide so far in advance what type of food I want to eat on what day - months before I get there!

Mama Melrose's. It used to be good several years ago, but is just awful now.

Suprised to hear you say that. We go there on a regular basis , and have yet to have a bad meal or service there.

I think the Dining Plan has ruined things, also. :sad1: I also hate having to decide so far in advance what type of food I want to eat on what day - months before I get there!

I wholeheartedley agree with you. Dining at WDW used to be a fantastic experience. We would plan our whole vacation around our meals at the WDFW eateries.
With the free dining plan, they have dumbed it all down. Nothing, or, very little, excites us about dining at Disney these days
Leave it to Disney to F'up a good thing. All of the restaurants offered a wide variety of foods and an exciting dining experience, but not any more.:sad2:

Want to know a resturaunt to avoid?
Well, try ChefMickey. :mad: I ordered meatloaf. :cool1: (I love meatloaf)
And I was on my honeymoon, so I went for it. :bride:
That was about a year ago. We took a monorail to get there, the place was nice, the stores were nice and the people were optimistic.
We went to Chef Mickeys, they took a picture of us behind the big Mickey figure, and they sat us down at a nice table. I was thinking "wow, this is a great place, and I wonder what the food must taste like." I ordered meatloaf, and it took forever for them to make it. By the time I was about to say that I am leaving, they came with our food. I taste the meatloaf, and it was undercooked, oversweetened, and pure fat. I was mad at this, and my husband said he hated the food as well. We finished our drinks and never made reservations to eat there again. :snooty:

It is sad that Disney couldn't improve on it a little.

That was about a year ago. We took a monorail to get there, the place was nice, the stores were nice and the people were optimistic.
We went to Chef Mickeys, they took a picture of us behind the big Mickey figure, and they sat us down at a nice table. I was thinking "wow, this is a great place, and I wonder what the food must taste like." I ordered meatloaf, and it took forever for them to make it. By the time I was about to say that I am leaving, they came with our food. I taste the meatloaf, and it was undercooked, oversweetened, and pure fat. I was mad at this, and my husband said he hated the food as well. We finished our drinks and never made reservations to eat there again. :snooty:

I'm confused. Chef Mickey's is a buffet. You wouldn't order and have food brought to you, I don't think? Are you maybe confusing this with a different restaurant in the Monorail resorts? :confused3

50s Prime time Cafe. Food is ok..but service has been HORRIBLE..beyond horrible the last few visits. Also very long waits, even with ADRs and extremely loud. I've had enough of that place.

The irish pub place at downtown disney. Gag me!

We have reservations in August for Coral Reef and it seems like the majority of the posts list this as one to avoid. I guess I will just hope for the best....:confused3

ABC Commissary. Had the most disgusting hamburger there. Dried out and icky. This was this past March.

50s Prime time Cafe. Food is ok..but service has been HORRIBLE..beyond horrible the last few visits. Also very long waits, even with ADRs and extremely loud. I've had enough of that place.

We have found the service lacking there, also. First visit was ok, but the second was lousy. I find the restaurant very claustrophobic. We won't return.

We have done Boma like 3x now, for breakfast and dinner and each time, the pagers are "broken" and horrible,

Same experience here last xmas. After standing around the lobby and gift shop for 1.5 hours waiting for our pager to go off, we went to the counter and told to wait. We waited for another 1/2 hour a watched as people walked up and were seated ahead of us. Kept asking the hostess and told we were next....again more and more people seated. Pager never worked. Finally, we got a manager's attention...told another cm to seat us mmediately...guess what? We stood around for another 15 min until the manager sat us herself. the only reason we waited was that we really wanted to eat here. They would have done us a favor by not letting us in. My wife has vowed that as God as her wittness, she will never eat there again.:eek:

Ok here is my list but it is just my opinion

Nine Dragons - ate there last month, had the most awful food and DH was terribly sick all night long (since he tried most of it)

Raglan Road - ate here last month, the food was just unservable...terrible stuff

1900 PF breakfast and dinner - terrible food, terrible service but the dinner character interaction was great

H&V dinner - terrible food and terrible service

Chef Mickeys dinner - terrible food but fun atmosphere and characters were so great! Breakfast was awesome though so I would def go back to that

We have dined at almost all the WDW restaurants, just a few more to go, and I am happy to say my list of ICKS is pretty short :rotfl:

Places we didn't really care for:

Coral Reef: I liked my meal, but my dd thought her fish was lacking in taste. The service was horrible.

Le Cellier: Service was great, but the steak was horrible. I can get a better steak at Longhorn and for 1/3 the price. The desserts were good, though.

H & V lunch: Although it had great character interaction, I thought the food was horrible. WE left there still hungry! We are trying breakfast there this year as you really can't screw up breakfast.

Cindy's breakfast at castle: I can't belive I payed that much for the food they served! Norway was a much better deal!

I am confused. Chef Mickey's is a buffet, in all my times there, there was never a way to order and there has never been meatloaf. Are you maybe talking about the old Concourse Steakhouse?

We just returned and I have to say no more 1900 Park Fare Dinner. It has really gone downhill since the last time we ate there., I was very disappointed in the food, and the characters were ok but we got better food and character interaction at other princess meals.

Mary

1900 Park Fare Dinner (though I like the breakfast there a lot). Didn't like the food or the characters.

Raglan Road - went there based on reviews by DISers and was thoroughly dissappointed.

Garden Grill - food was meh and I hated the room. The characters were good though.

H&V breakfast - this was only okay. The selection of food does not compare with other breakfast choices at WDW. Also, they need to update the characters. My DD's don't even know who JoJo is.

While there was nothing wrong with the service, food or character interaction, we will be skipping the Garden Grill in the future. It wasn't anything special to us and everything was just "average". I found it rather boring... oh look, there goes the roof of that tiny house again...

We prefer more of a "ruckus" type environment for our character meals, i.e. Chef Mickey's napkin parade, HDDR, 50's PT, etc. We don't go to WDW for fine dining, we go for the kids to have unforgettable dining experiences with their favorite friends. We're happy as long as the food is edible, traditional (picky DH), and Mom and Dad can sit and eat something other than a granola bar for a few minutes.

Very well stated! Same goes for us...we go mainly for the kids and we make the trip all about them! We enjoy watching them have so much fun so we are bound to have fun doing it that way too! We also schedule our days around their normal routines, like meal times. It's the best way to go, IMO...the kids enjoy, the parents enjoy watching them, and the parents also avoid major meltdowns as much as possible! :)

The only place (so far) that is absolutely off our list is Fulton's. Ate there 3 times over the years, each time worse than the one before, but folks kept praising the place, so we kept trying it. The only was I'd go back is with my partner's sister and her husband; they won't take shoddy service from anyone, and are quite vocal in their displeasure. Would be worth it to watch the fur fly...

ABC Commissary was terrible! Ordered the Asian salad and it was inedible, wilted blob of goo! Also ordered a kid's wrap and it was half of a small tortilla with a piece of what was once lettuce, a thing I thought was maybe ham or turkey, and cheese. So about 2 1/2" of unidentifiable food for an insane amount of money. They should shut this place down. It was a disaster. The worst meal by a mile my entire trip.

I read this thread before my trip in June and thought about the reviews here when I took kids into ABC. I was thinking, "I might as well try it, it can't be that bad!"

Yes, it can....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter