Resorts with multiple bus stops....

I guess all my trips have just been lucky. 50+ days last years and not a single incident loading on the buses. Folks really did figure it out, even when it was very busy

I'm actually sort of dreading our next trip. DGD has requested AoA and the next trip is going to be her 10th birthday so I'm giving in and staying there. It's short, or I wouldn't because even if it's her birthday it's my money and I get to be happy too. I can manage for 4 days. I actually think we'll probably take Uber a lot

If you're dreading AofA because you have to line up at a bus queue, don't. Some of my shortest bus waits have been at AoA, plus you have the easy option of taking a Pop bus back from the park and walking across the bridge.

Of course, you don't need to line up if you don't want to. You can always sit on a bench and wait.

It was quite a sight at POFQ Dec. 31. Everyone except for us was going to Epcot. We went to Animal Kingdom. A CM was there lining everyone up for the Epcot bus. It was efficient and orderly. One minute there were hoards of folks. The next minute it was just us!

Last edited:
And if yall ever see me not giving up my seat on a bus, it's because we prefer to wait for the next bus instead of standing. About once a trip, you'll see us wave people past us just so we can guarantee ourselves seats on the next bus.

Bus lines definitely should be easy to figure out. In my experience, that's not always the case at POFQ and the main stops at CSR and POR. I've experienced some large crowds, confused people, and irate interactions over who should get on the bus first, because people thought they were in line, when there were actually multiple lines forming. No, it doesn't happen all the time, but it can happen when buses are late or delayed. Yes, people should use common sense. But not everyone has experience using buses.

It feels like being in a herd of sheep to me at the mods when the bus waiting areas get packed.
I feel your pain. We typically don't leave the resort till noon, so we rarely have much stress related to bus loading. We also never leave a park right after fireworks, etc.. Similar to choosing parks you expect to be less busy that day, we choose travel times we expect to be less busy! It keeps the panic attacks to a minimum!

We've stayed at CSR 3 times, always in Casitas near bus stop 2, which is the first to be picked up. We've never seen more than maybe 2-3 other families waiting, and it was never an issue forming a line to get on the bus - and this was always at busy times of the year. It takes about 10 minutes to make the whole loop. Out of all of our deluxe stays I can only recall one time when there was a family that didn't understand how to line up in a civilized manner and just pushed to the front of the group as soon as they walked up. Otherwise, it's really never been a big deal. I don't mind the corrals at values, I just hate they are uncovered.

I stayed at Coronado one year and got excited because we were by Bus Stop 1 -
And then every time the bus went through the loop, it hit bus stop 1 LAST. Boo!
Felt like it took forever & the bus always got to us already full.
I actually dont mind being the last stop picked up...even if the bus is full....because that means we're heading to the park right after we're picked up. I'd rather stand and be the last stop than to go through the other stops before heading on our way to the park.

The thing I hated about the buses at CBR (I think the other mods are the same way) is that it was a bit of a free-for-all getting on the bus. One of the things I like most about the values is the forced line they put you in (at least at the All Stars). Then everyone gets on the bus in an orderly manner without trying to cut off the person in the front.
I hate that about the moderates too. Sure the covered shelter can be handy, but i do prefer the neat lines at the values.

I think I'm definitely in the minority on that! I'm that type of person that likes things neat and orderly.

Yup. Im with you on that! ;)

One of the reasons I prefer the mods and deluxe resorts is because of the bus stops. The deluxe resorts only have the one stop, but because they have so many fewer rooms than the values, I don't think the line is needed. I can't remember a time I waited on a bench and didn't still end up with a seat on the bus. At the mods, they have many rooms, much like the values, but because of the multiple bus stops, the bus stops aren't all that crowded. I don't care to stand in line at the value stops. I'm going to do plenty of standing in line once I get to the parks.

We've stayed at CSR 3 times, always in Casitas near bus stop 2, which is the first to be picked up. We've never seen more than maybe 2-3 other families waiting, and it was never an issue forming a line to get on the bus - and this was always at busy times of the year. It takes about 10 minutes to make the whole loop. Out of all of our deluxe stays I can only recall one time when there was a family that didn't understand how to line up in a civilized manner and just pushed to the front of the group as soon as they walked up. Otherwise, it's really never been a big deal. I don't mind the corrals at values, I just hate they are uncovered.

We stayed in the Cabanas area at CSR. We were super close to the bus stop. It was an awesome location! We used to take the bus to the main building in the morning for breakfast because that was the last stop before leaving to go to the park. I felt sorry for the people trying to get on the buses from the main location in the morning. It was always chaotic and it was difficult to even get off the bus during that time because people trying to form their own lines were in the way of people trying to exit the bus.

One of the reasons I prefer the mods and deluxe resorts is because of the bus stops. The deluxe resorts only have the one stop, but because they have so many fewer rooms than the values, I don't think the line is needed. I can't remember a time I waited on a bench and didn't still end up with a seat on the bus. At the mods, they have many rooms, much like the values, but because of the multiple bus stops, the bus stops aren't all that crowded. I don't care to stand in line at the value stops. I'm going to do plenty of standing in line once I get to the parks.

I definitely agree that Deluxe and most of the moderate stops don't need organized lines. Just POFQ and the main stops (at the front entrance) at POR and CSR can be problematic. I'm not sure what the main stop at CBR is like since I've not stayed there. I imagine it could get crowded there as well.

I definitely agree that Deluxe and most of the moderate stops don't need organized lines. Just POFQ and the main stops (at the front entrance) at POR and CSR can be problematic. I'm not sure what the main stop at CBR is like since I've not stayed there. I imagine it could get crowded there as well.

So you've had issues with the stop at POFQ? Is it really crowded?

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I can imagine that it does get crowded at POFQ. POFQ has one stop for 1,008 rooms. POR, by comparison, has 2,048 rooms but those people are divided up between 4 stops.

I've stayed at FQ a lot. No, it's not "really crowded". There are fewer guests at the 2 stops at FQ than at a single bus loading corral at a Value resort the few times I've been to one. I've never found a bus pull up and had it filled and have to leave people behind. And that is even during New Years trip. We had a bus fill but not to the point that everyone didn't get on and there were no problems with people loading.

Its been a few years but we did find the POFQ to get a little crowded and chaotic. Everyone is at the one bus depot and you don't know who is going where. There's no formal queue, so even if you arrive before someone else, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get on first. That said, you're dealing with less people than you would be at other resorts since it's a smaller resort to begin with.

The only bad experience we've had at a multi-stop resort is Caribbean Beach. They have 7 bus stops and we always got on at stop 1 or 2, so it felt like it took forever. But no bad experiences at POR or CSR, and the multiple bus stops at these resorts have never been a deterrent for us.

Last time we stayed at POR I detested all the stops. A friend went the following year and told me they didn't bother her at all. (I'm also less patient). This time we stayed at SSR for a few nights and again, hated all the stops but mostly because I had a baby in tow and there was only ever standing room. Holding a sleeping 30lb toddler with one arm trying to hold onto the pole was not comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter