Resorts with multiple bus stops....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I know we've been over this before, but if any of you Disers remember all my posts while planning my first trip to WDW last year, you know I sometimes like to talk about the same things over and over again. :rotfl: So I'm looking into going again in June of 2019. This time my mom, step-dad and dad will be coming along. I'm thinking we'll be stay at French Quarter do to it being small, and I like that it has only one bus stop. But with your experience staying at resort(s) with multiple stops, did you find the buses always went through all the stops in a timely manner? On average, how long would it take a bus to go through a resort to multiple stops?

I stayed at Coronado one year and got excited because we were by Bus Stop 1 -
And then every time the bus went through the loop, it hit bus stop 1 LAST. Boo!
Felt like it took forever & the bus always got to us already full.

We stayed at CBR (pre-construction) and we we use the Jamaica stop when we got off/on. Leaving the resort, the bus would stop at Aruba and Barbados after Jamaica and head out. Coming back, the bus came another entrance, and Jamaica was the first stop. So we never on the bus that long.

The thing I hated about the buses at CBR (I think the other mods are the same way) is that it was a bit of a free-for-all getting on the bus. One of the things I like most about the values is the forced line they put you in (at least at the All Stars). Then everyone gets on the bus in an orderly manner without trying to cut off the person in the front.

The thing I hated about the buses at CBR (I think the other mods are the same way) is that it was a bit of a free-for-all getting on the bus. One of the things I like most about the values is the forced line they put you in (at least at the All Stars). Then everyone gets on the bus in an orderly manner without trying to cut off the person in the front.

It's funny how different we all are. The lack of corals at the Moderates and Deluxes is one of the things we love. We really didn't think we'd care when we tried our 1st Moderate but it was awesome. Took a quick budget trip back at a Value and we all dreaded waiting for the bus in the morning.

It's funny how different we all are. The lack of corals at the Moderates and Deluxes is one of the things we love. We really didn't think we'd care when we tried our 1st Moderate but it was awesome. Took a quick budget trip back at a Value and we all dreaded waiting for the bus in the morning.

I think I'm definitely in the minority on that! I'm that type of person that likes things neat and orderly. But I can see how most would rather sit on a covered bench than stand in the sun waiting in line!

I think I'm definitely in the minority on that! I'm that type of person that likes things neat and orderly. But I can see how most would rather sit on a covered bench than stand in the sun waiting in line!

I understand what you mean... I hate the free for all of people running to the front of the bus.

Buses are a big part of why we usually stay at a Boardwalk resort. Give me a boat! lol.

With the bus arrival time displays at POFQ, we start queuing up a minute or two before the estimated arrival time. So we get to rest on a bench AND be first in line! 6 year old DS likes to "predict" where to line up if multiple buses are loading at once, and ours happens to be the second one!

With the bus arrival time displays at POFQ, we start queuing up a minute or two before the estimated arrival time. So we get to rest on a bench AND be first in line! 6 year old DS likes to "predict" where to line up if multiple buses are loading at once, and ours happens to be the second one!

Well, I guess that would work if there is nobody standing around, waiting for a bus while you are sitting on the bench. But how do you determine that you are starting the line when there is no queue?

CSR and POR takes about 10 minutes to do the loop, as long as there are no special needs vehicles to load up. CBR, a bit longer.
I have to chuckle:) We have been on over 30+ trips and have probably rode the bus at Mods and deluxes a couple hundred times and I can only remember a couple of times that there was a group who tried to rush in front of people. Our family would much rather wait 20 minutes under a covered bus stop, then to stand under the Florida sun or rain.

d93UZXQ

Last edited:
Two different theme park buses pull up there though right? How do you know the bus you want is going to pull up right at the spot where the front of your line is?

If the bus pulled up in front of the people who are labelled not in line, but they wanted to get on that bus, wouldn't they just naturally get on it?

I'm just saying it's not that cut and dry when their are no formal queues and only one bus stop at POFQ.

Folks sitting on the bench are not in a line. The line does not exist until someone stands in the vicinity of those two parallel blue lines, or, in the case of a second bus at the same stop, just over a bus length behind the parallel blue lines. That family arriving "last" gets to be first in line because they choose to be first in line instead of sitting on a bench. When you sit on the bench, you accept that you may not be first in line.

Folks sitting on the bench are not in a line. The line does not exist until someone stands in the vicinity of those two parallel blue lines, or, in the case of a second bus at the same stop, just over a bus length behind the parallel blue lines. That family arriving "last" gets to be first in line because they choose to be first in line instead of sitting on a bench. When you sit on the bench, you accept that you may not be first in line.

Are those blue lines new? I don't recall seeing them before, or maybe I've just never noticed. Is that what the purpose of those lines are? Do they say, line forms here? Or loading zone?

Are those blue lines new? I don't recall seeing them before, or maybe I've just never noticed. Is that what the purpose of those lines are? Do they say, line forms here? Or loading zone?
They tell the driver where to pull up to. They aren't new but they do fade and depending on how recently they'd been painted you may or may not have noticed them

And it's really not hard to figure out the bus lines. Or lack there of. People are civil and know how to mill about and get on a bus. Do you never take buses anywhere else? There are no gated lines at schools or in public bus stops yet people are able to load a bus in an orderly manner by using common sense, for lack of better words.

You stand around and watch the buses approach. As the bus you plan to get on comes, you move towards the area where it will stop and you get on. It is super easy. We've done it hundreds of times.

I hate the cattle like feeling of the lanes at the value resorts and much prefer the method at the Mod and Deluxe resorts.

They tell the driver where to pull up to. They aren't new but they do fade and depending on how recently they'd been painted you may or may not have noticed them

And it's really not hard to figure out the bus lines. Or lack there of. People are civil and know how to mill about and get on a bus. Do you never take buses anywhere else? There are no gated lines at schools or in public bus stops yet people are able to load a bus in an orderly manner by using common sense, for lack of better words.

You stand around and watch the buses approach. As the bus you plan to get on comes, you move towards the area where it will stop and you get on. It is super easy. We've done it hundreds of times.

I hate the cattle like feeling of the lanes at the value resorts and much prefer the method at the Mod and Deluxe resorts.

Bus lines definitely should be easy to figure out. In my experience, that's not always the case at POFQ and the main stops at CSR and POR. I've experienced some large crowds, confused people, and irate interactions over who should get on the bus first, because people thought they were in line, when there were actually multiple lines forming. No, it doesn't happen all the time, but it can happen when buses are late or delayed. Yes, people should use common sense. But not everyone has experience using buses.

It feels like being in a herd of sheep to me at the mods when the bus waiting areas get packed.

I guess all my trips have just been lucky. 50+ days last years and not a single incident loading on the buses. Folks really did figure it out, even when it was very busy

I'm actually sort of dreading our next trip. DGD has requested AoA and the next trip is going to be her 10th birthday so I'm giving in and staying there. It's short, or I wouldn't because even if it's her birthday it's my money and I get to be happy too. I can manage for 4 days. I actually think we'll probably take Uber a lot

Exactly! Folks sitting on the bench are not in a line! I keep telling DH this and he can't accept it. Luckily I'm always on my feet to keep us honest! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter