Resort Prices

We booked 14 nights at CBR and 2 nights at the poly. We are from the uk and the total for the resorts only is dollars in about $6300 🙄

We've been going to WDW for 25 years and price hikes are normal but the past year or two has been too much in my opinion. I guess if the demand is there they will charge whatever they can. We are just about at the point were we might hang it up.
A funny side story: we recently found an old resort receipt from a WDW special at the pop century for $55 per night.
How about $29 per night at the Polynesian and Contemporary?

Adjusted for inflation, this is $191 per night today.

Poly reservationcard.jpg

I had the same sticker shock! I've been staying exclusively at the YC/BC since our honeymoon in 1994. The most I've ever paid was $400 a night in 2019 and that included free dining for 4 adults (DH, myself, and our 2 teens). I've been checking for September and I couldn't find anything less than $600 for a standard room with the 25% discount! The increase is insane! We're staying at the Dolphin for the first time ever because DH wants to be in that area to walk in and out of Epcot for the F & W festival.

3 people here. We stayed at cbr 2 years ago for 8 nights, 6 days at park, and memory maker for 3350 after tax and discounts. When I go to book again for same room for 8 nights, 5 days, and no MM it is 4500 (after discount). 1150 more for one less day at Park and no Memory Maker. The room went up 100+ a night. That is no where near a 10% or even a 17% increase. Closer to about 25% increase.

Compared to Cabana Bay at universal. with a three year difference. Room only went up about 40 a night on the high end ( I also went from a outside view to water view which is part of the increase). A family suite went from outside view at 175 a night to a water view at 215 a night.

We've been going to WDW for 25 years and price hikes are normal but the past year or two has been too much in my opinion. I guess if the demand is there they will charge whatever they can. We are just about at the point were we might hang it up.
A funny side story: we recently found an old resort receipt from a WDW special at the pop century for $55 per night.
I think they will definitely get away with it until after the anniversary hype and just pent up demand but if it stays like this I think we will see alot of discounts and sales in about 2 years.

I’d also add the park pass reservation system adds another benefit for staying on site in theory but not sure it actually plays out this way. I expect the park pass system to stay in future as way to incentivize on site stays when availability is tight (especially for ap).
I have never seen a difference in park reservation availability for resort guest and single ticket guest

I had the same sticker shock! I've been staying exclusively at the YC/BC since our honeymoon in 1994. The most I've ever paid was $400 a night in 2019 and that included free dining for 4 adults (DH, myself, and our 2 teens). I've been checking for September and I couldn't find anything less than $600 for a standard room with the 25% discount! The increase is insane! We're staying at the Dolphin for the first time ever because DH wants to be in that area to walk in and out of Epcot for the F & W festival.
You should totally look into renting DVC points

I hear ya with the price increase - 3 years ago I stayed at AKL for slightly less than my CBR trip this year, almost identical weeks in September.

I considered canceling a few times to wait it out until 2022 but we really need a vacation so we'll pay what we pay this year. On the other side of the coin it has made me seriously consider DVC resale.

We are planning a 7 day stay (Wed-Wed) during the same dates. We will probably stay at the Dolphin because the price is so much better. If you have an AP, the promo code is QWH and usually gives a good discount and can change the "refund policy".

.....We have a reservation at the Dolphin. We can get a much larger room for a lot less money (even with the parking and resort fee) then what they are asking for the Disney hotels.
...we've stayed here twice....you're still right in the middle of things....plus, they have great choices for places to eat [although, we went to Todd English's Blue Zoo just before this past Christmas and did NOT care for it - Flying Fish, when are you gonna OPEN???? :faint: ]

...... YIKES ............ DVC owner here so I don't usually book regular cash stays but with the restrictions and our curiosity we thought about booking at a moderate for our annual Christmas time stay. We usually book about 3 nights sometime between 12/1-12/19. I just took a look at resort prices and was floored. Two years ago we had a cash stay at Riverside for about $220 a night and with Caribbean Beach and Coronado being about $350 a night Im expecting Riverside to be the same at reopening. I can not believe people pay these prices when there are pretty much NO benefits to staying on property anymore. When will guest finally have enough of the constant huge price increases?

Maybe the same time they stop paying $199.00 per person for a 3 hour after hours event.

We have been to WDW 6 times since 2005 and OMG! These room rates are unprecedented. I am considering booking CSR GT and the room rates are pretty much what we paid for the beach club just 4 years ago. In 2009, we stayed inAKL kidani in a standard view studio room for 8 nights with park hopper tickets and the dining plan for under $4000. In 2010, we stayed at BCV in a studio for seven nights on rented points with park hopper tickets for $2300. In 2015 we were able to stay at the beach club in a deluxe room with park hopper tickets for 7 nights for under $6000 dollars. In 2019 we stayed in a club level room at BC with park hopper tickets for seven nights for just over $6000. I just don’t think there is anyway to repeat Those stays under current pricing - cash price or renting. I guess it’s because of the 50th anniversary and knowing some people may have two years worth of vacation dollars to spend.

I guess it’s because of the 50th anniversary and knowing some people may have two years worth of vacation dollars to spend.
Yeah, lots of factors for sure. Also, people have had to cancel expensive international travel due to travel restrictions, so they're opting for domestic as the only other choice.

Always look into renting DVC. The DIS has a series of shows on it and there is a lot of great info on the DVC forums on here. It can be a tremendous savings over regular room prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter